S Johnson/Jenkins
S Carter/Knowles

We need to get help in the secondary

Hopefully we can add:

DLine needs more studs
DE Bethel, Burns, Jackson (2)
DT Camp, Logan, Rochester, Thompson, Thomas
(2)

LB - Quarterman, McCloud and Pinckney are beasts. Ready to contribute early.

CB Byrd, Wiggins, Jackson and Young
Possibly try and go all in on Mullen and Hardman

S Wright and Cook or Jeff James

Hopefully Owens progresses from Knee surgery well. I'm sure he will probably sit out Spring, as he might not be 100% yet.

Advertisement
Burns is not coming back. Elder, Redwine and Jackson. Don't think we have anyone else...yikes! We need at least one JUCO DB that can step in and play immediately...

This slapd!ck left us with terrible CB depth...with his dumb a$$ standards for CB's.

Yep we have no depth at corner and linebacker and we have no lineman for 2016 and he had the nerve to complain about randy

This is why you need to have the hindsight (as a recruiter) to envision what a player can/will be a couple years down the line and not focus on what he is as a Senior in high school.

You don't pass on the best CB in South FLA two years in a row just cause they're only 5'9"-5'10" or 160-170 pounds. You should have enough vision to realize that he can redshirt and in a year or two he'll have adequate size and will still possess the coverage ability he showed in high school. If we recruited Fenton, Dowels or Hoggins we would be comfortable with our CB depth going forward. All three are playing right now and Dowels is already the best CB on his team as a RS Freshman. (and he grew to 5'10" 179lbs)

We could be loaded with playmakers at CB right now but these slapd!cks recruit like they're trying to field an NFL team.

Advertisement
I think we've bought some time with Sophmores that would have went pro after next year under golden. Have a savage a$$ defense and we'd line ourselves to be deep at every position in '17

DE- Thomas, J. Jackson or Harris
DT- Norton or Jenkins
DT- Moten or Willis, Mcintosh
DE- AQM, Jackson
OLB- Owens or Mccloud, Perry
MLB- Quarterman or Young, King
OLB- Grace, Gayot or Pinckney
CB- Elder, D.Jackson
CB- Redwine, Byrd
S- Johnson or Jenkins
S- Carter, Knowles

Last edited:
DE Thomas
DT Willis
DT Moten
DE AQM
OLB Owens
MLB Young
OLB Grace
CB Elder
CB Redwine
Safety Jenkins
Safety Carter

**** that possibility looks beastly AF to me!!!

with a better coaching staff, i hope carter improves his coverage skills. that secondary other than elder scares me...but a dope front 7 can help

I just looked at our roster and we have at least 25 guys (white boys mostly, couple black) that I swear I have never even heard of. No joke and I follow this team pretty close. We must trim the fat and make this roster lean man. This roster has absolutely zero depth. It is bad.

Advertisement
First thing Richt needs to do is find 2 cb's who are ready to play day 1. Whether they are already committed or you have to go out and recruit them like ****, you're gonna need at least 2 to step into the 2 deep immediately. Even better if you can get one of them to EE.

Burns doesn't need to leave yet....another year with a solid db coach and solid d coord will set him up to make a lot more $$$$ in the NFL

Advertisement
This slapd!ck left us with terrible CB depth...with his dumb a$$ standards for CB's.

Yep we have no depth at corner and linebacker and we have no lineman for 2016 and he had the nerve to complain about randy

This is why you need to have the hindsight (as a recruiter) to envision what a player can/will be a couple years down the line and not focus on what he is as a Senior in high school.

You don't pass on the best CB in South FLA two years in a row just cause they're only 5'9"-5'10" or 160-170 pounds. You should have enough vision to realize that he can redshirt and in a year or two he'll have adequate size and will still possess the coverage ability he showed in high school. If we recruited Fenton, Dowels or Hoggins we would be comfortable with our CB depth going forward. All three are playing right now and Dowels is already the best CB on his team as a RS Freshman. (and he grew to 5'10" 179lbs)

We could be loaded with playmakers at CB right now but these slapd!cks recruit like they're trying to field an NFL team.

The funny thing is Goldie was passing on bigger CB's too. We really **** on Quincy Wilson, and Tavarus Mcfadden and UF & FSU glady accepted them... then we're left standing there wondering why the **** we dont have CB depth.

Advertisement
Back