Potential grad transfer Delaney to visit next weekend

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_2946.jpg

With Miami eyeing the grad transfer market for the second straight season at defensive back, CanesInSight has learned that the Canes will have a visitor on campus next weekend.

Dee Delaney, a grad transfer out of The Citadel and an FCS All-American, is visiting Miami next weekend. Delaney received a draftable grade after this season, but was advised that he could improve his stock by transferring to a bigger program for his final year of eligibility. Delaney was a 2013 graduate of Whale Branch high school and redshirted his first season in college. He would be immediately eligible to play at Miami once he graduates in the coming months. Delaney hopes to be done there in May and enroll at a school over the summer.

Delaney is listed at 6-0, 193-pounds and has recorded 11 interceptions over his last two seasons at The Citadel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pete, any word on what schools are in contention for him and what his interest level is?

Advertisement
I've personally never heard of him, but I trust this staff! Also, 11 interceptions are 11 interceptions!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dear Lord (if you exist and all signs point that you don't) please make this happen. Looks like Janoris Jenkins.

Now THIS is the news I've been waiting for most. This guy is legit and would be a huge get for our secondary this season. I would love to get Baker too, but I have liked Delaney more ever since the word first got out that he would likely be transferring.

Think (hope) the meeting with Colbert seals the deal.

Advertisement
If we get Delaney along with Dean that's a great grad transfer season. Plus the studs coming in 2018. Man oh man, my body is ready

Advertisement
Funny you bring this up since my dad scouted him. He personally thought there's a lot of untapped potential in this kid.

A good year wherever he goes can solidify him as a mid round pick.

Didn't know who he was but after just watching his highlights, I'm like.................
wfa.gif

Get Colbert on the phone and lock it up. This kid is better than Baker, and probably hungrier (small school to the big lights)

Advertisement
Back