Power 5 optimism dwindling for on-time start to season

The one thing people aren't mentioning about fall football when talking about money, is fans in seats. Sure, there's plenty of revenue from conference deals, but butts in seats pay a lot of the bills as that isn't split amongst your conference schools.

Monetarily, that would out even more teams in the hole. Holding out for Spring doesn't mean it's a go then, but financially the odds are better with time and more of a return to normalcy.

Advertisement
It would be just our luck that a once in a lifetime pandemic shuts down our chances of being relevant in college football again.

Everything was setting up perfectly:

- Top 10 QB in the country, maybe top 5.
- High octane offense that no one is prepared to defend.
- Laughlably easy schedule.
- An experienced defense.
- Recruiting momentum.

I swear, man, this program is ******* cursed.

This is why I get so triggered by people on this board shoving COVID-19 in our faces every second. We get it. It’s a big deal. I just want my Canes to play.

Email this post to Manny Diaz so he can use it in his excuse generator machine when we suck again in 2021. "We were so close guys but then we got kung flu'd."

The Actual Fatality Rate From Covid Is No Different Than Mosy Other Flu - This Insanity & Buffonary - There's Tangible For All This Absurd Monkey Traing Exercises - Idiocracy Is Here To Stay ???

If you factor out the nursing homes and assisted living fatalities you are basically looking at numbers similar to a bad flu season.

If men could play football during World War I, World War II, the Spanish flu, Swine flu, etc. then they can strap up and play now. We're talking about young, healthy, in shape men. These aren't 90 year old women with a history of respiratory diseases.

The fact of the matter is, from an optics standpoint, none of these ADs have balls and want to be the first one to say "you're god**** right we're playing". They're hoping someone else makes the tough decision for them. But no season? That's financial suicide for many schools.

Advertisement
The Actual Fatality Rate From Covid Is No Different Than Mosy Other Flu - This Insanity & Buffonary - There's Tangible For All This Absurd Monkey Traing Exercises - Idiocracy Is Here To Stay ???
Stop making false statements.

First of all, Covid-19 is one of the most contagious viruses.

Secondly, the death rate of Covid-19 has been hovering around 4-5% of positive tested cases. The common Influenza flu has a < 1% death rate of those infected.

Lastly, we have a vaccine for Influenza. We don't have one for Covid-19.

Case closed.
I agree with this but unfortunately the "climate" is being manipulated by the media. I was at the gym this morning on the cycle and was able to watch two tvs side by side with opposing news channels covering the same news conference.. One channel captioning that schools are being mandated to open in the fall despite increases in cases, the other about the importance of reopening schools for socialization, nutritional, and educational concerns for students.

I do think if not in Fall, a Spring scenario will emerge simply because the election will be over with by then. Too much politicization of the issues mucking things up and increasing mistrust of officials and medical professionals confusing the **** out of people.
You guys are just insane with this continued blame of the media. The media isn't in charge of combating the Covid-19 virus.

We have 4% of the world's population and 25% of the Covid-19 cases and deaths.

Most of the countries that started with same mishaps we did have brought their Covid-19 curve to to a low flat line.

If you look at any chart, were at popular opposites. That space in between the two reprsents the failure of our nation not the failure of the media.
image.png

All your trying to do is rationalize this shiit show by claiming the media is blowing things out of proportion to normalize the failure of a nation.

Last edited:

Secondly, the death rate of Covid-19 has been hovering around 4-5% of tested cases. The common Influenza flu has a < 1% death rate of those infected.

Case closed.

You guys are just insane with this continued blame of the media. The media isn't in charge of combating the Covid-19 virus.

Most of the countries that started with same mishaps we did have brought their Covid-19 curve to to a low flat line.

If you look at any chart, were at popular opposites. That space in between the two reprsents the failure of our nation not the failure of the media.
View attachment 120985
All your trying to do is rationalize this shiit show by claiming the media is blowing things out of proportion to normalize the failure of a nation.
Yea it's bad I know mad heads that got hit with it and deaths. The thing is kids bring that **** home to people who can't get it and the ICU only has so many beds man. I can't get that **** it would be lights out for me

Yea it's bad I know mad heads that got hit with it and deaths. The thing is kids bring that **** home to people who can't get it and the ICU only has so many beds man. I can't get that **** it would be lights out for me
Yah. I feel ya. I don't know how the schools are going to open for in person learning. Kids are going to socialize at school. I don't see them wearing masks 100% of the time. They'll spread it to each other and bring it home to mom and dad then they'll bring it to work.

Kids need to be in school. However, they shouldn't be put in an unsafe environment.

Dade and Broward said today they won't send kids back if we're still in Phase 1 of reopening.

Yah. I feel ya. I don't know how the schools are going to open for in person learning. Kids are going to socialize at school. I don't see them wearing masks 100% of the time. They'll spread it to each other and bring it home to mom and dad then they'll bring it to work.

Kids need to be in school. However, they shouldn't be put in an unsafe environment.

Dade and Broward said today they won't send kids back if we're still in Phase 1 of reopening.
I dont want my kids to go back to school right now, when I walk with them I observe and they touch every fuqin thing and they pull down their mask alot. Im like put that **** back on man. I could imagine in school, if I was a kid I probably wouldn't listen and think im invincible.

Advertisement
I dont want my kids to go back to school right now, when I walk with them I observe and they touch every fuqin thing and they pull down their mask alot. Im like put that **** back on man. I could imagine in school, if I was a kid I probably wouldn't listen and think im invincible.
I was a substitute teacher for high school in my past. I know how theae kids are going react. They socialize before school in large numbers. Teachers have to yell at them to ge
Yep. My son is in college and my nephew will be a freshman in college. All their classes are online.

Elementary thru high school is tough. It's very tough for parents who don't have the resources to keep their kids at home. There needs to be a hybrid system where kids that can be at home stay at home and those that can't can attendin person.

We are in tough times, but I always try to remember that every generation before us has had it harder than us. Wearing a mask is just inconvenience. People just need to wear the **** mask so we can move the covid numbers down.

Secondly, the death rate of Covid-19 has been hovering around 4-5% of positive tested cases. The common Influenza flu has a < 1% death rate of those infected.

Case closed.

View attachment 120985
The numbers Are Fabricated Or Manipulated - You All Are Clueless & Brainwashed By The D*mn TV

I was a substitute teacher for high school in my past. I know how theae kids are going react. They socialize before school in large numbers. Teachers have to yell at them to ge

Yep. My son is in college and my nephew will be a freshman in college. All their classes are online.

Elementary thru high school is tough. It's very tough for parents who don't have the resources to keep their kids at home. There needs to be a hybrid system where kids that can be at home stay at home and those that can't can attendin person.

We are in tough times, but I always try to remember that every generation before us has had it harder than us. Wearing a mask is just inconvenience. People just need to wear the **** mask so we can move the covid numbers down.
Wear The Mask ? Keep It Down ? Seriously ? Are You This Spaced Out ?

Secondly, the death rate of Covid-19 has been hovering around 4-5% of tested cases. The common Influenza flu has a < 1% death rate of those infected.

Case closed.

View attachment 120985

I agree that COVID appears more contagious than influenza, but then again, influenza has been around a very long time and people have gotten used to it so it is not scrutinized in the same way. It still kills up to 40-60,000 annually in this country. But COVID fatalities and how they are counted greatly skews the numbers. There are plenty of reports of COVID fatalities being over counted regardless of comorbidities. You can easily look that up. For example, if you die of cardiac arrest due to coronary heart disease but have COVID it will still be counted as a COVID death. You can't take these numbers seriously when you have such an imprecise assessment of the cause of death to begin with.

Other than China, who you can't trust to produce accurate information anyway, the U.S. has conducted the most tests by far compared to other countries. Of course you will detect more cases, including asymptomatic cases, with more testing. The fact we have more cases than other countries is most likely a function of population density (greater number of large cities) and available testing.

It has been reported that 45% of the deaths in the U.S. were in nursing home and assisted living facilities. I agree this was mishandled from the beginning. If the focus would have been targeted at our most vulnerable population in these situations we would have dramatically reduced the numbers of fatalities. We did not have to shut down large segments of society to deal with this and had a lot of unintended negative consequences of people not working and being isolated as if everyone were equally vulnerable to COVID.

I gave you a concrete example of how the media spins the information for their own purposes. They choose to report on some things but not others, or report things without giving any context. You don't have to believe me. It doesn't change the situation one bit.

Advertisement

[/QUOTE Why Would Miami A Dpike In Cases ??? Turn The Switch On In Your Cranium - Miami Dade Goverment Scammed The FEDS $$$$ - With That Zika Balone - How Many Times Fo They Have To Run These Scams On The Public Before They Wake Up

Case closed.

View attachment 120985
That Chart Is Manipulated Manure

Advertisement
If season is delayed or cancelled should Greg even play or should he just train for the combine

I agree that COVID appears more contagious than influenza, but then again, influenza has been around a very long time and people have gotten used to it so it is not scrutinized in the same way. It still kills up to 40-60,000 annually in this country. But COVID fatalities and how they are counted greatly skews the numbers. There are plenty of reports of COVID fatalities being over counted regardless of comorbidities. You can easily look that up. For example, if you die of cardiac arrest due to coronary heart disease but have COVID it will still be counted as a COVID death. You can't take these numbers seriously when you have such an imprecise assessment of the cause of death to begin with.

Other than China, who you can't trust to produce accurate information anyway, the U.S. has conducted the most tests by far compared to other countries. Of course you will detect more cases, including asymptomatic cases, with more testing. The fact we have more cases than other countries is most likely a function of population density (greater number of large cities) and available testing.

It has been reported that 45% of the deaths in the U.S. were in nursing home and assisted living facilities. I agree this was mishandled from the beginning. If the focus would have been targeted at our most vulnerable population in these situations we would have dramatically reduced the numbers of fatalities. We did not have to shut down large segments of society to deal with this and had a lot of unintended negative consequences of people not working and being isolated as if everyone were equally vulnerable to COVID.

I gave you a concrete example of how the media spins the information for their own purposes. They choose to report on some things but not others, or report things without giving any context. You don't have to believe me. It doesn't change the situation one bit.
That was your intention, but that's not what you did. You presented 2 things that are both true. Kids need to attend in person for several reasons (social, mental, financial, etc). They would also be put at high risk in our current high rate of transmission. The fact that 2 completely different news channels presented each side is not controversial nor some sort of conspiracy.

What we didn't need to do was open too early, open tooany things, and make wearing a mask political. With so much success around us, we just need to implement what other countries have done successfully. All need need is a plan the will to execute it.

I think the smart money is on a 30-60 Day delay and possibly only conference games. I really don't think the season will happen in the Spring unless they are able to finish it before the NFL combine.

NFL draft could push to June/July as a one time thing.

Advertisement
Back