Practice day 4 Full Pads

They focused on the bball team

LOL. They can't discuss two sports? How do the beat writers at other schools manage?

How many other schools are having spring practice while the basketball team is in the sweet 16?

I would guess 16 maybe less.....but no more than 16

No way. It's impossible for a major publication to handle 2 sports from its local marquee D1 program. Impossible to do.

Yup, takes too much time away from attending sports journalism award events. ;-)

Advertisement
Couple things...Malik Rosier, what a great kid. Love his confidence in answering questions. Seemed like the peanut gallery was digging for something negative, but no bite out of him. Seems very relaxed and I loved him embracing being under center with his comment on being physical. Kid is all Cane, UM, friends with former teammates of baseball team and knows his hoops too. Kid should be student body president. Second, and MOST important is the Richts drilling the QB's on footwork. There is not a sport in the world where you can be great with poor footwork. Everything starts with your feet. Coaches Richt emphasizing footwork is REAL coaching. Coach Richt got NFL level QB coaching at Miami and has clearly incorporated that into his coaching. I'd be interested to know if John brought some of that from his NFL days and/or if the HC Richt attends NFL QB coaching workshops or both. Either way, we got ourselves real coaches. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

P.S. - too bad Jacory can't get a mulligan on his college career.

Side note we have the worst set of "beat writers" . It's like spring practice is not even going on with these folks covering the team

Basketball don't play until Thursday though

Expect them to fly Monday back to Miami from Providence then have to leave that same Wednesday to Louisville? Cmon let the Basketball team have their exposure. They earned it.. They actually win after the regular season compared to these past few fball teams

Miami FB hasn't won a Bowl game since 2006.....a decade! The team that won 5 titles (6 really) in 18 years has done squat in ten ***king years. I have never been a big BB fan, but Jim L's kids have me on the edge of my seat, I'm all in now with round ball.....GO ARod!

Advertisement
Couple things...Malik Rosier, what a great kid. Love his confidence in answering questions. Seemed like the peanut gallery was digging for something negative, but no bite out of him. Seems very relaxed and I loved him embracing being under center with his comment on being physical. Kid is all Cane, UM, friends with former teammates of baseball team and knows his hoops too. Kid should be student body president. Second, and MOST important is the Richts drilling the QB's on footwork. There is not a sport in the world where you can be great with poor footwork. Everything starts with your feet. Coaches Richt emphasizing footwork is REAL coaching. Coach Richt got NFL level QB coaching at Miami and has clearly incorporated that into his coaching. I'd be interested to know if John brought some of that from his NFL days and/or if the HC Richt attends NFL QB coaching workshops or both. Either way, we got ourselves real coaches. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

P.S. - too bad Jacory can't get a mulligan on his college career.

Jacory would have been great under Richt...He was a short pass QB who we tried to use like a strong arm QB. Richt has a short to medium pass playbook for the most part.

Side note we have the worst set of "beat writers" . It's like spring practice is not even going on with these folks covering the team

Basketball don't play until Thursday though

Still they the story of the school
Yup, they have enough talent to win it all IMO

Gotta get lucky. Hot night, while opposing team cold. ( In final 4) I think they can beat Villanova, but I already chewed off the ol fingernails.... Even in this discussion on the hardwood is something I never thought I would see. Shock the world Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back