Practice #13

Advertisement
Rok mixing in a depth chart with his trolling shows strong off-season dedication. Putting in work is key in all aspects of the game.

I feel like at some point the term JAG took on a very negative connotation. Some might use it to describe someone like Knowles, but that's not fair to true JAGs. There's kids who have proven they're not good (Knowles, Feagles for example), and then there's a true JAG like Langham, Pat Bethel, Zach McCloud, Tyree St. Louis. If you were to ask a scout, his reply would be "McCloud? He's fine. Just a guy." I consider a JAG to be competent, capable, perhaps even good enough to start. It may be unfair to pin the label of Just A Guy on young kids with loads of potential (Lingard, Pope, Hightower, Silvera, Hall for example), but until that potential is realized shouldn't we consider most of these kids Just A Guy? Haven't we learned that ratings and what anyone accomplished in high school typically stops mattering the moment they begin college?

Advertisement
Yeah bruh we all get that..but perry looks the best rn
Agreed, but don't JW and Tate both have personal QB coaches?

If Perry wants to be QB1 come August 24, he needs to keep his *** out of Ocala and on campus for the summer, bc JW and Tate are absolutely going to get better post-spring. Seems like his only mentor outside of the team is his HS coach, and while I'm sure he's a good man, he didn't exactly have Perry prepped for the next level of quarterbacking.

If Perry wants to be QB1 come August 24, he needs to keep his *** out of Ocala and on campus for the summer, bc JW and Tate are absolutely going to get better post-spring. Seems like his only mentor outside of the team is his HS coach, and while I'm sure he's a good man, he didn't exactly have Perry prepped for the next level of quarterbacking.
Jameis?

crablegs will keep him focused

Advertisement
So you want respect after you insult me? U apologize for insulting me and we’re good.

If I’m competing for a starting position I go to the scrimmage and then go to the reception. Whoever loves me would understand.
Lol..If you were competing. If you were competing for a starting spot Zion could go to the wedding and still have that **** locked up. Respect the kids decision. The coaches apparently did to let him go. This guy was 110% a redshirt this year anyways.

Advertisement

Agree... the more time Perry spends in Ocala this summer, lesser are his chances of playing QB at the U this fall...

Advertisement
From Enos' post practice interview:

Added Enos: “These three guys continue to improve. All of them have good days and then one will be ahead and then the other bumps ahead. It’s too close to tell right now. But I will say this: They’re all getting better. It has been really encouraging to watch their pocket demeanor, their fundamentals, their eyes, their feet coming off their reads.

“Like Jarren, for example, Saturday, he did something in the scrimmage that’s a very small thing but it’s something that I showed those guys on tape for about a week and a half. And it translated. He did it exactly. Then I was like, ‘Oh my goodness gracious.’ They all had moments like that and they all have good things...’.

And from Manny:

UM coach Manny Diaz said all three quarterbacks are improving, but “there’s no way they have enough at-bats where somebody can jump out in front of the pack’’ by Saturday’s spring game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando. “What we think will be the key is this building when no one is watching in June and July and when they bring the team in here without coaches and just the repetition of going through these pass concepts and running these plays.’’

It isn't just about who has the stronger arm. Who makes the bigger throws. It's about so much more clearly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back