Potentially toughest 2020 games

I was thinking the same thing but I saw this and figured I was wrong. That makes a huge difference in that game.

That was last updated in Dec.

Advertisement
Here are several points, which, on their face, appear in conflict and, as a result, are difficult for those with limited intelligence to grasp as potentially simultaneously accurate:
1. We have enough material to expect to beat every team on our schedule;
2. UM fans can insist on our coaches maximizing our material by holding them to a standard of expecting us to beat every team we should beat;
3. It’s perfectly acceptable to maintain high standards despite poor results;
4. Many teams that dramatically underachieved in one season have made significant changes and improved drastically the following season;
5. It’s perfectly understandable and admirable for UM fans to be excited and hopeful about the upcoming season despite past poor results;
6. It’s entirely realistic to embrace 1 through 5 above and still be skeptical about Manure’s ability to lead and get the job done.

Advertisement
@ Wake Forest
@ UVA
@ Va Tech

Are all tough, but winnable games.

All we need is to win 2 out of those 3 preferably UVA & Va Tech.

UNC is overrated. Very good QB, bad Defense, plus we play them at the Rock, we'll win that game.

The season will come down to those road games vs UVA & Va Tech, we beat them, we win the Corstal.

C'mon Sin. Are you saying an easier schedule, replacing Garvin with Roche, Enos with Lashlee, Barry with Judge and Kosi/Jarren with King equals the same record as 2019?

same thing y’all said about losing homer Richt getting Enos .. color me unimpressed until i see years of consistent dominant football. Schedule means NOTHING when you get outcoached by 10 out of 12 teams.

@ Wake Forest
@ UVA
@ Va Tech

Are all tough, but winnable games.

All we need is to win 2 out of those 3 preferably UVA & Va Tech.

UNC is overrated. Very good QB, bad Defense, plus we play them at the Rock, we'll win that game.

The season will come down to those road games vs UVA & Va Tech, we beat them, we win the Corstal.

Imo Howell makes a 7 win UNC team into a 10 win team. I think he's going to be one of the top players in college football next season.

Advertisement
Imo Howell makes a 7 win UNC team into a 10 win team. I think he's going to be one of the top players in college football.
I think you're giving him a little more credit than he deserves.

UNC is not a 10 win team, they simply don't have the roster to carry that out, they have a good QB, but not a good team.

Sam Howell ain't Trevor Lawrence bruh, they have games @ UCF, in ATL vs Auburn, @ UVA & will have tough road game vs a sneaky BC team that will have a different offense under new HC Jeff Hafley & OC Frank Cignetti who's a NFL guy from the Packers, Giants & Rams.

Don't believe the Tar Heel hype, yes they're tearing it up in recruiting but they're not some superstar team right now, maybe in a year or two after recruiting well, but they're not the big bad boogeyman that everyone is making them out to be.

Imo Howell makes a 7 win UNC team into a 10 win team. I think he's going to be one of the top players in college football next season.

I can understand why you say that but I’m not sold on him. A sophomore slump wouldn’t surprise me and I think he peaks as a CFB QB.

I think you're giving him a little more credit than he deserves.

UNC is not a 10 win team, they simply don't have the roster to carry that out, they have a good QB, but not a good team.

Sam Howell ain't Trevor Lawrence bruh, they have games @ UCF, in ATL vs Auburn, @ UVA & will have tough road game vs a sneaky BC team that will have a different offense under new HC Jeff Hafley & OC Frank Cignetti who's a NFL guy from the Packers, Giants & Rams.

Don't believe the Tar Heel hype, yes they're tearing it up in recruiting but they're not some superstar team right now, maybe in a year or two after recruiting well, but they're not the big bad boogeyman that everyone is making them out to be.

I know he's no Trevor Lawrence but 3700/38/7 is a **** good stat line for a true freshman. Think college football has shown the last several years that a talented QB can mean several more wins for any team with good, not great talent.

Just look at our team. Average QB play and we win 10 games last year.

Advertisement
The coastal is taking a huge step forward next year. I expect 3 teams to be ranked from the coastal.

I think UNC is our toughest game.

Here are several points, which, on their face, appear in conflict and, as a result, are difficult for those with limited intelligence to grasp as potentially simultaneously accurate:
2. UM fans can insist on our coaches maximizing our material by holding them to a standard of expecting us to beat every team we should beat;
4. Many teams that dramatically underachieved in one season have made significant changes and improved drastically the following season;
5. It’s perfectly understandable and admirable for UM fans to be excited and hopeful about the upcoming season despite past poor results;
6. It’s entirely realistic to embrace 1 through 5 above and still be skeptical about Manure’s ability to lead and get the job done.
Yep, this is exactly where I fall, all points considered. I’ve got a great feeling about the 2020 season but at the same time am cautiously apprehensive given our results from last year. I do however feel more so that we will hold serve at home, including beating UNC and FSU, fall victim as always to a lesser opponent, and will face off in Charlotte for the ACCCG. I’m hopeful that means getting there with a good to great record, showing up well against Clemson, and winning a NY6 bowl game. We do all of that, then we will finish Top 10 for 2020 and set ourselves up for another run in 2021. I just hope the loss to Bama in the season opener would detract from what potentially could be another successful year. That’s what we haven’t done in a long, long time. Followed up a 11-2 type season with a 10-3 ish type year. That’s when we can start believing that the U is finally back. We can’t go 11-2 in 2020 and then fal off the map in 2021.

I know he's no Trevor Lawrence but 3700/38/7 is a **** good stat line for a true freshman. Think college football has shown the last several years that a talented QB can mean several more wins for any team with good, not great talent.

Just look at our team. Average QB play and we win 10 games last year.
It doesn't matter how talented a QB is if he doesn't have help surrounding him.

Idk how much UNC football you watched last year, but they're not a good team bro, that Defense is trash.

The reason why we can be considered a QB away from being a good team is because we have a good enough defense & enough talent to where our biggest deficiency can be solved in an offseason with the right play caller & QB combo.

UNC needs a good 1-2 years of the kind of recruiting they're doing in the 21 class in order to get to that point. They're Defense is devoid of consistent talent.

Enox with his 2011 Central Michigan offense he had us running carved them up for God's sake lol.

Advertisement
That's why I think we go 8-5 or 9-4. Don't have a clue who we lose to but I have a feeling that's how it's going down...

Posted this on another thread but thought the topic had potential for interesting conversation.

I've seen a lot of posters predicting our 2020 record which left me wondering who were the possible losses within the 11-1 to 7-6 numbers being tossed around.

In my opinion, the following games are where the pitfalls exist:

UNC-A potential 10 win team. Finished pretty strong last year, had 7 wins overall. They bring back a Top 5, Heisman caliber QB in Sam Howell who put up 3700 yards, 38 TDs and 7 INTs last season. Imo this is going to be our toughest game of the season.

FSU-Should be four straight for us but the Noles are our biggest rival and it's historically been a tight game decided in the fourth quarter, regardless of record or ranking of either team. We'll see what Norvell does with the disaster Taggart left behind.

At UVA-Bronco is in year five there. Win totals under him are 2, 6, 8 then 9 last year. Their defense will be solid based on his coaching style and the fact they return 8 upperclassmen on that side of the ball. Offensively Bryce Perkins is a **** fine player who can neutralize a good pass rush with his legs and can make throws on the run. This one won't be easy.

At VT-We will be the better team but this will be our fourth straight conference game without a bye week at a place they've always played us tough. Job gets even tougher if it ends up being a night game. It's also at a time in the season where injuries incurred as the season progresses seem to be magnified. No idea what to expect from that team going into next season. They finished with 8 wins last year but they've had major transfer issues and I question how much of that team likes playing for Fuentes overall. Imo this is a tricky game based on location and when it's scheduled. If Fuentes has them playing well this game has potential upset written all over it. If they tank we should take care of business regardless of all the other factors.

MSU-Throwing them in there because it's on the road against a team we have no history with. They've been a good to very good defensive team but they have a totally new coaching staff and have been inept offensively over the last several years. They will also be breaking in a new QB. Our defense should eat against a team undergoing a major transition overall.
Im done counting our eggs before they hatch after the last two years. If we washed the the shytted jock straps from last season's performance, with the resolve that we keep them clean this year, the sky is the limit. If not, get ready for that unshakable, sand-in-the-crack feeling all year, with more shytting to come. How do you get over losing to FIU? How do you get over being shut out bt LA Tech, in a bowl game much less?

There’s a 4 year sample size of the defense keeping the team in pretty much every single game. There are but just a couple exceptions to that. So, if the defense keeps you around in every game, can the offense go win them? I’ll take my chances with D’Eriq King and a proven OC. Barring injury to King, this team loses no more than 2 games.

Advertisement
Back