Potential Secondary Coaches?

frankthetank14

Redshirt Freshman
With Banda leaving, Rumph on the hot seat and DVD heading out as well, we should start looking at coaches that can coach the ENTiRE secondary like Corey Raymond and TRob (both aren’t coming).

Some names I think Manny should look at and fill the recruiting hole that Banda and DVD leave are:

Fran Brown - Rutgers. He’s been linked to Manny and Miami when Manny was hired from Temple. Seems like a good recruiter and defensive mind that has helped his defenses.

Terrell Buckley - Ole Miss. FSU guy from Miami but is a strong recruiter and knows the landscape.

Travis Fisher- Nebraska. Seems like the guy their that keeps pulling the Florida talent for it all to leave. Like to see what he can do with a Miami polo on on the trail.

Corey Bell - UCF. Good developer of Safeties and from Miami. Worked in the recruiting department here years ago.

Miss me with Nick Monroe. Yea he brought in the safety from Palmetto a couple years back but I see that as a lazy hire. Same with Pat Surtain Sr.

Advertisement
With Banda leaving, Rumph on the hot seat and DVD heading out as well, we should start looking at coaches that can coach the ENTiRE secondary like Corey Raymond and TRob (both aren’t coming).

Some names I think Manny should look at and fill the recruiting hole that Banda and DVD leave are:

Fran Brown - Rutgers. He’s been linked to Manny and Miami when Manny was hired from Temple. Seems like a good recruiter and defensive mind that has helped his defenses.

Terrell Buckley - Ole Miss. FSU guy from Miami but is a strong recruiter and knows the landscape.

Travis Fisher- Nebraska. Seems like the guy their that keeps pulling the Florida talent for it all to leave. Like to see what he can do with a Miami polo on on the trail.

Corey Bell - UCF. Good developer of Safeties and from Miami. Worked in the recruiting department here years ago.

Miss me with Nick Monroe. Yea he brought in the safety from Palmetto a couple years back but I see that as a lazy hire. Same with Pat Surtain Sr.
With Banda leaving, Rumph on the hot seat and DVD heading out as well, we should start looking at coaches that can coach the ENTiRE secondary like ..........🌴{Corey Raymond and TRob }. 🌴👀(both aren’t coming).👀👀👀👀👀DONT know about this here , it’s possible....

Advertisement

Keynodo Hudson: Illinois
Coached for Kiffin at FAU, Lovie Smith at Illinois. Lots of ties to central Florida, from Daytona to Tampa.

Buckley is not from Miami. He's from Pascagoula, MS.

I would have no issue with Surtain getting the position. Played in the NFL which would help with recruiting. Coaches up players who are going to the league. And he knows the fundamentals and can teach them. He can develop guys. Plus he knows South Florida.

I would have no issue with Surtain getting the position. Played in the NFL which would help with recruiting. Coaches up players who are going to the league. And he knows the fundamentals and can teach them. He can develop guys. Plus he knows South Florida.

I dont know how this fanbase would feel hiring another high school coach straight to CB coach

Advertisement

Lol after the failed experiment of Rumph who everyone said the same thing about him and not landing his own son I’m not in the mood to give Surtain his first job

Advertisement
Brad Lambert should now be at the top of the list since Holliday won’t return to Marshall.

Yep even though Marshall lost bowl game they held Buffalo to 155 yards rushing and Buffalo is a heavy rushing team... they didn't have Patterson but the kid Marks is just as good

Advertisement
So yall really finna do this to yall selves... Manny ain't splash hiring nothing lmao... he's been fine with the results this long.. thankfully this will be his last season after Bama the wheels falls off😭😭

No one is saying its gonna happen or not but we are on a MESSAGE BOARD discussing candidates we like IF it does happen.

I mean this is what @JD08 has been alluding to about the constant pessimism and complaining. We get it and we all want to see changes made.

Will it happen? I hope so... if it doesn't then Mannys got next season to fix it and thats it IMO.

Lol after the failed experiment of Rumph who everyone said the same thing about him and not landing his own son I’m not in the mood to give Surtain his first job

he's not my first choice but if we can't get one of the top guys like T-Rob ( or the db coach at SU) then he may be our best option.

I dont know how this fanbase would feel hiring another high school coach straight to CB coach

I get that but unless the administration gives Manny more money to get an established, top DB coach we're stuck. We need the new hire to be a top recruiter that can develop guys. He also has to know SoFla.

I expect Manny to be having staff budget conversations with Blake James. To get to the next level we need to pay for top coaches.

Advertisement
Back