Post game presser

I don’t know man. You get under a minute and the opposing team has no TOs, the game is over. Mario has been around CFB for three decades. He doesn’t need to discuss it. Trying to explain how he could’ve prevented it, just sounds dumb.
He knew it he just needed to recalibrate

Advertisement
Actually not correct.

If they took knees on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down there would have been 6-8 seconds left on the clock to have to try to execute a 4th down play like Bama did today.
You are wrong, we get a first down at 1:55 left GT has one time out after we pick up the first.. If they take a time out after that play its still under 2 minutes and we can knee 3 times and get 40 sec play clock, 40sec x3 is 2 minutes, anything under 2 minutes.. GAME IS OVER.. TAKE A KNEE.. You can see the sequence here

Oh my god. Thank god you aren’t in charge of clock management at Miami. There was 1:23 left on 1 and 10 when they ran the ball for the first time. The actual process of a knee takes about 3-4 seconds off the clock. 40 second play clock. The game was over. Tim hassleback even said it on first down.

Say we take the knee on 1st down. We have 1:20 left. No time outs. We knee again on second down. Clock goes down to about 37 seconds. Knee on third down and it’s over
Found Mario's mentor.

Advertisement
You are wrong, we get a first down at 1:55 left GT has one time out after we pick up the first.. If they take a time out after that play its still under 2 minutes and we can knee 3 times and get 40 sec play clock, 40sec x3 is 2 minutes, anything under 2 minutes.. GAME IS OVER.. TAKE A KNEE.. You can see the sequence here

That assumes they snap it with 0 seconds on the play clock which NEVER happens.

Snap it three times with 3 seconds on the clock and there is time. Might only be a few seconds but there is time.

Obviously a stupid strategy either way. Just kneel on 3rd down and game is over.

That assumes they snap it with 0 seconds on the play clock which NEVER happens.

Snap it three times with 3 seconds on the clock and there is time. Might only be a few seconds but there is time.

Obviously a stupid strategy either way. Just kneel on 3rd down and game is over.
How are you still fighting when there is video evidence that there will be no time left?! EVERYONE is seeing and saying take a knee, the announcer is saying TAKE A KNEE! Even if you snap with 3 secs (mind you the announcer ALL DRIVE is saying TVD is snapping with too much time left) you can extend the knee or take a step back and run time out.. Either way, its UNDER 2 MINUTES, you ONLY have to do that if its OVER 2minutes.. JUST TAKE 3 KNEES!!!!

How are you still fighting when there is video evidence that there will be no time left?! EVERYONE is seeing and saying take a knee, the announcer is saying TAKE A KNEE! Even if you snap with 3 secs (mind you the announcer ALL DRIVE is saying TVD is snapping with too much time left) you can extend the knee or take a step back and run time out.. Either way, its UNDER 2 MINUTES, you ONLY have to do that if its OVER 2minutes.. JUST TAKE 3 KNEES!!!!
Screenshot_20231008_012722_Samsung Internet.jpg

Off the top of my head, the only coaching miscue that compares is Seattle throwing the ball on the goal line vs the patriots.
True, but Seattle still had to score a td to win. On the other hand, all we had to do to win was take a snap and kneel. And he had 3 opportunities to do so. Just absolutely numbing. This can’t be real.

Advertisement
True, but Seattle still had to score a td to win. On the other hand, all we had to do to win was take a snap and kneel. And he had 3 opportunities to do so. Just absolutely numbing. This can’t be real.
True. I can’t sleep man. I can only imagine how the players and coaches are feeling

Or Carroll having his best player, Heisman Trophy winning RB Reggie Bush, on the sideline for a 4th down play against Texas in the NC game. They failed to convert. SC fans know what happened afterwards.

Pete Carroll is a **** of a coach, one of a few to win a national championship and a Super Bowl. He also blew both of them.

Sorry, thought it was obvious he said that too. Given how there’s not a soul on the planet who thinks otherwise.

But why am I surprised that you of all people are running around the board trying to white knight for him.
Who's trying to white knight for him? It's unanimous that he ****ed up.

Underlying all the speculation is the question, what's next. Will the team fall apart, or can Mario pull things together?

Advertisement
Or Carroll having his best player, Heisman Trophy winning RB Reggie Bush, on the sideline for a 4th down play against Texas in the NC game. They failed to convert. SC fans know what happened afterwards.

Pete Carroll is a **** of a coach, one of a few to win a national championship and a Super Bowl. He also blew both of them.
None of those come remotely close to what Mario did. A child playing madden knows how you handle a game like that. There’s only one way you lose ….. not kneeling. Just to put into context there was a 99.9 percent chance of winning before he lost his mind

Everyone is forgetting that if we had kneed it even with more than 40 we could just run a play on 4th down or punt it sky high into the end zone and the game is over. It's illogical to think that we weren't just doing this for Chaney to get 100 yards. By the way he got his 100 yards. Congrats.

Advertisement
If I’m Mario, and I have any awareness at all there are two things which must be constant:

1) He needs great technicians as coordinators because his capabilities are conceptual at best.

2) Make an internship program for some computer science grad student to do all your in-game analytics and tell you what to do when anything mathematical is involved.

None of those come remotely close to what Mario did. A child playing madden knows how you handle a game like that. There’s only one way you lose ….. not kneeling. Just to put into context there was a 99.9 percent chance of winning before he lost his mind
Agree 100%.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back