Potential staff

A1cane

Junior
Let’s say Mario becomes coach like many have been clamoring for who do u think/want the staff to be it’s pretty much a given Alex Miraball will come with him to be o line coach. Would you guys keep any current coaches on staff and who if so

Advertisement
Let’s say Mario becomes coach like many have been clamoring for who do u think/want the staff to be it’s pretty much a given Alex Miraball will come with him to be o line coach. Would you guys keep any current coaches on staff and who if so
No.

About 20 years ago I sat in a meeting with a Fortune 500 CEO. In that meeting, the CEO said one thing that has always stuck with me "I don't look for survivors in a train wreck." We are witnessing a train wreck.

It's up to the new coach but I'd hope they keep T-Rob. I'd want them to keep Patke and Lashlee for a day, just so they could fire them again though.

Advertisement
No.

About 20 years ago I sat in a meeting with a Fortune 500 CEO. In that meeting, the CEO said one thing that has always stuck with me "I don't look for survivors in a train wreck." We are witnessing a train wreck.
That’s a good one

Whoever the next corch is, they're going to need to be a recruiting messiah and find some trench bullies in the portal. OL is a glaring weakness and any potential coach is going to have to address that immediately.

We've failed miserably at evals, recruiting and development dating back to Searles. What underclassmen do we have coming to the rescue? Rivers is out for the season, who knows if Walker will ever play...we need serviceable bodies at worst but ideally an influx of experienced talent that can play immediately.

It's up to the new coach but I'd hope they keep T-Rob. I'd want them to keep Patke and Lashlee for a day, just so they could fire them again though.
Lmaooo ruthless ya I was thinking maybe 2 of Trob,dvd,fields

Advertisement
The secondary is a hot mess. Trob needs to go as well.
Agreed. The only thing that makes me pause on it is the db class. BUT..the stench from this Mandy regime is far too permeated into this program to make me feel good keeping anyone around.

Obv not a knock in trob himself tho, its not his fault that Diaz routinely puts square pegs into round holes by hiring a predominantly press coverage coach and scheming up soft zones to exploit every single snap

Advertisement
I’d keep DVD on staff in some form. I’d say TRob but I know him and Mario have a past

The one thing that is keeping me from offing myself is the belief that it can all be turned around overnight in college football. That includes recruiting.
If we get the right guy in here that actually develops these talented kids, i think we will see an immediate difference.

Advertisement
My knock back in the day with Mario was that he wasn't an Xs and Os guy. He was a glorified crooter and a decent OLC, that's it. But, I do give him credit for hiring decent coaches around him, even going back to FIU where Geoff Collins and Satterfield were his coordinators. The thing about Mario is that he HAS to hire good coordinators because he's not the schemer. Can you put the program in a good trajectory? Does he have vision? Is he innovative? Is he flexible in his thinking? etc.

My knock back in the day with Mario was that he wasn't an Xs and Os guy. He was a glorified crooter and a decent OLC, that's it. But, I do give him credit for hiring decent coaches around him, even going back to FIU where Geoff Collins and Satterfield were his coordinators. The thing about Mario is that he HAS to hire good coordinators because he's not the schemer. Can you put the program in a good trajectory? Does he have vision? Is he innovative? Is he flexible in his thinking? etc.
The head coach job is not to be schemer. His job is to hire the best schemers. He hired two coordinator at FIU that would have been our best coordinator since Butch Davis days. That only should tell you how bad our program had been. Mario coaching tree is better than our last 4 HC combined.

Advertisement
Back