Practice #4

Advertisement
Herbert couldn’t win a spot over Zion who was a true freshman and gained 60 pounds in a half of a year. Writing off Zion but wanting to see what Herbert can do seems counterintuitive, especially given their respective traits.

Your basing it on the decision of an offensive line coach and coordinator who got fired after one season though. I mean we have to consider the guys who made the decision to start Zion in the first place. After watching Zion look absolutely lost last year, I have to wonder if he actually was the best option at the time. I mean, the worst starting tackle in FBS was our best option? Maybe Herbert really is that bad. Maybe he was out of shape or lazy during practices? I mean he would have to be epically bad to perform worse than Zion did last year.

Advertisement
Will give this staff the benefit of the doubt on how they think OL fit their system. Especially in comparison to what almost all knew for sure was a weird set of personnel decisions last year. A skinny true Frosh LT in an offense attempting power runs and deep PA dropbacks? Yeah, I'm not putting too much into the evaluations made by that coaching group.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Your basing it on the decision of an offensive line coach and coordinator who got fired after one season though. I mean we have to consider the guys who made the decision to start Zion in the first place. After watching Zion look absolutely lost last year, I have to wonder if he actually was the best option at the time. I mean, the worst starting tackle in FBS was our best option? Maybe Herbert really is that bad. Maybe he was out of shape or lazy during practices? I mean he would have to be epically bad to perform worse than Zion did last year.
Herbert also looked worse than Zion whenever he came in the games. I’m not just basing it on those inept coaches. Basing it on my eyes too, in addition to everything we’ve heard around the program. I’m much more excited to see how Zion progresses than Herbert, but that’s just me.

Advertisement
They'll come looking for Stroud after next season. Raising thoroughbreds will do that.

Advertisement
Back