Potential depth chart changes moving forward

Advertisement
I'm curious to see how the whole team reacts moving forward from the players all the ways up to the coaches. This gonna say a lot of Diaz moving forward. Is he gonna be dumb as he'll and continue to operate things the same or is he gonna make those little suttle changes needed to be great?

Payton has some maturity issues, nothing serious but he needs to get his head out of his ***. They want him to play.

Every time he gets a target he breaks route off or just runs wrong route. His talent is absurd though, he’s frustrating.
Payton needs to spend some time in Uncle Ed's office, straighten this maturity **** out real quick.

Keep in mind this season doesn't count. So our best bet is to have theses WRs transfers out. I can't imagine seeing another year or 2 of this.

This horrifies me. Harley needs to be given the ol thank you for your service handshake and goodbye. Pope please transfer and just end this journey, FIU is calling your name...Wiggins can stay but deserves half the snaps and needs to be limited to certain routes.

Advertisement
A shake up at receiver has to happen. How many power 5 games can you watch in one weekend and see receivers who fight for the ball and win their one on one battle? I don’t remember the last contested catch we’ve had a receiver make. Those throws by King are snagged and touchdowns with half the receivers I watch on saturdays. Our guys have no chance. It’s time to move away from pope, Harley, Wiggins. We just going to start them next year too? My goodness

Advertisement
Gurvan is another in our long line of players who looks more and more disinterested the longer he's here. His body language is awful. I expected him to grow into an intimidator, but he looks like he'd rather be doing something else.

Not surprised he's disinterested when he's had to split snaps/time with a zero star rsSR Robert Knowles (who sucked) and now SR Amari Carter (who sucks)

This staff literally wastes talent and development by playing Seniority. It's so infuriating..

Advertisement
Dugans and Stubblefield at Miami was criminal malpractice. Poor evaluations, worse development. We are in bad shape today because of them and those at the top that directed talent acquisitions. Everything we are seeing right now should have been evident to everyone the very second the WR2 from SUNY-Buffalo showed up to campus and was so much further ahead and better than everyone we had on the roster. Our attrition at the position shows how incredibly poor we've done here.

Tutu Atwell, Elijah Moore, and Tyquan Thornton were all down the road. We're out here with this slop. Its pretty embarrassing. Tutu, Elijah Moore and Thornton would be tailor made for this offense, too, so it makes it worse to watch the nonsense we've got going on here.

As one of the bigger fans of Keyshawn Smith when he committed to Miami...listen, he should be playing right a lot more, immediately. I'd take my bumps with Michael Redding. What he will be asked to do is tailor made for his abilities...if he's legit, he'll produce. He can't be worse than Wiggins doing the same things. I'd give Restrepo some more burn at WR...not because he's earned it...but all of the young WRs immediately need to play and its clear the staff thinks highly of him since he's starting at PR and ahead of other freshman on the team.

I'm tossing Payton into the Mark Pope bucket until he proves otherwise. At this point, if this dude can't get burn, its on him and he's just not that good.

Likens is a good coach with a long proven track record and Lashlee's offense has produced elite numbers for slot and X WRs with players that are far less "talented". I can not believe coaching/coordinating is the problem with the WR group considering the evidence we've got in front of us. Its the worst group of starting wide outs we've had...maybe ever. Mike Harley, especially...very disappointed in what I've seen from him. Talk about failing to grab the brass ring. Yikes. I'd like to agree with you that this is a pretty easy fix and I'd like to think Likens can easily fix this dilemma and there are some players on our roster worth saving, but its troubling to see very few of the young players emerge.

That may be true, but Amari Carter can't stay on the field, he gets thrown out of every game he plays lol and Gurvan has just been a let down thus far, Idk what his issue is but he just seems to not be dialed in & bringing it on every down.

This has become Groundhog's day where we're forced to play Upperclassmen despite them making countless mistakes but can't put none of the Frosh in because they're not ready yet.

This coaching staff does a very poor job in developing these players. We get a bunch of 4-star players & they're never ready to go until they're Redshirt Juniors, it's ****** ridiculous.
Do you think this would be resolved if we played a more traditional defense? I mean I know Manny won't ever do that but just curious.

Honestly still want Restrepo at PR, you can tell it was just his young self trying to be Superman. You could tell he knew messed up and felt Terrible. Give him another shot I think he will be smarter with the ball from here on. Give him Pitt and see what he does with it
Give him another shot, Pope muffed 2 and we lost both. In the end we still got a touchback with Restrepo's **** up.

Advertisement
I think Lashlee was stuck on trying to hurt Clemson deep to make them pay for the type of defense they were running. He could have had the WRs running stick routes, back shoulder fades and out routes. All routes you don't have to contest 50/50 balls on. Then the WR can run a double move every now and again for a wide open TD because there was no safety help on any WR. There were plenty of ways to beat what Clemson was doing. We just didn't have any of it in our game plan nor adjust to it.
Lashlee called a **** game

At WR, gotta go with Smith & Redding.

At LB, the 4 man rotation should be Brooks, Flagg, Steed & Huff. Jennings can still get reps on short yardage situations, McCloud needs to hit the pine for good, he just doesn't have the football IQ or the lateral movement needed.

At LG, gotta sit Jakai Clark down for Pitt, too many undisciplined penalties, put Traore in there.

At Safety, time to play Balom & Harrell with Bolden, AC5 just can't keep himself in a game & Gurvan is just unfocused.

Overall, Manny & Baker place too high a premium on Seniority & it's going to continue to bite them in the ***, it will be Manny's downfall if he doesn't recognize & correct this issue. Put your best 11 on the field, it doesn't matter if they're a TF or a Red Frosh just find the best 11 & play'em, this steadfast hold of sticking with upperclassmen come **** or high water is only hurting the team & stunting the growth of the younger players with talent.
Seniority on our team means 0 when Flagg plays better than a 5th year senior. You gotta unleash the dogs. I know Smith going up for a 50/50. I felt so bad for Bubba the guy played his heart out and not everyone else did the same. I’m really disappointed in Zach Mccloud

You are right. The return team does have the choice of having the ball placed at the spot of kicking team touching first as long as there’s no penalty on the play. Still doesn’t excuse fielding a rolling punt inside your own 5 yard line though.

Now we are on the same page. Plant your feet at the 10 and don’t backup. Take the fair catch running away from the true spot of the ball to attempt to pull kicking team players away from the location.

I believe he is still allowed to block kicking team players so at worst, In this case, block the player with the best chance of downing the ball. Even this is considered risky as the ball can bounce forward into you or you can get blocked into the ball.

Advertisement
Back