Potential Portal...

Advertisement
Just thinking about Florida and specifically South Florida kids coming back home via the portal. Now I have no knowledge of anyone of these kids entering the portal, but just thinking about coaching changes, playing time, and maybe wishful thinking etc...

Here are some names I thought of:

CB-Jason Marshall-UF
OL-Marlon Martinez-LSU
OL-Marcus Dumervil-LSU
WR-Frank Ladson-Clemson
RB-Kenny McIntosh-UGA
OL-Marcus Tate-Clemson
DT-Braylan Ingraham-Alabama
LB-Derek Wingo-UF
DE-Kris Bogle-UF
LB-Jaydon Hood-Michigan
DE-Donnell Harris-Texas A&M
LB-Ruben Hypolite-Maryland
DT-Darrell Jackson-Maryland
DE-Tyreak Sapp-Florida
WR-Jacorey Brooks-Alabama
TE-Michael Trigg-Southern Cal
DE-Dallas Turner-Alabama
WR-Marcus Rosemy-UGA

Anyone else we can think of?
Now Turner and Tate are starting so highly doubtful but man those are 2 huge misses.
Turner and Tate weren't misses we just can't pay kids and their families with no fear of ncaa repercussions like those schools can.

If you’ve actually watched Hyppolite play anyone with eyes could see he’s 100x better than Flagg.

Tackle stats can be misleading if one team’s Defense is on the field for more drives than others.
I've watched several Maryland games and he's a JAG just like Flagg. 100x better is a laughable assessment.

Advertisement
I’d easily take any of those OL if they hit the portal, same for LB.

Just thinking about Florida and specifically South Florida kids coming back home via the portal. Now I have no knowledge of anyone of these kids entering the portal, but just thinking about coaching changes, playing time, and maybe wishful thinking etc...

Here are some names I thought of:

CB-Jason Marshall-UF
OL-Marlon Martinez-LSU
OL-Marcus Dumervil-LSU
WR-Frank Ladson-Clemson
RB-Kenny McIntosh-UGA
OL-Marcus Tate-Clemson
DT-Braylan Ingraham-Alabama
LB-Derek Wingo-UF
DE-Kris Bogle-UF
LB-Jaydon Hood-Michigan
DE-Donnell Harris-Texas A&M
LB-Ruben Hypolite-Maryland
DT-Darrell Jackson-Maryland
DE-Tyreak Sapp-Florida
WR-Jacorey Brooks-Alabama
TE-Michael Trigg-Southern Cal
DE-Dallas Turner-Alabama
WR-Marcus Rosemy-UGA

Anyone else we can think of?
Now Turner and Tate are starting so highly doubtful but man those are 2 huge misses.
we got a few off this list!

Maybe another 1?

Advertisement
How was Dallas Turner ever on that list?
"Just thinking about Florida and specifically South Florida kids coming back home via the portal. Now I have no knowledge of anyone of these kids entering the portal, but just thinking about coaching changes, playing time, and maybe wishful thinking etc..."

Peep the wishful thinking part ha

-Also at the time of the post Turner wasn't playing as much had 19 tackles/3 TFL/2 sacks.

He ended the season playing more with the Drew Sanders injury.

Finished season on a roll with a total of:

30 tackles/10 TFL/8.5 sacks/1 FR

Also I would take obviously Turner, Tate, Brooks, Hypolite, Sapp, Marshall, Dumervil.

At this point is looks like we roll with what we have ... until Coleman perhaps joins after getting some credits needed to be able to transfer. Was REALLY hoping for a legit proven WR so TVD had somebody to work with to replace Rambo's production and confidence level.

Advertisement
At this point is looks like we roll with what we have ... until Coleman perhaps joins after getting some credits needed to be able to transfer. Was REALLY hoping for a legit proven WR so TVD had somebody to work with to replace Rambo's production and confidence level.
Yea that's what I'm thinking too now that we roll with who we have

I think we are fine at WR. We have talent there and Brinson was not able to practice in spring. I think the TEs and X exploiting the middle of the field will give them space on the outside

Advertisement
It’s not hope, it’s more just what can you really say? The kids who we have eyes on are not officially in the portal yet and until they are, it’s just not something you can openly say ‘yup, here are the guys we are getting’ because it’s not a sure thing so for now, as both Cribby and I have alluded to, there are possibilities and kids take a day or so sometimes to show up in the portal after they inform their schools. They get petty, drag their feet… The less forewarning they have, the better.

It’s not hope, it’s more just what can you really say? The kids who we have eyes on are not officially in the portal yet and until they are, it’s just not something you can openly say ‘yup, here are the guys we are getting’ because it’s not a sure thing so for now, as both Cribby and I have alluded to, there are possibilities and kids take a day or so sometimes to show up in the portal after they inform their schools. They get petty, drag their feet… The less forewarning they have, the better.
Soooo we may be adding more then 1 player?

Advertisement
Back