Potential OC prospect: Jeff Lebby (UCF)

Could pull Lebby as a position coach with a guy like Applewhite for example. No reason we can’t out pay UCF for him in a lateral position move.

He was rumored to move to FSU with Kendal Briles but stayed at UCF because Huepel I think? So don’t think he’s particularly looking for a lateral move, or at least that report made it seem that way.

Advertisement
Could pull Lebby as a position coach with a guy like Applewhite for example. No reason we can’t out pay UCF for him in a lateral position move.
Yeah. That would be an incredible move. I’d love to run UCF’s offense here. Like Simmons said, we could run that same offense with infinitely better talent.

Yeah. That would be an incredible move. I’d love to run UCF’s offense here. Like Simmons said, we could run that same offense with infinitely better talent.

You listen to the podcast? Simmons was fired up about Miami moving away from Pro Style lol

Would be a great hire. Not sure he’d leave a great situation at OU.

Makes $625, probably need to add $250K or more it that.

One of the mods mentioned that Miami has up to 2 million for an OC. I'm 95% sure Bedenbaugh would leave for 1 million and a chance to call plays. That leaves 1 mil for hiring a stud QB coach/recruiter.

Advertisement

The guys are out there to run it if you get them to collaborate while FSU is holding their ****s. Lebby and Randy Clements are the other 2 guys that ran it with Kendal and Art.

One of the mods mentioned that Miami has up to 2 million for an OC. I'm 95% sure Bedenbaugh would leave for 1 million and a chance to call plays. That leaves 1 mil for hiring a stud QB coach/recruiter.

I would love to see that!

Advertisement
He was rumored to move to FSU with Kendal Briles but stayed at UCF because Huepel I think? So don’t think he’s particularly looking for a lateral move, or at least that report made it seem that way.
Lebby gave an interview where he said that Heupel was basically the only div 1 coach to call him about a job after the Baylor scandal. He’s very loyal to Heupel

All good. I’m not blown away either.

My odds are on Clemson’s Jeff Scott. Waiting to announce after the NC game.
Agree, do you think the radio silence from admin and coaches this weekend is bc the OC candidate is one one of those two teams playing tomorrow p.m.🤔

Advertisement
The guys are out there to run it if you get them to collaborate while FSU is holding their ****s. Lebby and Randy Clements are the other 2 guys that ran it with Kendal and Art.
This is part of my problem with UM. It is so fcking clear that the Briles offense would destroy people here. But we wait and wait and are always seemingly behind. We’ll get a spread guy, but it’ll be the Texas spread from 2013.

And we just happen to have 3 QBs who could run it if coached up. All the dopey UM fans hate our QBs, but they’re clueless that Briles and his disciples have killed it with WRs playing QB.

I remember watching Art Briles gut Gene Chizik to the tune of about 600 yards in a bowl game with his 4th QB who was a WR a couple weeks prior. Chizik is a good DC too, and that was the same UNC team we couldn’t move the ball on at all that year.

This OC hire is going to make or break Diaz.

He's a ballsy man if he risks handing the reigns to someone that's not done it before.

We just did it with Manny, so we clearly don't care about experience. We could go for the most inexperienced staff in Division 1, we could be the best at something. Most people pay up for experience, we flipped that script, we pay up for inexperience! Trend-setting in college football once again, compliments of our Board of Trustees and wise old AD!

Advertisement
Suppose Miami hired a guy without playcalling experience. Is your fear that he is going to call for a punt on 2nd down? I don't understand this obsession with playcalling experience.

We just had one of the most experienced and "successful" OCs in football (2 national championships, Heisman candidates) and he was awful since he ran an archaic system. I wouldn't take a chance on a fake OC in title only like Thomas Brown, but a guy like Bedenbaugh who actually designed the offense (I think the Clemson guy did too) is worth the risk, especially as he is very well known and would get recruits fired up.
Yeah. Need to get fired-up. Coach Mork doesn't look like he could fire up anybody. (And N'kosi with his slow clap put me to sleep.)

Advertisement
Back