Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

Shocked Saturday Night Live GIF
IMG_3191.gif

Advertisement
I just don’t want to waste a spot on a guy and we’re in win now mode.

Understood, you’re entitled to your opinion obviously. Listen, I’m not saying buddy is going to be Mike Hilton, but I think he elevates us and is our best nickel option easily. We need Porter outside, and again, allows Powell to move to FS. It’s a no brainer, JMO.

Understood, you’re entitled to your opinion obviously. Listen, I’m not saying buddy is going to be Mike Hilton, but I think he elevates us and is our best nickel option easily. We need Porter outside, and again, allows Powell to move to FS. It’s a no brainer, JMO.
I’d rather take brooks tbh and try to fix him and put Porter in the slot

He nice wit it..

wait wtf?. No one told me lol

Coached D LO and his brother in high school and use to play pick up basketball games with his dad when i was in high school n college when i came home.

Was the first to bring him to the board back in 2020.

Advertisement
wait wtf?. No one told me lol

Coached D LO and his brother in high school and use to play pick up basketball games with his dad when i was in high school n college when i came home.

Was the first to bring him to the board back in 2020.

You always have the scoop on local recruits. Thank you sir!

Ponds is a nickel CB, right? If we get him, do you think we have enough talent at the boundaries to say we’re done at CB?
Disclaimer: I never feel like we're done at CB because I'm greedy & much like Mario is with OL's, I want an entire team full of Corners...

But with this said, to answer your question, yes.

Advertisement
You haven't watched a single snap of D'Angelo have you?
I have he’s small and I don’t enjoy getting bullied in the run game or being taken advantage of with smart route runners shielding off a small corner for 7 yards a catch but he’s sticky but it’s against future arena football players

Advertisement
If you say so, lol.

When Richards goes from “having a breakout spring” to having splinters in his *** from backing up Porter/Hill come fall, we’ll know why lol.

And I was all for signing him a year ago, but I was wrong about him playing CB. Mans is a S all day, and that’s okay.
I mean I didn’t sign him that’s on Mario and addae if he’s cheeks it was good big corners we could’ve went after with more fluidity

Advertisement
I have he’s small and I don’t enjoy getting bullied in the run game or being taken advantage of with smart route runners shielding off a small corner for 7 yards a catch but he’s sticky but it’s against future arena football players
8otreg.gif

Against a 6'0 200lbs WR...

The reason why I asked if you've actually watched Ponds is because the opinion you have of him simply doesn't align with his actual play style & ability, it's quite literally the exact opposite. Tackling is one of his strong suits as a Corner & he's not really that small.

So again, I doubt you've actually watched him play at all, but if you have, maybe you just don't know what you're watching.

But his height is not an issue; 4 of the top 10 leaders in Passes Defensed for all of CFB were 5'10 or shorter. Actually I'll do you one better, I'm gonna go out on a limb & assume you know who Jaire Alexander, Asante Samuel Jr & Darious Williams are right? How tall do you think they are?

Obviously yes, you would prefer ideal height for a CB, but simply because a Corner isn't 6'0 doesn't automatically mean they can't cover & aren't good. I could run you down a very very very long list of CB's who are 6'0+ & couldn't cover a traffic cone.

Your argument would be more valid if he was 5'6, but he's not & if you've actually watched him play you would be able to tell that he has long arms for his frame, so him being 5'9 doesn't preclude him from covering outside WR's. In fact, he was an Outside Corner from JMU, we'd only be bringing him in to play Nickel for us, but his position is Field side.

View attachment 288583
Against a 6'0 200lbs WR...

The reason why I asked if you've actually watched Ponds is because the opinion you have of him simply doesn't align with his actual play style & ability, it's quite literally the exact opposite. Tackling is one of his strong suits as a Corner & he's not really that small.

So again, I doubt you've actually watched him play at all, but if you have, maybe you just don't know what you're watching.

But his height is not an issue; 4 of the top 10 leaders in Passes Defensed for all of CFB were 5'10 or shorter. Actually I'll do you one better, I'm gonna go out on a limb & assume you know who Jaire Alexander, Asante Samuel Jr & Darious Williams are right? How tall do you think they are?

Obviously yes, you would prefer ideal height for a CB, but simply because a Corner isn't 6'0 doesn't automatically mean they can't cover & aren't good. I could run you down a very very very long list of CB's who are 6'0+ & couldn't cover a traffic cone.

Your argument would be more valid if he was 5'6, but he's not & if you've actually watched him play you would be able to tell that he has long arms for his frame, so him being 5'9 doesn't preclude him from covering outside WR's. In fact, he was an Outside Corner from JMU, we'd only be bringing him in to play Nickel for us, but his position is Field side.
Your opinion is valued so I’m going to ask since you brought up jaire is that what your seeing from his tape or Asante who I loved coming out of high school but was picked on by Clemsons big receivers darious was good in jax but I wanted them to get a bigger guy like Mitchell this year to put him in the slot

Maybe your mistaking me I don’t feel as if 5’9 guys can’t play I feel like we need outside corners not nickles we already have Porter who’s 5’9 and little Mack coming in who’s sticky so why go get another short corner when we need bigger outside defenders to play the field and boundary

I watched his tape I’m not overly impressed and I follow corner play closely I don’t respect the competition very much tbh they didn’t play anybody who’s elite I only care to see these guys from low levels against the brand name schools to gauge if they can make that jump but I know that’s not everyone’s opinion on how to do it but that’s my gauge for their abilities not app state I would rather take a flyer on Terrence brooks from Texas or even cormani. I know I know that’s blasphemy but I think corners a spot where you need a true 1 and then the rest of the guys can fall in place.

Tyrique is better then all the corners we had last year our system wasn’t something that was good for the overall defense but I’ll take him over all of them
He got drafted the best yet the ones last year performed better than him and Ivey. Blame whomever u want. Just facts.

Advertisement
Back