Post presser (TVD & the WR’s)

GoCanes!!

Recruit
Banned
TVD mentioned " Obviously we need to fix certain situations, be better On and OFF THE FIELD. Off the field issues reflect on how we play in practice and on game day". This has me wondering exactly what he's talking about? I feel like there is a disconnect with him and the recievers on the team. Everybody knows he hangs out with X and Will and Obviously they get the most targets.. but how bad is the relationship with the other guys. That's worrisome to me. Obviously that's not a good team concept at all. We gotta get Mello and George some targets when they are healthy. Anybody have any insight on exactly what the "off field issues" are?

Advertisement
TVD mentioned " Obviously we need to fix certain situations, be better On and OFF THE FIELD. Off the field issues reflect on how we play in practice and on game day". This has me wondering exactly what he's talking about? I feel like there is a disconnect with him and the recievers on the team. Everybody knows he hangs out with X and Will and Obviously they get the most targets.. but how bad is the relationship with the other guys. That's worrisome to me. Obviously that's not a good team concept at all. We gotta get Mello and George some targets when they are healthy. Anybody have any insight on exactly what the "off field issues" are?
He almost passed for 500 yards yesterday and threw 3 TD’s. This was all after he had a talk with Gattis and Mario about maybe letting him play in his preferred spread/RPO up tempo system.

We couldn’t run once again yesterday, so they were eventually forced to give in to his requests.

What’s it gonna take for you to drop the ridiculous propaganda, and just admit that Mario and Gattis have been trying to fit a square peg into a circle?

Mario even said after the game tha he wishes that they could have run the ball more, which is complete and utter insanity. Only reason we were in the game was because of TVD.

If they hadn’t had so many bad calls in critical 3rd and 4th downs where they inexplicably went back to their preferred bunched formations and check with the coaches first, tortoise paced scheme, we likely win that game.

He almost passed for 500 yards yesterday and threw 3 TD’s. This was all after he had a talk with Gattis and Mario about maybe letting him play in his preferred spread/RPO up tempo system.

We couldn’t run once again yesterday, so they were eventually forced to give in to his requests.

What’s it gonna take for you to drop the ridiculous propaganda, and just admit that Mario and Gattis have been trying to fit a square peg into a circle?

Mario even said after the game tha he wishes that they could have run the ball more, which is complete and utter insanity. Only reason we were in the game was because of TVD.

If they hadn’t had so many bad calls in critical 3rd and 4th downs where they inexplicably went back to their preferred bunched formations and check with the coaches first, tortoise paced scheme, we likely win that game.
Propaganda? it came straight from his own mouth. I don't think anything you just said had anything to do with the off field issues he is talking about. And let's face it, If TVD played like he did yesterday all season the whole Gattis thing wouldn't be a discussion since he actually was able to make the throws to people that were open.

Propaganda? it came straight from his own mouth. I don't think anything you just said had anything to do with the off field issues he is talking about. And let's face it, If TVD played like he did yesterday all season the whole Gattis thing wouldn't be a discussion since he actually was able to make the throws to people that were open.
Do you not get the fact that the reason he played great yesterday was because we finally ran way more spread/RPO and up tempo? What is so hard to understand about this? It’s not rocket science.

He did not play well in the other 4 games because the scheme that they have been trying to force on him sucks, and we also don’t have the OL to run it.

Do you not get the fact that the reason he played great yesterday was because we finally ran way more spread/RPO and up tempo? What is so hard to understand about this? It’s not rocket science.

He did not play well in the other 4 games because the scheme that they have been trying to force on him sucks, and we also don’t have the OL to run it.
Again. What does that have to do with the off the field issues which was my main concern. I know you think you're a hall of fame couch coach you failed to even answer what this thread was all about.

Advertisement
Stop
Did you hear Mario reference meeting with Brashard Smith and his family? How Brashard is now working hard and done with his other BS?

Stop trying to make TVD the bad guy. Some of those WR need an attitude adjustment.

Advertisement

In before the inevitable lock.

But how do you extrapolate what TVD said to it being an issue b/w him and the receivers in this specific statement? Imo, it's a reach.

Stop
Did you hear Mario reference meeting with Brashard Smith and his family? How Brashard is now working hard and done with his other BS?

Stop trying to make TVD the bad guy. Some of those WR need an attitude adjustment.
But that's my point. I'm trying to figure out what "that other BS" is. I'm not trying to attack anybody and like I sure I mightve jumped to a conclusion but obviously something is there. If Mario and TVD said the same things.

I wish we had run it more and better too.

It's not a bad thing to be able to run the football.

If we had run it for 200 and threw it for 300 we would have won easily.

You can don you, but kudos to our offensive staff to scratch it in game and toss it a million times.

Notre Dame isn't a great top 10 team this season, but Kelly had built playoff LOS at that program, and they are still strong in that area.

They dominated UNC at the LOS on both sides of the ball. That is what Mario is going to build at Miami.

Notre Dame had 251 yards rushing on 51 attempts for 5.1 average while holding UnC to 66 yards rushing on 28 attempts for 2.4 average.

Now look at the Miami box score and see sorta a reverse to those stats with Miami and UNC where they ran the ball much better than we did.

I think we will get there.

It’s becoming more obvious that there are deeper issues within the program than what many have speculated about. What we see on the field coupled with what we’re hearing from those in the know is drawing a clearer picture of just how bad the culture is and the challenge Mario has to fix it.

The juggling act of trying to fix a broken culture whilst trying to field a competitive team is surely daunting. It may explain why we continue to see players like Flagg and Ivey continue to get a lot of PT. Do you reward those that live up to the “standard” or play those that may not be upholding it?

Advertisement
Yes to an extent. Even with TVD and the adjusted offense we still couldn’t score. So I say yes and no to your statement

Would the culture be better if we could score inside the red zone likely changing the record from 2-3 to 5-0?

Winning is fun. Makes the hard work and struggle feel like it pays off.
Bingo

Manny Diaz is a fraud

But

With this 2022 roster, I firmly believe Manny and Lashlee would have a better record to date

It’s irrelevant though. Gattis was a huge miss by Mario that will set the rebuild back 1 to 2 seasons

Advertisement
Bingo

Manny Diaz is a fraud

But

With this 2022 roster, I firmly believe Manny and Lashlee would have a better record to date

It’s irrelevant though. Gattis was a huge miss by Mario that will set the rebuild back 1 to 2 seasons
it's definitely irrelevant when Lashlee would still be at SMU and who knows what OC would have wanted to he under Manny. people seem to forget Lashlee would not be here this season regardless If Manny was still here

It’s becoming more obvious that there are deeper issues within the program than what many have speculated about. What we see on the field coupled with what we’re hearing from those in the know is drawing a clearer picture of just how bad the culture is and the challenge Mario has to fix it.

The juggling act of trying to fix a broken culture whilst trying to field a competitive team is surely daunting. It may explain why we continue to see players like Flagg and Ivey continue to get a lot of PT. Do you reward those that live up to the “standard” or play those that may not be upholding it?
The issues on offense isn’t as much about culture as it was being stubborn early In the year. Trying to make the players fit your offense instead of the opposite. Then there’s certain people leaking **** out to cover their own *** , which is weak sauce. That’s just keeping it a buck.

The culture isn’t great but coaches have blood on their hands too.

Last edited:
The issues on offense isn’t as much about culture as it was being stubborn early In the year. Trying to make the players fit your offense instead of the opposite. Certain people leaking **** out to cover their own *** is weak sauce. That’s just keeping it a buck. The culture isn’t great but coaches have blood on their hands too. Putting everything purely on culture is bs.
And yet we’re told that the offense would be built around what the players do best. Will what we saw this past Sat on offense continue?

Advertisement
Back