Spring PractiSe #2: Wednesday March 6

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad to see you poured blood sweat and tears into the offseason strength and conditioning program and are already hitting your midseason form

leonardo dicaprio GIF
A few are in mid season form for sure for sure

Absolutely kill me now if Lou is going to be the starting LG come fall. This entire coaching staff needs to be jettisoned into the sun if this ends up happening. This has to be a seniority/continuity thing carrying over from the bowl game because in no world does this kid belong on starting OL, let alone in the 2 deep.

Ward makes me think of Ben Roethlisberger in the pocket.

He does a lot of scrambling around to buy time. It leads to some big time highlight reel plays, but also leads to some sloppy looking turnovers.

Just gotta work on finding the balance. My hope is we'll have more playmakers here than at Wash St, so he won't feel he has to do that as much.

Advertisement
I think X can improve as a player this season but may not get the volume he got. We will see.
You may be surprised.. he had the numbers he had even with a 3 game stretch in the middle of the season that combined didn't equate to some of his single game numbers. Most of that was due to QB play in those single games.

Clemson - Emory couldn't do anything with his arm and he went 7 catches for 26 yards
Virginia - 3 catches for 48 yards - Van Dyke was horrible
NCST - 3 catches for 35 yards Van Dyke was even worse than the previous week

13 catches for 109 yards - he eclipsed the total yards from these 3 games in 5 other individual games. He probably won't have another 190+ yard game like Louisville but I think he'll put up 1000 yards in a more consistent and steady way. Probably more than 6 TDs too.

lol so yall penciling in Lou to start at LG?
It’s not that we’re penciling him in to start it’s the rest of the crew telling us were out of out minds for thinking there’s a chance when he just started the game against Rutgers with healthy able bodies behind him.

Last season it was more of the mental side with the knee by the end of the year. That’s why I said they were hoping for a blowout later in the year to get him some pt. Ease him back into things. Then he had a famiky issue and had to take time away. That ended all of that. With all the injuries at rb this spring it should help him get reacclimated since he’ll have plenty of opportunities. Imo the situation ended up working out perfectly.
Well as long as Fletcher gets back to 100%. Good to see you back around @Cribby!

Advertisement
Absolutely kill me now if Lou is going to be the starting LG come fall. This entire coaching staff needs to be jettisoned into the sun if this ends up happening. This has to be a seniority/continuity thing carrying over from the bowl game because in no world does this kid belong on starting OL, let alone in the 2 deep.
The undue anxiety is strong in you my friend. It'll be ok, things will be just fine.

touching-grass.gif

Advertisement
Back