Spring PractiSe #2: Wednesday March 6

Advertisement
It’s not that we’re penciling him in to start it’s the rest of the crew telling us were out of out minds for thinking there’s a chance when he just started the game against Rutgers with healthy able bodies behind him.
Lou probably outworking those young cats and is on his Ps n Qs when it comes to knowing what to do..especially given he’s a vet, and it’s based on Winter/spring workouts along with the fact we know MC and mirabl mis n match and cross train..**** we had our Starting LT and LG taking some C in spring. but I agree, he SHOULD NOT be starting..but I put that on the more talented guys not clearly out performing him..would have a great point if we hadn’t seen that Samson was going to be next lineman up and was getting snaps in our jumbo packages before he went down..and if I’m not mistaken it was McCoy who took that spot when he went down..Lou started then was rotating in the bowl game..all in all we are in a pretty decent position If this is the worry after day 1 😂

Mario loves his OL

Mario loves his family

Mario loves his OL family

Mario loves his family OL

—————

Haiku aside, people “in the building” know that Mario refers to each position on the line by the role of a family member. It’s fairly genius:

RT: Unc
RG: Son
C: Cuz
LG: Daught
LT: Auntie

That’s why he called Matt Lee “Cuz” so often in interviews.

Advertisement
Crap - I just spoke to a good buddy of mine in the AD that was at practice today. TFWIW but apparently the staff is going to make Lou a captain for the UF game. Went on to say that his knowledge of the playbook is unmatched amongst his OL counterpart and the staff sees him as another coach out there, ability be damned.

He also told me that the Washington OG transfer really wanted to come but Mario couldn't promise him a starting job because he was torn about benching his nephew.

We seriously might be f*cked.

Last year, Joseph came out of the gate (Spring and start of fall) on fire then just wore down and wasn’t even in the rotation near the end of the year.

Hope that Trader can sustain it for longer.
What do you attribute Joseph's decline to? Physical practices? Strength and conditioning? Or just the general workload of school and football?

What do you attribute Joseph's decline to? Physical practices? Strength and conditioning? Or just the general workload of school and football?

Physical practices and school obligations.

Some of these kids don’t go for underwater basket weaving degrees.

I think he’ll do much better this year. Restrepo is the only thing standing in his way from a 1k receiving season.

Advertisement
taking bets for anyone who thinks we let Samson walk for Mario’s nephew. DM me

Crap - I just spoke to a good buddy of mine in the AD that was at practice today. TFWIW but apparently the staff is going to make Lou a captain for the UF game. Went on to say that his knowledge of the playbook is unmatched amongst his OL counterpart and the staff sees him as another coach out there, ability be damned.

He also told me that the Washington OG transfer really wanted to come but Mario couldn't promise him a starting job because he was torn about benching his nephew.

Power Rangers Fart GIF

Reminds me of the same type of sources Dannyboycane had/has.

Advertisement

Hat Lying GIF by SuperVictor

Is This Real Life David After Dentist GIF

Advertisement
It’s so funny how dudes are overreacting in ******* March like this isn’t some kind of motivation tactic.
Have those so called "overreactions" not been justified year in and year out for the better part of 20 years? Or do those all go away because it's a new year? I always find it funny that people dismiss any criticism then call people mopes when we have subpar seasons. Never change.

Advertisement
Back