Potential grad transfer Delaney to visit next weekend

View as article
Advertisement
Holy **** I like his tape and those interceptions can't be taught! That's legit beast ball skills andiI like Baker a lot but holy **** this guy has potential

Perfect win win situation...

He raises his draft stock by coming to a highly respected NFL feeder program in the U, while helping us in providing depth & experience to a very young & inexperienced Secondary, and helps us by holding over that spot until the 2018 CB's get here next year.

Kid is a certified Ballhawk & gives us more flexibility in the Secondary to move Redwine to FS if need be, although I still feel Quan will be the starting FS.

Early on, I didn't think we would need him, but I said I still would take him this year for depth...

A Secondary of Malek Young, Dean, Bandy, Delaney, Quan Johnson, Amari Carter, Rome Finley, Redwine, Smith, Ced Wright & Jeff James is pretty **** good in my book. Combined with the LB Corp & one the best DL's in the country... We might be looking at a top 10 ****** Defense fellas!

Advertisement
We need more experience in the backfield this coming year. This sounds like a solid help for us....

Just thinking about this even more... Lol!

You know how much Freedom this could give our Defense adding him... Smh sheesh! I know El Jefe Diaz is salivating to get this kid in.

This kids got good speed, great prototypical size & outstanding natural Ballhawk skills, add that with Dean's Speed & Young's further development, my God bruh!

Press man on the outside, Pinckney coming on a delayed Blitz, Shaq dropping back in Coverage with JJack, Chad, RJ & Kendrick getting after it, smh Woooo!

Man, June needs to hurry up & get here already, need this kid on campus asap.

Advertisement
On every single site he's listed at 6'1 193lbs & this kid had 6INT's last year.

The Citadel went 10-2 & won the Southern Conference last year, so it's not like we're taking a kid from FAMU or something.

If you search on YouTube, they have basically every game of the Citadels season, it's under FCS Football.
That way you can get a grasp of how he plays throughout a whole game & not just highlights.

This kid is pretty **** good, the more I watch of full games, the more impressed I am with him, definitely need to pull out all the stops to get him when he visits.

They beat USCarolina back in 2015 and Delaney showed in that contest.
For example, around the 31 minute of video he covered USCR's Pharoah Cooper during
a blitz.
BTW, the coach for that 2015 Citadel squad moved on to James Madison and won the
national championship this past season. He is one to look out for in the future.

[video=youtube;wM5uYPTTehc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM5uYPTTehc&t=1779s[/video]

Would be a HUGE pickup.

This kid likely goes in the 2nd or 3rd round of the 2018 draft. Could fill in for Corn and we wouldn't miss a beat.

LOL to whoever said they wanted Baker over this guy, you know nothing

Count me in. Only raises the bar at the position and, most importantly, allows us the flexibility of moving one of our current CBs to the scary thin Safety corps.

That Safety position is going to be one to watch this Spring. By the end of Fall practice, it may be the only area of potential vulnerability on what should be a frightening defense.

DE D-Jax
DT Gerald Willis
DT Moten
DE Trent Harris
LB Darrion Owens
LB Mike Smith or Gordinier
LB Gordinier or Steed
CB Delaney or Dean
CB Michael Jackson or Redwine (whichever one stays at CB)
S Redwine or Michael Jackson (whichever one moves to S)
S Carter or Finley
Nickel Bandy or Cedric Wright

That SECOND STRING may be more stout (given the upfield style of play) than some of our starting defenses in the years before Diaz arrived.

Advertisement
Bro we need Adrian baker

So you'd rather pass up a kid who had a draft able grade over Adrain Baker who tore his ACL? Makes no sense.

If it were up to me, I'd take both. I doubt anyone in the country can match our combination of pass rush upfront and lack of bodies at corner. All we have is an unproven juco and an undersized, albeit very talented, true soph who may be better suited to nickelback. You should be able to sell that to both these guys.

Count me in. Only raises the bar at the position and, most importantly, allows us the flexibility of moving one of our current CBs to the scary thin Safety corps.

That Safety position is going to be one to watch this Spring. By the end of Fall practice, it may be the only area of potential vulnerability on what should be a frightening defense.

DE D-Jax
DT Gerald Willis
DT Moten
DE Trent Harris
LB Darrion Owens
LB Gordinier or Steed
CB Delaney or Dean
S Carter or Finley

That SECOND STRING may be more stout (given the upfield style of play) than some of our starting defenses in the years before Diaz arrived.

Where do you project Malek Young? I think we could end up with a top 3 at corner of Delaney, Dean and Young if we get this kid. I don't think Redwine is a starting caliber corner for us...love the idea of Jackson at safety though (if he can hold off James and Carter, both of whom I like a lot).

Advertisement

DE D-Jax
DT Gerald Willis
DT Moten
DE Trent Harris
LB Darrion Owens
LB Gordinier or Steed
CB Delaney or Dean
S Carter or Finley

Where do you project Malek Young? I think we could end up with a top 3 at corner of Delaney, Dean and Young if we get this kid. I don't think Redwine is a starting caliber corner for us...love the idea of Jackson at safety though (if he can hold off James and Carter, both of whom I like a lot).

DE D-Jax
DT Gerald Willis
DT Moten
DE Trent Harris
LB Darrion Owens
LB Gordinier or Steed
CB Delaney or Dean
S Carter or Finley

I project him at Corn's spot. I think he's a starter next year. Having two other legit guys without having to depend on a True Frosh is enormous. Especially a well-built dude like Delaney. Can use Dean's cover skills a number of different ways. If Manny can find another Safety or two he can really trust, he's going to have a ton of fun next year.

Bro we need Adrian baker

So you'd rather pass up a kid who had a draft able grade over Adrain Baker who tore his ACL? Makes no sense.

If it were up to me, I'd take both. I doubt anyone in the country can match our combination of pass rush upfront and lack of bodies at corner. All we have is an unproven juco and an undersized, albeit very talented, true soph who may be better suited to nickelback. You should be able to sell that to both these guys.

I wouldn't mind that but I'd probably would like to find a true safety that we can bring in for depth as well. Not sure Baker would be able to fill that position.

I dont think he has the greatest footwork and might not be the best man coverage guy, but could succeed more in zone looks. However his ball skills and athleticism is obvious. Could end up being a nice pickup in Dime package, as well as special teams.

Advertisement
Back