Post-Signing Day Chatter - 12/20

View as article
As the craziness of the early signing period subsides, the positive is that Miami knows where they stand and can now re-evaluate the class.

Self awareness about utterly embarrassing this program. Gee, that's great.

Maybe now Mark and Jon Richt can really turn the heat up on QB recruiting to find a last-minute "gem" with an offer list that would make Evan Shirreffs look like Justin Fields by comparison.

#FlipWatch from Old Dominion.

Advertisement
Welp can’t say I wasn’t surprised we didn’t land either bogle, Haselwood or now maybe Tyrique Stevenson

So who do we think is the recruit who signed yesterday and was planning on announcing at an all star game but will announce today?

Advertisement
**This will probably be the last time I bring up WR Jadon Haselwood. I know this has been widely reported by now, but this is just a formality and in the effort of completeness and finality for my own self. Yesterday morning, I referenced a good source saying he believed the pick would be OU. Yesterday around mid-day, I talked to another source close to Haselwood that also believed the pick would be OU. Another source that was previously saying Miami has backed off that. The UM staff's confidence with Haselwood has eroded as well. All this to say, I'm flipping my pick to OU. Again, I know this is widely assumed at this point, simply a formality. For the record, I don't believe he was trolling Miami, and do believe his interest in UM was legitimate by talking with people that know him well. There were very good reasons he was not high on OU to begin with. There are many other factors at play here and I'm going to leave it at that.

**I'm still hearing positive things on Tyrique Stevenson to Miami, which is noteworthy because I'm told UGA is absolutely working until the last second here to land him. It's unclear as of yet if he's going to announce something in the early signing period or still wait until the all-star game on Jan. 5th.

**Many have already seen the OT Adam ElGammal news, but if you haven't: ElGammal was a late signee for Miami today. He was originally planning on waiting until February, but the staff convinced him to move it up. Remember, the early signing period lasts through Friday, so technically we could see more announcements the next two days.

**A few big-time targets did not sign with other schools yesterday, such as RB Mark-Antony Richards, DE Khris Bogle, OT Darius Washington, and CB Akeem Dent among others. They will all be high priorities during the next few weeks until the February signing day. For the full list of unsigned targets, as well as a recap of yesterday's action, check the early signing day tracker *here* or look for it pinned to the top of the recruiting board.

**Speaking of DE Khris Bogle: after talking to a source close to the recruitment today, he is still planning on waiting to announce at the all-star game on Jan. 5th. Another strong source has told me that he has given indications to both Miami and Alabama that he is coming, so someone is going to get let down there.

**As the craziness of the early signing period subsides, the positive is that Miami knows where they stand and can now re-evaluate the class. The board will become more clear in the coming days and will certainly expand as we see more new names emerging. UM already sent out three new offers yesterday and I'm told they are currently in the best spot with LB Octavius Brothers. He is very on high on Miami and will be on commit watch for his official visit on Jan. 18th.

Expect the opposite

Advertisement
Did all the other real programs sign most of their guys already and leaving no room to sign additional? My hope is:

1. Teams have their full allotment of signees
2. Remaining prospects don't want to compete with other kids of those programs that are loaded leading them to lean towards us.

Ultimately...LOL at thinking we sign anyone else worth a crap

Advertisement
Kirkland was coming to miami until golden pulled his bîtch move

What ***** move? Make a god **** pick so we know where we stand 18 year old a-hole?

He turned out to be a good player but Kirkland is the *****.

I don't understand these ******* kids that supposedly know where they want to go but instead of committing and working to get other quality players they'd prefer to be ****boys with "signing day mystery".

Advertisement
What ***** move? Make a god **** pick so we know where we stand 18 year old a-hole?

He turned out to be a good player but Kirkland is the *****.

I don't understand these ******* kids that supposedly know where they want to go but instead of committing and working to get other quality players they'd prefer to be ****boys with "signing day mystery".

A to the men...Little drama queen types. World all f**ked up with social media nowadays.

Advertisement
Back