potential defensive lineup

by 2017 we're gonna have a **** of a deep team. I think we'll be very talented next year defensively but wafer-thin in spots, esp. DB and LB (inexcusable for South Florida, IMO.)

Advertisement
Thinking about it, the way spread offenses have taken over, it's pretty rare an offense is on the field with anything less than 3 WRs. I think Pitt and GT are the only exception to this rule on our schedule next season.

I can see a hybrid guy like Gayot getting some meaningful time depending on how he's developed. He has some nice coverage skills.

Safeties: Jaquan Johnson Jamal Carter

Backers: Jermaine Grace Juwon Young Darrion Owens

Corners: Sheldrick Redwine Corn Elder

Linemen: Chad Thomas Gerald Willis Kendrick Norton Al-Quadian Muhammad

An off-season outside the Swasey Yoga Club, and under the guidance of coordinator that attacks, not reacts, and this is a top 15 defense.

I'm worried about how thin they are, though, but that's a nice group of talent.

We have some depth, the incoming freshman at LB are going to be making a push from day 1. On the DL, There is D. Jax, and a couple redshirt freshman that can possibly play a few minutes. At DT there is C. Jenkins. CB and S depth is suspect.

New savage DC,with the beastly creatures he'll have on his DL, will make those DBs look much better.

Advertisement

An off-season outside the Swasey Yoga Club, and under the guidance of coordinator that attacks, not reacts, and this is a top 15 defense.

We have some depth, the incoming freshman at LB are going to be making a push from day 1. On the DL, There is D. Jax, and a couple redshirt freshman that can possibly play a few minutes. At DT there is C. Jenkins. CB and S depth is suspect.

LB depth is suspect. CB depth is scary. DL is very deep for a college team. Not sure what anyone else would want.

Chad Thomas/Jackson
Willis/Moten/Mcintosh
Norton/Jenkins
AQM/Harris

If Willis is actually a DT, that's the deepest we've been at the position in an extremely long time. Even if he's a DE in an another type of scheme, we're stacked.

LB depth is suspect. CB depth is scary. DL is very deep for a college team. Not sure what anyone else would want.

Chad Thomas/Jackson
Willis/Moten/Mcintosh
Norton/Jenkins
AQM/Harris

If Willis is actually a DT, that's the deepest we've been at the position in an extremely long time. Even if he's a DE in an another type of scheme, we're stacked.

I know it's a lot to put on freshman but I feel Like McCloud, Quarterman, and Pinckney are going to take care of the depth concerns at LB. If Grace leaves early obviously that changes things. Any word on whether Gayot is recovering?

Agree on CB depth, it's basically like the depth chart we had at LB this year, 1 or 2 injuries and things will turn south quickly. I'm hoping Byrd is ready for minutes day 1, and maybe we finish with Mecole Hardman.

That Byrd kid physically looks ready. Could be plug and play.

Would be nice to flip that DeeJay Dallas dude also. Corner needs some talented kids that can help immediately.

DE Chad
DT Willis
DT Norton
DE AQM

OLB Owens
MLB Young
OLB Grace

CB Elder
CB Byrd

S Jaquan
S Carter

Unleash them in a 4-3 cover 2.

Advertisement

Would be nice to flip that DeeJay Dallas dude also. Corner needs some talented kids that can help immediately.

Have had Byrd rated the #1 in the class a while back. Have to reevaluate after senior films again obviously.

6'0"
Almost 200

Physical, Good speed, aggressive, and great special teamer too, blocked lot of kicks this year. Understands how to use the sideline as an extra defender as well.

Im gonna need Redwine at safety...trust me on this

I watched him since he was on JV. I've always said that his better fit would be safety. Not saying he's a bad corner but would be more of a natural fit there.

Advertisement

Byrd looks like a 27 year old man. That's the type of stuff we've been missing. If anyone remembers Ed Reed sitting on those benches at the end of Memorial Building, you'd be certain he'd been there flipping and feeding pigeons for 30-40 years.

Byrd is also one of the more older players in the class.

Not many people know this and I know people coming back to the recruiting board again now. Byrd was the first ever two time Youth All-American in middle school.

We stole a beast from UF. Kid is just sold on Miami in general. Loves the class size, the school and tradition of sending players to the nfl. Kid can play both sides of the ball. Can't go wrong with him at corner or safety.

Advertisement

Byrd looks like a 27 year old man. That's the type of stuff we've been missing. If anyone remembers Ed Reed sitting on those benches at the end of Memorial Building, you'd be certain he'd been there flipping and feeding pigeons for 30-40 years.

He almost is.

I could see AQM leaving this year and rumor is that Corn is leaving as well.

Advertisement
Back