potential defensive lineup

Advertisement
Getting gayot back & having Charles Perry emerge is vital. I'm doubtful on the first case though.

Mcintosh has a chance to make an impact net year as well

Getting gayot back & having Charles Perry emerge is vital. I'm doubtful on the first case though.

You think Charles perry gets passed up by some of the freshman linebackers? They are some of the best recruits we had at the position in a long time

You think Charles perry gets passed up by some of the freshman linebackers? They are some of the best recruits we had at the position in a long time

not sure but I liked perry's tape coming out. He definitely needs to gain some weight though

DE: Thomas / Harris / Patchan
DT: Moten / Willis / McIntosh
DT: Jenkins / Norton / R. Fines
DE: AQM / D. Jackson / J. Jackson (C)
OLB: Owens / Z. McCloud (C) / J. Gordinier / T. McCray
MLB: Young / Quarterman (C) / Pinkney (C) / King
OLB: Grace / Gayot / Perry / M. Smith
CB: Burns / Redwine / M. Jackson / Knowles
S: Johnson / C. Wright (C) / J. Wiggins (C)
S: Carter / Jenkins /
CB: Elder / T. Byrd (C) / D. Jackson (C)/ Mayes

*If Burns leaves we are screwed at DB. Already only have one backup Safety. Without Burns I think Redwine becomes the starter with Elder, and Tyler Byrd sees a crap load of PT as a true frosh. Hopefully Deion Jackson makes it in this class, he's very important too. Don't trust Michael Jackson, Knowles, or Mayes.

Advertisement
A perfect world:

DE Thomas Willis
DT Moten McIntosh
DT Norton Jenkins
DE Muhammad D Jackson
WLB Grace Gayot
MLB Young Quarterman
SLB Owens T Harris
CB Elder M Jackson/T Byrd
SS Carter C Wright
FS J Johnson Jenkins
CB Burns Redwine

Last edited:
There's enough top end players to field a decent defense against the softer teams on the schedule.

Depth will be sorely lacking though.

This slapd!ck left us with terrible CB depth...with his dumb a$$ standards for CB's.

Yep we have no depth at corner and linebacker and we have no lineman for 2016 and he had the nerve to complain about randy

This is why you need to have the hindsight (as a recruiter) to envision what a player can/will be a couple years down the line and not focus on what he is as a Senior in high school.

You don't pass on the best CB in South FLA two years in a row just cause they're only 5'9"-5'10" or 160-170 pounds. You should have enough vision to realize that he can redshirt and in a year or two he'll have adequate size and will still possess the coverage ability he showed in high school. If we recruited Fenton, Dowels or Hoggins we would be comfortable with our CB depth going forward. All three are playing right now and Dowels is already the best CB on his team as a RS Freshman. (and he grew to 5'10" 179lbs)

We could be loaded with playmakers at CB right now but these slapd!cks recruit like they're trying to field an NFL team.

At the very least, they can cover the slot receivers.

Did you know played their base defense more than any team in the P5 last year? The depths that Golden and D would go to with their conservatism is out of this world.

It was like we flat out refused to play nickel and get the OLB's off slot receivers. I held my tongue for the most part, but I simply cannot imagine a coaching staff being worse at coaching defense than the one we trotted out there the past several years.

How we don't have slot corners coming out of our ears in BLEEPING MIAMI is beyond my level of comprehension. Getting rid of the scheme that I have had to stomach and review on film weekly the past several years fills me with indescribable joy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back