Potentially huge news about D'Eriq King

Advertisement
But but but it's not DEFINITE gUyZzzzz!!!

(I'm not even busting Ol' Barry's balls here as I guess he has to ask if it's 100% set in stone and he did just write an article about how it's smart of King to come back. That said, the kid could've been wayyyyyyyy more evasive with his answer so this is obviously good news.)

I makes sense. He could have turned pro last year if that’s what he wanted to do. He felt he needed another year to prove himself as a QB, otherwise he would at best get drafted as a WR.

1596939255848.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now the question is will Roche follow his lead? This would mean we won’t have to take a qb for this class as well.

Does Brevin leave for the NFL? Not sure he has enough tape and with his injury it may make sense to stay as well. Don’t see anyone else we could lose.

I wonder if Bama loses anyone unexpected.

And does Dabo have enough juice to hustle Lawrence for another season?

Advertisement
He doesn’t have a choice, tbh. WR as a freshman & most of his sophomore yr. Great Jr year that ended w/ an injury. **** poor Sr yr to start off. With 90% of a season as his only tape, at his height, he has no choice.
Correct. King almost has to play season, whether 6 or 12 games as a college quarterback to prove he can play the position.
‘No season, or even a delay into spring, however, would likely impact the decision making of those who have already proven themselves to the NFL. For example, Greg Rousseau and others who are already out, but also players like Trevor Lawrence and Etienne who have nothing left to provide in college. I can’t imagine either of them returning. No point to it.

He doesn’t have a choice, tbh. WR as a freshman & most of his sophomore yr. Great Jr year that ended w/ an injury. **** poor Sr yr to start off. With 90% of a season as his only tape, at his height, he has no choice.

Logic has never been a friend of ours!

Now the question is will Roche follow his lead? This would mean we won’t have to take a qb for this class as well.

Does Brevin leave for the NFL? Not sure he has enough tape and with his injury it may make sense to stay as well. Don’t see anyone else we could lose.

I wonder if Bama loses anyone unexpected.

And does Dabo have enough juice to hustle Lawrence for another season?

Re: Lawrence, I don't think he sticks around for the 2021 season. Means he doesn't get drafted til April 2022. He wasn't going to sit out but I just don't see him skipping the 2021 draft.

Advertisement
Re: Lawrence, I don't think he sticks around for the 2021 season. Means he doesn't get drafted til April 2022. He wasn't going to sit out but I just don't see him skipping the 2021 draft.

some dudes like college that much. Zion Williamson wanted to return to duke. Difference is Coach K wouldn’t let him. Dabo and Saban welcome it...

If King did decide to come back, it would add a totally new dynamic to the 2021 recruiting class as well. In that case, getting a QB in this class isn't a need, it can be a luxury. And you also don't have to worry about getting a grad transfer QB. If you do get a transfer QB, they don't have to worry about coming in and winning the job right away, they could even sit the 2021 season if they wanted.

Yes we all want to play this season bc of the potential for how good it can be, but hopes and wishes won't keep the season going and wipe the virus out. This is a huge possibility.

If King did decide to come back, it would add a totally new dynamic to the 2021 recruiting class as well. In that case, getting a QB in this class isn't a need, it can be a luxury. And you also don't have to worry about getting a grad transfer QB. If you do get a transfer QB, they don't have to worry about coming in and winning the job right away, they could even sit the 2021 season if they wanted.

Yes we all want to play this season bc of the potential for how good it can be, but hopes and wishes won't keep the season going and wipe the virus out. This is a huge possibility.
Yea but we'll have 7 true freshman receivers, 8 safeties, 6 DE's hope they all stick. Then all of Bama would come back and they would be insane loaded

Advertisement
Back