Potential Fields transfer

He went there to beat out Fromm...Out performed him in camp, looked MUCH better than Fromm when they both played early in the season...and Kirby said...Nah I'm sticking with Fromm.

The only thing true about this is the fact he went to UGA to beat out Fromm. He did not outplay him in camp and he did not look better early season. The kid has hardly played period, so you have zero basis for anything you are saying.

Advertisement
The only thing true about this is the fact he went to UGA to beat out Fromm. He did not outplay him in camp and he did not look better early season. The kid has hardly played period, so you have zero basis for anything you are saying.

Camp comment is based off media observations, since im obviously not there myself. But yes, he did play and looked better in his limited time early this year.

Fields is one of the dumbest kids I've seen in a long time. Should've went to Penn State...he was committed there and it was the perfect offense for him but he blew up from a 3 star to a 5 star in one off season based on 7on7 and it went to his head....dumbass should've never went to UGA.

Advertisement
Camp comment is based off media observations, since im obviously not there myself. But yes, he did play and looked better in his limited time early this year.

Media observations are meaningless, and no, he didn’t look better early this year, and the competition he got burn against was awful.

Advertisement
By all accounts from info on their board, he is having the same freshmen development issues as our guys. Reading defense, running a pro sytem, audibles, etc. Kid has tremendous arm talent but needs the time to develop. He at least gets real practice with the 1s and 2s and has gotten real game experience.

Other than throwing the ball against teams like Austin Peay and U Mass, all Fields has shown so far is that he’s good at picking up yards on the ground. Kirby doesn’t let him throw against real teams, but he is good as a runner.

Unless you put him in to run the ball on a telegraphed fake punt on 4th and 11. He probably wouldn’t have much success running the ball in that kind of situation. Just FYI.

Advertisement
Fields is one of the dumbest kids I've seen in a long time. Should've went to Penn State...he was committed there and it was the perfect offense for him but he blew up from a 3 star to a 5 star in one off season based on 7on7 and it went to his head....dumbass should've never went to UGA.

We all know he wasn't going to turn down the in-state bags but yeah, you're right. He would have been a backup behind McSorley and competed against some nobodies in spring ball. Now - he won't start until his SR year.

Advertisement

Agreed - Fromm's accuracy vs Bama was just unreal -- kids has "sunday skills"......

He went there to beat out Fromm...Out performed him in camp, looked MUCH better than Fromm when they both played early in the season...and Kirby said...Nah I'm sticking with Fromm.

So you were present at fall camp to witness this?

It's a way to degrade the guy who took over for Richt. Anything to bring Smarts accomplishments down so that Richts hire doesn't look like the disaster it is.

Advertisement
Back