Post game thought (was at the game)

M3N

Senior
Some thoughts.

Defense

I thought we played well, but we still left a lot on the field. The first couple possessions we stayed in base and got ate up. We switched in and out of nickel, but nickel seemed to work the best. This confused me a bit because they ran the ball on us quite effectively while in base defense.

I really like what I saw from Redwine. Ive been critical of him before and he impressed me. Duke put him in a bind all game long and he still was effective. Not many people realized that while he is covering the slot, he has to key on Jones RPO action. There were a couple times he was slow to react and they gained yards, but he was pretty consistent defending the pass.

Malek Young played well, but If he turned around like corners are supposed to be taught he would of had 2 picks.

Delaney.... about time son. Made a few plays, was physical at the line and seemed to get himself some confidence. But.... he did the same **** Young did! He didnt turn around. This isnt the first time we have seen this, but obviously Rumph taught them this crap. This needs to change or can expect low # of INTS

Bandy needs to play a lot more. JJ needs to play less. Ive said it time and time again. He is too slow to fill the alley or take an angle and it showed. Dean showed a couple times.

Get Smith and Perry out my face. Simple as that.

The mass substitution of 6+ players needs to end.

Offense-----------------

Malik is steaky, but he is a gamer. Showed me something when he put his shoulder down to get the first.

The OL is pathetic. all around

TE needs to utilized more

Berrios is showing up big

Cager... love his heart and toughness, but man he looks slower than dirt.

AR...dynamic, but we should of thrown to him all night. No one could cover him. That PI was garbage.

Rezone and goaline play selection needs an upgrade.

Special team..................

DISASTER waiting to happen!

Coverage and return teams are trash. Need to hire a dedicated STC.

My entire section was all MIAMI, but i had a duke family directly behind me. Ive never been around a bunch that racist in my life. They touched on everything miami chearleaders to Miami fans are thugs just like players. I actually turned around and was gonna ring his neck but my wife reminded me ill get arrested. I was shocked bc ive been to a ton of away games.

Any way. Good win. Now lets burry FSU

Advertisement
Corners in the nfl don't always turn around either... you must think that's easy to do??

Corners in the nfl don't always turn around either... you must think that's easy to do??
I played safety in college. Yes it is not difficult. Stay hip/ pocket while running. Look at his eyes and make the turn. This is taught in HS. You must of never played

I played safety in college. Yes it is not difficult. Stay hip/ pocket while running. Look at his eyes and make the turn. This is taught in HS. You must of never played

Lmao its not difficult.... did u make it to the nfl?? I'm curious what school did u "play" safety at? And yes I played football that's why I know it's not easy to do.

Advertisement
I would put up money for your bail also.

Flock em.

Your analysis of what I saw on TV is pretty much spot-on. Yes, we were good but we have work to do.

The OL isn't pathetic either.... did you see FSUs oline give up 18tfl and 6 sacks against wake forest??

Last edited:

Lmao its not difficult.... did u make it to the nfl?? I'm curious what school did u "play" safety at? And yes I played football that's why I know it's not easy to do.

Turn on the VT game. I just watched 3 different corners make the turn and look back. 2 corners from Clemson.

Regarding my athletic career. I signed with William and Mary, but didn't make it academically. Played 2 years @ Lackawanna JC and transfer to William Paterson which is near my home. My career ended with 4 torn ligaments in my right ankle my senior year. I never played or get on a practice squad in the NFL. I did have scouts from the Eagles and Giants look at me. The injury was a big set bet. I ran a 4.48 at 220 pre injury, but was never the same again. My long time coach Sam Garnes did all he could to get me on the Giants. I just didn't have the athleticism anymore. Ankle is still ****ed.

The OL isn't pathetic either.... did you see FSUs oline give up 18tfl and 6 sacks against wake forest??
I don't care what goes on at FSU.

Maybe the OL isn't pathetic, but we are average at best. I don't know what else to tell u

Advertisement
Duke fans are horrid, elitist, dyckbags in most cases who've been convinced by their basketball program that their shizz not only doesn't stink, it's actually cotton candy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Was at the game as well.

To call the OL pathetic is a bit harsh. They definitely need to play better. Will be keying in on that as I re-watch the game.

Dallas does not look like a WR. That dude is jacked. He needs to play defense or maybe RB. I guess if he stays at WR he can be a Bolden type receiver. But he is a physical specimen. I wonder if he can play Safety.

We sat behind the DL bench. Those dudes were having fun all night. Love that they were playing loose, fast and physical. When they got back to the bench it was a party. Especially after Bethel got the chain.

Richards is on a different planet. He comes in and just looks like a man amongst boys. Get him the ball as much as possible. And yes, complete BS on the offensive PI he got. They took a TD away from the man.

Walton is one fiery dude. He leaves it all out on the field. Got to love that mentality.

Saw Clinto Portis in the bathroom. Dude is hilarious. Kaaya was also at the game. He was a few rows in front of us and then he used his pass to get on the field.

Duke is a basketball school plain and simple. They have a small stadium. The Canes come in on a Friday night in a undefeated matchup, yet they still cannot fill the stadium. But there were tons of Canes fans there. Way to represent folks!

Turn on the VT game. I just watched 3 different corners make the turn and look back. 2 corners from Clemson.

Regarding my athletic career. I signed with William and Mary, but didn't make it academically. Played 2 years @ Lackawanna JC and transfer to William Paterson which is near my home. My career ended with 4 torn ligaments in my right ankle my senior year. I never played or get on a practice squad in the NFL. I did have scouts from the Eagles and Giants look at me. The injury was a big set bet. I ran a 4.48 at 220 pre injury, but was never the same again. My long time coach Sam Garnes did all he could to get me on the Giants. I just didn't have the athleticism anymore. Ankle is still ****ed.

Sam Garnes who played safety at U of Cincinnati?

I been reviewing the game play-by-play and so far (middle of third quarter) the OL has played very well.

Advertisement

Sam Garnes who played safety at U of Cincinnati?

Yes! Played for the Giants n Jets as well.

75% of DBs in college don't turn

Last edited:

75% of DBs in college don't turn and locate the ball BUT you played safety in D3...

75 % ? That's super high.

Well coached cb's normally get their head around. It's one of the first things they're taught now , because it's normally an automatic PI if you don't. You can be in great position , without touching but majority of the time you'll get the pi for face guarding.

Advertisement
All the proper techniques have been mentioned, and they are correct. But even good DBs don't always run step for step in picture perfect position every time.

But they go in the mental garbage can when you feel, or actually are, a step or two behind and you're focused on getting your hands up and in the way of the coming ball, while trying not to get a PI call.

In those cases sometimes it may be possible to exhibit enough body control to time and turn your head at the precise moment, and maybe even get an int, but mostly you're in survival mode trying to prevent a catch and/or TD.

75% of DBs in college don't turn and locate the ball BUT you played safety in D3...

75 % ? That's super high.

Well coached cb's normally get their head around. It's one of the first things they're taught now , because it's normally an automatic PI if you don't. You can be in great position , without touching but majority of the time you'll get the pi for face guarding.

It isn't illegal to face-guard in the NCAA. I agree that every DB coach on the planet is teaching their DBs to turn and look for the ball but it's the exception not the rule. 75% is probably low. Most picks in the NCAA are off tips or overthrows.

D3 or not my team was filled with D1 transfers. My talent was not D3. Just had unfortunate circumstances. Typically JC Safety don't get picked up so I decided to cut my loses and stay close to home. I kind of take that as an insult but then again Canes fans are Retards and 95% never played college ball. I was coached by 2 former All pro safety's from the NFL. I know what I'm talking about.

And so did Don Shula (CB/S) and Pierre Garcon (WR/S) .... so I guess they're not qualified to offer an opinion on DB play either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back