Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

Mah he was good and I would take him rn on this team. Size isn’t the end all be all. Acting like we have 3 lock up CBs at this moment lol
IMG_6005.jpeg

Advertisement
If you say so, lol.

When Richards goes from “having a breakout spring” to having splinters in his *** from backing up Porter/Hill come fall, we’ll know why lol.

And I was all for signing him a year ago, but I was wrong about him playing CB. Mans is a S all day, and that’s okay.

No splinters. He's too smart for that.

All he has to do is sit on his hands and let those red oven mitts protect his *** from the splinters.

1) I wasn't comparing him to Jaire or Asante Jr, my point was there are a lot of corners below 6' ft who have done well & are among the best in both College & the pro's.

2) DP JR is 5'10, but whatever; did you miss when we just brought in Dyoni Hill who's a 6'0 Boundary Corner from Marshall???

3) You don't respect the competition, well they play in the Sun Belt & have nearly the same schedule as Marshall & we just took a CB from Marshall, so I take you don't respect his competition either? What about Quinyon Mitchell, he played his entire career in the MAC, you respect his competition?

4) So you'd rather take Cormani McClain over Ponds just because he's tall???????????????? What exactly has Cormani done that makes him a better CB than Ponds??? One of'em was a TF All-American & the other has been publicly lamented by his Coach because he lacks work ethic, doesn't show up to team meetings & film study & never went to class.

Look, at the end of the day, everyone’s entitles to their own opinion, so I'm not even about to try to convince you otherwise, I just think your view of this potential add is extremely narrow & you're not really paying attention to the actual ability & simply looking at nametags & jersey colors.
I wasn’t a huge fan of the hill take but I know that’s coaches former player but they couldn’t bring in Micah Abram’s but I digress

The Mac is better then the sun belt and way more of a historical low level football conference who’s produced historic nfl players you know that and he played Ohio state so yes I like the comp better and he had to prove himself against guys at the senior bowl.

Listen you understand corner play from an expert level so you know cormani is childish but talented deions running a reality show over there man that kid needs structure but that’s debatable let’s keep it on field i personally feel like he would look better and play better with a more aggressive defensive front seven who can get pressure on the qb and give him more freedom to be more aggressive in press man he needs to be able to put his hands on guys and play bump and run and even in zone you need an actual rush to affect route timing and errant throws

I didn’t say the man couldn’t play I said he’s small and we already have small corners we need big athletic corners to help against true #1 receivers and if I remember correctly my guy you hated Jaden Davis who was small but fiesty.

Mah he was good and I would take him rn on this team. Size isn’t the end all be all. Acting like we have 3 lock up CBs at this moment lol
Brown and porter for the most part are good imo Richards can improve but we just got the hill kid so that’s more comp we’ll see how it shakes out

I wasn’t a huge fan of the hill take but I know that’s coaches former player but they couldn’t bring in Micah Abram’s but I digress

The Mac is better then the sun belt and way more of a historical low level football conference who’s produced historic nfl players you know that and he played Ohio state so yes I like the comp better and he had to prove himself against guys at the senior bowl.

Listen you understand corner play from an expert level so you know cormani is childish but talented deions running a reality show over there man that kid needs structure but that’s debatable let’s keep it on field i personally feel like he would look better and play better with a more aggressive defensive front seven who can get pressure on the qb and give him more freedom to be more aggressive in press man he needs to be able to put his hands on guys and play bump and run and even in zone you need an actual rush to affect route timing and errant throws

I didn’t say the man couldn’t play I said he’s small and we already have small corners we need big athletic corners to help against true #1 receivers and if I remember correctly my guy you hated Jaden Davis who was small but fiesty.
But Davis was slow. Ponds is fast.

Advertisement

I didn't hate Jaden Davis, I just called his play what it was.

Jaden is small & slow; D'Angelo is small & fast, they're not the same style Corners. D'Angelo TF season sh*ts on the entire 5 years of college that Jaden had, because he's simply better.

Advertisement

Where are all these small cbs on the roster? Porter is the smallest cb at 5’10. Stafford is 5’11. Every other cb is 6’0+

I didn't hate Jaden Davis, I just called his play what it was.

Jaden is small & slow; D'Angelo is small & fast, they're not the same style Corners. D'Angelo TF season sh*ts on the entire 5 years of college that Jaden had, because he's simply better.
Thats crazy but could be true I think Davis had an interesting year last year nothing special but something to get him drafted is ponds the zay flowers of corners if you say that I’ll get it a small guy with elite football ability but if he’s just Jaden Davis I’ll pass

Advertisement
Thats crazy but could be true I think Davis had an interesting year last year nothing special but something to get him drafted is ponds the zay flowers of corners if you say that I’ll get it a small guy with elite football ability but if he’s just Jaden Davis I’ll pass
Jaden was a 7th rounder, do you know what 7th round draft value is?

Davis's season wasn't interesting, it was bad, except for 1 game, the rest just wasn't good.

Brown and porter for the most part are good imo Richards can improve but we just got the hill kid so that’s more comp we’ll see how it shakes out
I like what we have but why not grab a freshman all America from a local school. That is if he would want to come here who knows what the kid wants. If it’s anything like the past he will hold it against us that we didn’t offer him when he was 5’8 140 lol

Advertisement
1) I wasn't comparing him to Jaire or Asante Jr, my point was there are a lot of corners below 6' ft who have done well & are among the best in both College & the pro's.

2) DP JR is 5'10, but whatever; did you miss when we just brought in Dyoni Hill who's a 6'0 Boundary Corner from Marshall???

3) You don't respect the competition, well they play in the Sun Belt & have nearly the same schedule as Marshall & we just took a CB from Marshall, so I take you don't respect his competition either? What about Quinyon Mitchell, he played his entire career in the MAC, you respect his competition?

4) So you'd rather take Cormani McClain over Ponds just because he's tall???????????????? What exactly has Cormani done that makes him a better CB than Ponds??? One of'em was a TF All-American & the other has been publicly lamented by his Coach because he lacks work ethic, doesn't show up to team meetings & film study & never went to class.

Look, at the end of the day, everyone’s entitles to their own opinion, so I'm not even about to try to convince you otherwise, I just think your view of this potential add is extremely narrow & you're not really paying attention to the actual ability & simply looking at nametags & jersey colors.
Pro football Hall of Famer corner back Darrell Green was only 5 ft 9 in and 184 lbs as a pro. One of the best to ever play the game. 7 time all pro.

Jaden was a 7th rounder, do you know what 7th round draft value is?

Davis's season wasn't interesting, it was bad, except for 1 game, the rest just wasn't good.
lol so you think the man got drafted to be a practice dummy special teams player sounds like

Advertisement
Back