Potential Portal...

gacaneaddict

Junior
Just thinking about Florida and specifically South Florida kids coming back home via the portal. Now I have no knowledge of anyone of these kids entering the portal, but just thinking about coaching changes, playing time, and maybe wishful thinking etc...

Here are some names I thought of:

CB-Jason Marshall-UF
OL-Marlon Martinez-LSU
OL-Marcus Dumervil-LSU
WR-Frank Ladson-Clemson
RB-Kenny McIntosh-UGA
OL-Marcus Tate-Clemson
DT-Braylan Ingraham-Alabama
LB-Derek Wingo-UF
DE-Kris Bogle-UF
LB-Jaydon Hood-Michigan
DE-Donnell Harris-Texas A&M
LB-Ruben Hypolite-Maryland
DT-Darrell Jackson-Maryland
DE-Tyreak Sapp-Florida
WR-Jacorey Brooks-Alabama
TE-Michael Trigg-Southern Cal
DE-Dallas Turner-Alabama
WR-Marcus Rosemy-UGA

Anyone else we can think of?
Now Turner and Tate are starting so highly doubtful but man those are 2 huge misses.

Advertisement
Just thinking about Florida and specifically South Florida kids coming back home via the portal. Now I have no knowledge of anyone of these kids entering the portal, but just thinking about coaching changes, playing time, and maybe wishful thinking etc...

CB-Jason Marshall-UF
OL-Marlon Martinez-LSU
OL-Marcus Dumervil-LSU
WR-Frank Ladson-Clemson
RB-Kenny McIntosh-UGA
OL-Marcus Tate-Clemson
LB-Derek Wingo-UF
DE-Kris Bogle-UF
LB-Jaydon Hood-Michigan
DE-Tyreak Sapp-Florida
DE-Dallas Turner-Alabama
WR-Marcus Rosemy-UGA

Now Turner and Tate are starting so highly doubtful but man those are 2 huge misses.
Good topic.
This is a thread worth updating as stuff occurs, instead of having 789086 threads on same topic.

Out of that list, the only ones I would take is Ruben Hyppolite & Michael Trigg.

Hyppolite is playing well up in Maryland & is basically a starter for them, he’d have no reason to leave unless he just wanted to come back home, but he 1,000% could’ve been a Hurricane if we weren’t stupid & have such God awful LB recruiting. That’s our loss, because me & @gogeta4 told yall throughout his whole recruitment that boy was a take & would kill it here, you can’t teach his sideline to sideline speed & he already had a college level body in High school.

Michael Trigg is a TE I was high on 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2021-te-michael-trigg-receives-offer.156278/

My comparison for him was NJoku coming out of HS, he has really good upside & at his size with his athleticism would be a good 1/2 punch with Arroyo for the future.

Jason Marshall is in line to take over for Kaiir Elam after he goes to the draft this year, so even if Mullen gets fired I don’t see him leaving UF. He’s cut from the same cloth as CJ Henderson & the rest of the South FL Corners that have chose Gainesville over Coral Gables, they hate Miami & would rather play anywhere else, so fck them.

The rest of the guys on that list are a bunch of busts, with exception of the OL’s & Tyreek Sapp (because they haven’t really played yet), but the most of those guys are just hyped up kids who haven’t done jack sh*t yet in college.

Yes, still early in many of their careers, but tbh I don’t think many of them will be much more than rotational guys, I don’t see any premier all conference players in that group, despite all their HS recruiting rankings.

Advertisement
Out of that list, the only ones I would take is Ruben Hyppolite & Michael Trigg.

Hyppolite is playing well up in Maryland & is basically a starter for them, he’d have no reason to leave unless he just wanted to come back home, but he 1,000% could’ve been a Hurricane if we weren’t stupid & have such God awful LB recruiting. That’s our loss, because me & @gogeta4 told yall throughout his whole recruitment that boy was a take & would kill it here, you can’t teach his sideline to sideline speed & he already had a college level body in High school.

Michael Trigg is a TE I was high on 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2021-te-michael-trigg-receives-offer.156278/

My comparison for him was NJoku coming out of HS, he has really good upside & at his size with his athleticism would be a good 1/2 punch with Arroyo for the future.

Jason Marshall is in line to take over for Kaiir Elam after he goes to the draft this year, so even if Mullen gets fired I don’t see him leaving UF. He’s cut from the same cloth as CJ Henderson & the rest of the South FL Corners that have chose Gainesville over Coral Gables, they hate Miami & would rather play anywhere else, so fck them.

The rest of the guys on that list are a bunch of busts, with exception of the OL’s & Tyreek Sapp (because they haven’t really played yet), but the most of those guys are just hyped up kids who haven’t done jack sh*t yet in college.

Yes, still early in many of their careers, but tbh I don’t think many of them will be much more than rotational guys, I don’t see any premier all conference players in that group, despite all their HS recruiting rankings.

A bit fascinating the rest are busts no? If they came to UM, everyone would be screaming how Miami/Manny cant develop talent...They go elsewhere and suck regardless under programs w/ proven development.

Add hypolite to the laundry list of F ups by manny and his abysmal Lb recruiting. @gogeta4 .

Advertisement

CB-Jason Marshall-UF
OL-Marlon Martinez-LSU
OL-Marcus Dumervil-LSU
WR-Frank Ladson-Clemson
RB-Kenny McIntosh-UGA
OL-Marcus Tate-Clemson
LB-Derek Wingo-UF
DE-Kris Bogle-UF
LB-Jaydon Hood-Michigan
DE-Tyreak Sapp-Florida
DE-Dallas Turner-Alabama
WR-Marcus Rosemy-UGA

Rosemy isn’t going anywhere. He hurts and was a big part of their O before injury. Only guy that improves this team on that entire list is Frank Lasdon and that’s if he healthy.

Advertisement
Lmao bro, y'all gonna have to let go of JMarshall at some point. Let me be clear when I say this.... Dude was NEVER going to SIGN here. Dude has true dislike for the Canes. Y'all really think a ruined surprised is why he went to uf? Dude was playing around with us, never serious.

Advertisement
Flagg has 40 tackles this year plus two sacks and an INT
Hyppolite has 34 tackles this year with 0 sacks and 0 INTs

Neither of these guys are anything special.
They have the same amount of solo tackles.

Neither are special right now.....but being asked to do the same things ..1 is definately better. Also dont have to say what is behind ont he roster of Flagg...for god sakes Ragone is a Dude that HAS to see minutes.

Flagg has 40 tackles this year plus two sacks and an INT
Hyppolite has 34 tackles this year with 0 sacks and 0 INTs

Neither of these guys are anything special.
If you’ve actually watched Hyppolite play anyone with eyes could see he’s 100x better than Flagg.

Tackle stats can be misleading if one team’s Defense is on the field for more drives than others.

Advertisement
Back