Post-Presser Q & A

remember his dad is a politician so he knows a thing or two on how to persuade public opinion.
Correct. But let’s not pretend this is like Golden’s silver tongue. He quickly was outed as a fraud, whereas Manny made tangible changes to his defenses in his three years as DC that addressed perceived weaknesses. Huge difference between those that know how to talk from those that know how to talk AND walk.

Advertisement
What does he want in his strength staff?

“The best way I can say it is the old strength staff did an outstanding job and improved us in the three years they were here,” Diaz said. “But that coach in that room is your program. … The kids work out with the strength staff a lot more than they practice the way it’s set up (in the NCAA system).”
He added, “There was the notion we didn’t work quite as hard as we needed to work this past year, that was expressed to me. And that’s why I said everything matters, there’s never any one smoking gun but if the players sense it then it’s an issue.”

WTF

I think Manny is taking a detailed approach to the program similar to what Saban does at Alabama. He wants the best coaches that fit the vision of his system.
The fact that he's replacing Gus Felder was suprising, but it just goes to show you that he has a vision for every detail that affects the program. Every "t" will be crossed and every "i" will be dotted.
Not suprised Felder gone. I said in other threads his methods are garbage from very reliable source... glad hes gone. We will be a much stronger team especially upfront.

Advertisement
“There was the notion we didn’t work quite as hard as we needed to work this past year, that was expressed to me. And that’s why I said everything matters, there’s never any one smoking gun but if the players sense it then it’s an issue.”

Toxic and unacceptable.

Next to the Head Coach, that S&C Coach and staff builds, reinforces and infuses the culture of a team. If Manny is calling it out in a presser, you know it was an open, cancerous, secret on the team.

Most damning thing I've read.

“There was the notion we didn’t work quite as hard as we needed to work this past year, that was expressed to me. And that’s why I said everything matters, there’s never any one smoking gun but if the players sense it then it’s an issue.”

Toxic and unacceptable.

Next to the Head Coach, that S&C Coach and staff builds, reinforces and infuses the culture of a team. If Manny is calling it out in a presser, you know it was an open, cancerous, secret on the team.

Gus was big and lazy. Ironically our OL played the same way. Add position coaches who didn't push kids or hold them accountable. 7-6.

Advertisement

Toxic and unacceptable.

This entire past season was summarized by the fact that Mark Richt literally used 50% of the available practices for the bowl game. That tells us all we need to know about how engaged in this he really was. The team takes on the personality of its leader.

Agree. Manny seems like a guy who has pretty good self awareness and isn't afraid to make changes. Both good qualities for a head football coach.
Yeah man he’s confident as **** but also knows he doesn’t know everything. This smartest guy in the room **** doesn’t work here and doesn’t in recruiting either

Advertisement
Back