Post game thought (was at the game)

Corners in the nfl don't always turn around either... you must think that's easy to do??
I played safety in college. Yes it is not difficult. Stay hip/ pocket while running. Look at his eyes and make the turn. This is taught in HS. You must of never played

75% of DBs in college don't turn and locate the ball BUT you played safety in D3...

And so did Don Shula (CB/S) and Pierre Garcon (WR/S) .... so I guess they're not qualified to offer an opinion on DB play either.

We played against Mount Union (Garcon team) before. What an unreal program. I think they have like 10+ rings. Super talented as well. Many D1 guys end up there

Advertisement
Our D gave up 6 points to a really good ( not great ) Duke team. I have zero complaints. Our oline isn't trash but it ain't great either . Just average so far but better then last year none the less.

Corners in the nfl don't always turn around either... you must think that's easy to do??
I played safety in college. Yes it is not difficult. Stay hip/ pocket while running. Look at his eyes and make the turn. This is taught in HS. You must of never played

Lmao its not difficult.... did u make it to the nfl?? I'm curious what school did u "play" safety at? And yes I played football that's why I know it's not easy to do.

Turn on the VT game. I just watched 3 different corners make the turn and look back. 2 corners from Clemson.

Regarding my athletic career. I signed with William and Mary, but didn't make it academically. Played 2 years @ Lackawanna JC and transfer to William Paterson which is near my home. My career ended with 4 torn ligaments in my right ankle my senior year. I never played or get on a practice squad in the NFL. I did have scouts from the Eagles and Giants look at me. The injury was a big set bet. I ran a 4.48 at 220 pre injury, but was never the same again. My long time coach Sam Garnes did all he could to get me on the Giants. I just didn't have the athleticism anymore. Ankle is still ****ed.

[MENTION=8602]M3N[/MENTION], what year did you play at William Paterson? and are we talking about William Paterson in Wayne, NJ? Thanks

I was happy at our performance on D, meh on O. Then I watched Washington State played and it hit me how basic of an offense Richt calls. Guys like Leach, Frost, Briles...their offenses are so nuanced and efficient. We look primitive in comparison. We are out-talenting people for now, but that won't fly when pitted against teams with talented players AND coordinators. Richt needs to step back as a CEO type HC and hire himself a proper offensive coordinator

The OL isn't pathetic either.... did you see FSUs oline give up 18tfl and 6 sacks against wake forest??
I don't care what goes on at FSU.

Maybe the OL isn't pathetic, but we are average at best. I don't know what else to tell u

Your not wrong. The OL was rather pathetic in that game. Richt identified the fat that they couldn't open any creases for Walton and the pressure on Malik all night was pretty evident.

That said...here comes October 2017, after the nightmare that was October 2016.

Sure, Irma threw in a huge wrinkle, but much of the east/west run game and inability to counter a team selling out on defense falls back in Richt. He owned it in the post game presser...now fix it.

Run the ******* ball N/S PLEASE. Pound it. Take it 2-3 yards versus the -1. We are not Alabama or Georgia in the backfield, I get that, but we need our backs to be hitting that line while we are holding blocks (presumably) initially.

As to the corner deal, you hear different coaches go different ways. Watch the receiver, then turn, to just watch the receiver and follow his hands and eyes. Both CAN work...sometimes you see guys look back and lose the receiver and/or ability to track the ball.

Personally it frustrated me that he wouldn't turn, but he was effective nonetheless...just saying.

UM

Advertisement
Good write up ! I too was impressed by redwines play some nice open Field tackles and breaks on the ball.

Think Oline is actually improved; secondary played alot better ! Just don't think we have Miami talent in the secondary but was encouraged from their play.

Bethel making plays at DT

McCloud has been disappointing to me; but Jennings looked really physical in his few snaps.

Want to see our team be more physical as a whole. We still havent played a complete game but are winning comfortably. Was a good confidence booster for next week.. I think we smash FSU..

Had good luck with Duke fans this time, have no complaints, in fact had some good conversation.

Last time we played in Durham was a different story. Had a batch of bubbas behind us absolutely hammered and foaming at the mouth. Thought everyone from Miami was a criminal illegal migrant. Fortunately they also hated their QB. "GOT DANG SIRK!!! SUMB!TCH CANT PLAY!!!" They wandered back to the parking lot at the beginning of the second quarter to find more dip and Evan, disappearing into the mist.

This recap is spot on. I share your concerns about the OL and special teams. It’s pathetic that we could not punch the ball in from the 1” line against Duke, and it always seems like we are a shoestring tackle away from giving up a big return on special teams.

Lmao its not difficult.... did u make it to the nfl?? I'm curious what school did u "play" safety at? And yes I played football that's why I know it's not easy to do.

Turn on the VT game. I just watched 3 different corners make the turn and look back. 2 corners from Clemson.

Regarding my athletic career. I signed with William and Mary, but didn't make it academically. Played 2 years @ Lackawanna JC and transfer to William Paterson which is near my home. My career ended with 4 torn ligaments in my right ankle my senior year. I never played or get on a practice squad in the NFL. I did have scouts from the Eagles and Giants look at me. The injury was a big set bet. I ran a 4.48 at 220 pre injury, but was never the same again. My long time coach Sam Garnes did all he could to get me on the Giants. I just didn't have the athleticism anymore. Ankle is still ****ed.

Off Topic bit of history for you. Back in the early part of the 20th century, college football was dominated by small private colleges, such as the Ivies, Georgetown, and Lafayette. The schools were not academic stalwarts when it came to football. Schools, especially Lafayette, recruited coal miners from Lackawanna to fill their rosters, Lafayette won 2 or 3 national championships doing this. Sorry, had to do it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back