Practice #3

Tate is more a gamer.

I told people he doesn’t have the physical throwing tools that Perry or Jarren have nor the size.

What he does better than those two are play on the run or move.

Enos asks his QB to throw on the run so that is where Martell can excel. Also he can perform when the pocket breaks down better than Perry or Williams.

In a pure throwing exhibition Martell is the worst of the group, but QB is not played just on throwing an out route from the pocket...especially with Miami’s OL.

Advertisement
It's all physical

It's all physical at this point. Let's see who mentally grasps the offense going forward. I think Tate has enough arm talent to iron it out.
I think he does too, it’s early. I’m sure we will see progression with enos working with him too

Advertisement
I want whoever Enos wants . . . As impressive as Martell is, and he's very impressive, Enos said there were going to be a lot of snaps under center. That's fine until the QB starts going down. We saw that from N'kosi last year. That's when Martell can shine . . . breaking out of the pocket and gun-slinging it downfield. If Martell ends up No. 3, I would still go to sleep at night with a smile on my face . . .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kennedy at center is weird but Zion Nelson was there earlier this week so Im guessing they are trying people at different spots. I hope Campbell, Hillery, and Herbert develop because I think they are the most natural Tackles on the team and I guess you can put Brown on that list as well. Good to see Nesta and Miller in that second team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back