Practice - Day 5

Was he ever a DE?
Last year he was

Still was a dt. He was a de in the 3-4.

So a DE in a 3-4 is called a DT?

What do you think a 3-4 de is? When you go 4 down linemen the 3-4 de goes back inside and the olbs put their hand in the dirt.
Don't confuse them play 3 tech on one play as them being a DT, they still line up over the tackle which makes them a DE not a DT on majority of plays

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did any one notice RJ Macintosh said the 1's are:
Quan Muhammad
Him
Kendrick Norton
Scott Patchan

[TWEET]713083771688525824[/TWEET]

[TWEET]712999126393294849[/TWEET]

[TWEET]713023139400314880[/TWEET]

Yea not liking the way Yearby is looking, he will be slower than Mike Hart... Running 4.8's.. His freshman year he was perfect if he just added a good lean 5-10 pounds to that he would have great production. Now he has that Daddy Belly, he got Goldenized..

His freshmen year he could barely fill out his jersey.

He is not gaining this weight without the permission of Richt and Felder. They must have told him he needs to add more muscle mass to be a 15-20 carry back. But like most, he is gaining bad weight right now.

Besides, everyones body transforms differently. They all cant be Stacey Coley. 4 months and buddy looks like a brand new man. By Aug, Yearby will be where he needs to be.

Advertisement
CeUqQh9XIAAtZNa.jpg:large

Yearby looks out of shape man

Man, looks like Yearby has had one too many ice cream sandwhiches.

Or he could be breathing hard (other guys in the pic look gassed) and the pic caught him during an inhale.

Yep. That's it. That's what I tell the chicks when they ask why I look so fat. I tell them they always look at me during an inhale.

Did any one notice RJ Macintosh said the 1's are:
Quan Muhammad
Him
Kendrick Norton
Scott Patchan

And you do realize that means absolutely nothing right??
so they're practicing with the 1's because they suck ?? And it's also nothing that Gerald Willis and Chad Thomas aren't with the 2's neither because he said who the 2's were too..

Advertisement
I've never seen so much hate for a returning 1,000 yard back. Wtf? I don't need a burner. Y'all are obsessed with that because you can't stop comparing him to Cook. He's not Cook. He is someone that can fit through holes and pick up hidden yardage. He's also someone that can catch out of the backfield and make people miss in space. I'm not getting the hate here.

Happy to hear Patchan's name. Very intrigued by what he can bring to the table. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Probably a year away, IMO. I think McIntosh will be a stud here.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
From the Herald:

Some Canes, Dolphins and broadcast notes on a Thursday afternoon:

• Cornerback Corn Elder today became the latest Canes player to mention quite happily that players are required to think less in this new defensive system, and as a result are able to make more plays.

It’s “see the ball and get up and make a play,” he said. “It fits us well with the athletes we have.”

Unlike Al Golden’s approach, Mark Richt hired separate coaches for cornerbacks and safeties. Paul Williams handled both at UM; he was criticized by some high-level UM officials and is now at Illinois.

That individual attention from a cornerbacks coach (Mike Rumph) “has helped us out a lot,” Elder said. “It’s more hands on.”

When I asked Elder if UM will be playing more man defense, he smiled and said: “We got some good defenses coming in.” When Manny Navarro asked about being able to press more, Elder again smiled, declining to offer specifics.

UM played a lot of zone last year, but Mark D’Onofrio said it was less than the perception. But former players said they lobbied D’Onofrio to let them play more man. Manny Diaz said he doesn’t want to leave his cornerbacks without help, especially a group that’s so young.

• Elder, the only cornerback on the roster with a lot of experience, said he has been getting some work on returns and said he has “enough energy” to be a returner and an every-play cornerback. “I wouldn’t mind it,” he said.

• For the first time, Mark Richt said today what we’ve reported previously: That he badly wants an indoor practice facility. Richt called it a No. 1 priority. About 20 practices were delayed or disrupted or even canceled by weather last year, and UM can’t afford that.

“You need an indoor facility because of rain and lightning” and also to give players an occasional break when “it’s smoking hot,” Richt said.

UM AD Blake James wants to get this done, but a big donation is needed to finance a facility that could cost $17 million. We’ve been told Richt is willing to help with the fundraising drive.

Richt said the current plan now is to move players inside the Wellness Center for practices disrupted by weather.

• Richt wants things done a certain way on offense and he said “the good news is every so often we do it right. Are they practicing the way we want? They’re trying to…. It’s still not quite where we want them.”

• R.J. McIntosh was moved from defensive end to tackle and said he’s getting first-team work with Kendrick Norton. Anthony Moten, Courtel Jenkins and Gerald Willis have been working behind them.

• Brad Kaaya said Richt’s system has “a few different route concepts and different footwork” from the approach of the former staff. Is it a more complicated system? “I wouldn’t say more complicated. Just different."

From the Herald:

Some Canes, Dolphins and broadcast notes on a Thursday afternoon:

• Cornerback Corn Elder today became the latest Canes player to mention quite happily that players are required to think less in this new defensive system, and as a result are able to make more plays.

It’s “see the ball and get up and make a play,” he said. “It fits us well with the athletes we have.”

Unlike Al Golden’s approach, Mark Richt hired separate coaches for cornerbacks and safeties. Paul Williams handled both at UM; he was criticized by some high-level UM officials and is now at Illinois.

That individual attention from a cornerbacks coach (Mike Rumph) “has helped us out a lot,” Elder said. “It’s more hands on.”

When I asked Elder if UM will be playing more man defense, he smiled and said: “We got some good defenses coming in.” When Manny Navarro asked about being able to press more, Elder again smiled, declining to offer specifics.

UM played a lot of zone last year, but Mark D’Onofrio said it was less than the perception. But former players said they lobbied D’Onofrio to let them play more man. Manny Diaz said he doesn’t want to leave his cornerbacks without help, especially a group that’s so young.

• Elder, the only cornerback on the roster with a lot of experience, said he has been getting some work on returns and said he has “enough energy” to be a returner and an every-play cornerback. “I wouldn’t mind it,” he said.

• For the first time, Mark Richt said today what we’ve reported previously: That he badly wants an indoor practice facility. Richt called it a No. 1 priority. About 20 practices were delayed or disrupted or even canceled by weather last year, and UM can’t afford that.

“You need an indoor facility because of rain and lightning” and also to give players an occasional break when “it’s smoking hot,” Richt said.

UM AD Blake James wants to get this done, but a big donation is needed to finance a facility that could cost $17 million. We’ve been told Richt is willing to help with the fundraising drive.

Richt said the current plan now is to move players inside the Wellness Center for practices disrupted by weather.

• Richt wants things done a certain way on offense and he said “the good news is every so often we do it right. Are they practicing the way we want? They’re trying to…. It’s still not quite where we want them.”

• R.J. McIntosh was moved from defensive end to tackle and said he’s getting first-team work with Kendrick Norton. Anthony Moten, Courtel Jenkins and Gerald Willis have been working behind them.

• Brad Kaaya said Richt’s system has “a few different route concepts and different footwork” from the approach of the former staff. Is it a more complicated system? “I wouldn’t say more complicated. Just different."

Well that's not saying a lot , Coley got his route concepts off Madden 05

Advertisement
sounds like they had some music blasting today... And anyone else notice Grey in the 1st video wreck that D-Lineman?

Has Alex Gall set a date for this years *** photo shoot?

Asking for a friend

Advertisement
Back