Post presser (TVD & the WR’s)

Bingo

Manny Diaz is a fraud

But

With this 2022 roster, I firmly believe Manny and Lashlee would have a better record to date

It’s irrelevant though. Gattis was a huge miss by Mario that will set the rebuild back 1 to 2 seasons
Honestly thinking about it objectively I think it would be a wash. Offense would for suuuure be better, defense would have been worse as it continued to regress imo. And then we’d have to start over anyway.

So no I am not impressed with Mario and staff at all so far whatsoever, but manny would have def not been better right now imo.

Advertisement
Stop
Did you hear Mario reference meeting with Brashard Smith and his family? How Brashard is now working hard and done with his other BS?

Stop trying to make TVD the bad guy. Some of those WR need an attitude adjustment.
What happened with Smith and his family

The issues on offense isn’t as much about culture as it was being stubborn early In the year. Trying to make the players fit your offense instead of the opposite. Certain people leaking **** out to cover their own *** is weak sauce. That’s just keeping it a buck.

The culture isn’t great but coaches have blood on their hands too.
Prediction for this week? How does the team respond against an equally pathetic VT team?

TVD mentioned " Obviously we need to fix certain situations, be better On and OFF THE FIELD. Off the field issues reflect on how we play in practice and on game day". This has me wondering exactly what he's talking about? I feel like there is a disconnect with him and the recievers on the team. Everybody knows he hangs out with X and Will and Obviously they get the most targets.. but how bad is the relationship with the other guys. That's worrisome to me. Obviously that's not a good team concept at all. We gotta get Mello and George some targets when they are healthy. Anybody have any insight on exactly what the "off field issues" are?
He didnt even have their numbers and didnt have a group chat with those guys.. lol.. He is pretty aloof too, tough to be on same page when your qb dont **** with you.. Not sure if its off the field issues, more like personality I guess..

Advertisement
He didnt even have their numbers and didnt have a group chat with those guys.. lol.. He is pretty aloof too, tough to be on same page when your qb dont **** with you.. Not sure if its off the field issues, more like personality I guess..
guess he found their numbers this week when he looked better and the WRs did too

that's what I'm thinking. Mario had to sit down with the receivers and be like "listen yall need to squash whatever yall got going on and get to work with eachother". What's crazy to me is that it took 5 weeks into the season for this to happen? If I'm a QB in college I'm getting with those guys as much as possible because this is your NFL resume. Your future depends on those guys

that's what I'm thinking. Mario had to sit down with the receivers and be like "listen yall need to squash whatever yall got going on and get to work with eachother". What's crazy to me is that it took 5 weeks into the season for this to happen? If I'm a QB in college I'm getting with those guys as much as possible because this is your NFL resume. Your future depends on those guys
Why would he have to sit with wr when its not their disconnect? Gattis said he was shocked qb didnt have a group chat with his wr and setting up throwing the ball.. You cant be a leader and then blame the wr, LMAOO..

Advertisement
The issues on offense isn’t as much about culture as it was being stubborn early In the year. Trying to make the players fit your offense instead of the opposite. Then there’s certain people leaking **** out to cover their own *** , which is weak sauce. That’s just keeping it a buck.

This makes complete sense to me in an infuriatingly frustrating way…

The issues on offense isn’t as much about culture as it was being stubborn early In the year. Trying to make the players fit your offense instead of the opposite. Then there’s certain people leaking **** out to cover their own *** , which is weak sauce. That’s just keeping it a buck.

not wrong.

but let's be clear it's not ALL the coaches. in fact, it's a relatively small club.

as coach O said earlier this fall, "there's a lot of **** good coaches on this team."

but he wasn't talking about every single one.

when you have as big a group as we do now, .... (unlike past years when the budget was made for a High School JV-sized staff because we couldn't hire a ton of analysts), .... you're not going to hit a home run every time. even great head guys like JJ, Shula, Howard, Belichik, they had some misses. But they had a lot of hits.

Let this one play out. If there are changes next January, you'll know Mario wasn't happy, and what he bought wasn't what he expected.

not wrong.

but let's be clear it's not ALL the coaches. in fact, it's a relatively small club.

as coach O said earlier this fall, "there's a lot of **** good coaches on this team."

but he wasn't talking about every single one.

when you have as big a group as we do now, .... (unlike past years when the budget was made for a High School JV-sized staff because we couldn't hire a ton of analysts), .... you're not going to hit a home run every time. even great head guys like JJ, Shula, Howard, Belichik, they had some misses. But they had a lot of hits.

Let this one play out. If there are changes next January, you'll know Mario wasn't happy, and what he bought wasn't what he expected.
It’s definitely not all the coaches. Making comments about players not having teammates phone numbers as well as other things is my gripe. It’s also one of the reasons I said people need to to stop with excuses and leaking stuff to cover their ***.

It’s definitely not all the coaches. Making comments about players not having teammates phone numbers as well as other things is my gripe. It’s also one of the reasons I said people need to to stop with excuses and leaking stuff to cover their ***.

agreed.

that's juvenile *** covering, and by the way .... not accurate (as you know).

but how the idiots among the swine love to run with nonsense like that and give it the weight of gospel

Advertisement
agreed.

that's juvenile *** covering, and by the way .... not accurate (as you know).

but how the idiots among the swine love to run with nonsense like that and give it the weight of gospel

I heard the issue is that after TVD lost his WR phone numbers, he tried to have a video conference with them in the off season and he sent a MS Teams invite. All the WRs except Restrepo insisted on using Zoom. And Colbie Young apparently insisted on WebEx which is why he isn't allowed on the field. We don't need an OC, we need a CTO.

I mean they also changed the passing offense to cater to tvds strengths too which you know matters

Advertisement
I mean they also changed the passing offense to cater to tvds strengths too which you know matters
It’s pointless to tell this poster this.

He doesn’t even know enough football to be able to tell that we ran a lot of up tempo, spread/RPO against UNC. He’s still thinks that TVD was just playing way better in the same bunch formation, check with the coaches first scheme that he was mightily struggling with.

He almost passed for 500 yards yesterday and threw 3 TD’s. This was all after he had a talk with Gattis and Mario about maybe letting him play in his preferred spread/RPO up tempo system.

We couldn’t run once again yesterday, so they were eventually forced to give in to his requests.

What’s it gonna take for you to drop the ridiculous propaganda, and just admit that Mario and Gattis have been trying to fit a square peg into a circle?

Mario even said after the game tha he wishes that they could have run the ball more, which is complete and utter insanity. Only reason we were in the game was because of TVD.

If they hadn’t had so many bad calls in critical 3rd and 4th downs where they inexplicably went back to their preferred bunched formations and check with the coaches first, tortoise paced scheme, we likely win that game.
The onside kick with 2:20 left and 2 timeouts was a real head scratcher to me. If UNC was that conservative in their play calling that last series from inside our 50 then imagine if they had started on their own 25. The difference in field position was potentially the difference in the game. Starting on our own 10 with 1:15 left vs starting at our 30 etc... was huge. Those decisions win or lose games.

The decision to go for it from the 2 yard line after 6 consecutive plays from inside the 4 was also very questionable to me for a few reasons. First in was early in the game and we were down 7-0. Secondly the momentum had clearly swung in favor of UNC after 6 straight running plays were stuffed. I don't understand why he doesn't take the points there being so early in the game with a kicker who is as close to automatic as you can get at close range. His counter argument may be that even if we don't make it that UNC would have the ball at their own 2 setting our defense up to either create a turnover or get a 3 and out thus setting up great field position. The huge flaw in that thinking is that our defense has not shown the ability to capitalize on those situations. IIRC UNC proceeded to march 98 yards for a TD on their ensuing possession.

At the beginning of the 3rd quarter UNC got the ball and it was immediately evident that Kevin Steele had made some great adjustments. In the first series the DL which had clearly mainlined a case of Popeye's spinach at the half, came out on fire sacking Maye on first down after lining up in what I can only describe as a double wide 9 alignment with Harvey doing the honors around left end. Next Darrell Jackson proceeds to dogwalk the LG right into Maye's face thus forcing Maye to shorten up his arm motion and throw a floater that was picked off by Killa Kam.

At this point the entire team is both confident and fired up about the interception and the 10 unanswered points we scored before halftime as TVD was red hot and UNC had no answers for our passing attack and the uptempo pace we were playing at. Now with all of the above factors at play, momentum clearly with us and Kinchens interception lighting the fuse, that was the time to smell the blood and have TVD attack their defense relentlessly through the air and take control of the game. That wasn't what happened. No, instead of going in for the kill and continue to apply massive pressure to the UNC defense Mario decides to just slow it all down and go back to running the football out of bunch formations. Yes we also threw the ball that drive but just slowing it down allowed UNC to gather themselves and take TVD out of his zone.

These are the types of things that have me concerned. Cristobal's game management and in game decisions are/have been atrocious and I'm not sure that he will improve on that at this point. He can certainly improve and reshape this rooster to the point where we are top 5 in talent but it's the game management and game day decisions that are the difference between making the playoffs and winning the title.

Advertisement
Back