Post game presser

Call a timeout to take a knee is wild.
You call a TO with 1 second on the play clock to bleed as much time off the clock so when you do take a knee the game is over.

Taking a TO and then kneeling would have been the right thing to do.

Advertisement
Nick Saban did literally the same god **** thing today against Texas A&M. Took TO with 1 second on play clock. Then snapped ball to QB who threw the ball into the stands. Game over.

Calling a TO would have been 100% acceptable.
You’re missing the point. But okay

You call a TO with 1 second on the play clock to bleed as much time off the clock so when you do take a knee the game is over.

They could have just taken the knee without a timeout like evey other team in pop warner.

No the right thing to do would have been kneeling it 3 times after getting the first down after G tech banged their timeout.

Advertisement
No the right thing to do would have been kneeling it 3 times after getting the first down after G tech banged their timeout.
@ssvir math aint that hard
248942-4946bdcc2e22c10fc4e628b859cfa2a6.jpeg.jpg

Play clock is 40 seconds here Mario no need for a timeout. He could have even taken a delay of game.

I'm glad I remembered Mario is a moron so j didn't drink the Kool aid. I was ****ed throughout the game. Knew they'd lose. Even told my brother they'd lose still right before the fumble. Not shocked at all but it was the final nail in the Mario era for me. I wanted to believe but never did luckily. He is the worst coach we've ever had by far.

@ssvir math aint that hard View attachment 260437
Play clock is 40 seconds here Mario no need for a timeout. He could have even taken a delay of game.
My point exactly.

They didn't realize they could have just taken a knee so call a TO to figure out the math.

Calling a TO isn't a bad/wrong call ... especially since they were obviously brain dead at the moment.

Nick Saban did literally the same god **** thing today against Texas A&M. Took TO with 1 second on play clock. Then snapped ball to QB who threw the ball into the stands. Game over.

Calling a TO would have been 100% acceptable.
You aren’t necessarily wrong. But there was 7 seconds left in the TAMU Bama game when the TO was taken. Mario takes it and there’s what, 33 seconds left? What is there to talk about? Debating a punt or running like crazy or what to do with the ball for 7 seconds is a vastly different discussion than, what should we do to ensure we run one final play with no turnovers to win?

Advertisement
Every coach in CFB should know that a first down under 2:30 is ball game. The only reason I think the ran it again was to get Chaney 100 yards. Which he obviously can’t admit in his pressor. So the response is a convoluted bunch of nonsense.
I don’t know if it’s just about 100 yards for Chaney. I think Mario likes having a high rush yard # and rushing average and that’s why we literally haven’t taken a knee all year. Doesn’t make the decision better it’s stupid vanity, but I’m not sure it’s about Chaney and 100 yards

You aren’t necessarily wrong. But there was 7 seconds left in the TAMU Bama game when the TO was taken. Mario takes it and there’s what, 33 seconds left? What is there to talk about? Debating a punt or running like crazy or what to do with the ball for 7 seconds is a vastly different discussion than, what should we do to ensure we run one final play with no turnovers to win?
Take the TO after 2nd down and hopefully somebody on the sideline could have figured out we could have just knelt down.

Epic ****up but guys on here *****ing about Mario saying he should have taken a TO are reaching.

My point exactly.

They didn't realize they could have just taken a knee so call a TO to figure out the math.

Calling a TO is a bad/wrong call ... especially since they were obviously brain dead at the moment.
Georgia tech gave them the opportunity to figure out the math two plays earlier when they called a timeout! And Mario’s explanation that the problem wasn’t running the ball on 1st and 2nd down, it was not taking a timeout on 3rd down to figure out the math at that time is insane. Just because we didn’t fumble on first and second down doesn’t make what Mario allowed to happen on those two plays incredibly unnecessary and risky.

The game was over when they got that first down and Mario should have known that and even in his press conference he didn’t. This isn’t rocket science man.

Advertisement
Georgia tech gave them the opportunity to figure out the math two plays earlier when they called a timeout! And Mario’s explanation that the problem wasn’t running the ball on 1st and 2nd down, it was not taking a timeout on 3rd down to figure out the math at that time is insane.

The game was over when they got that first down and Mario should have known that and even in his press conference he didn’t. This isn’t rocket science man.
Actually not correct.

If they took knees on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down there would have been 6-8 seconds left on the clock to have to try to execute a 4th down play like Bama did today.

I don’t know if it’s just about 100 yards for Chaney. I think Mario likes having a high rush yard # and rushing average and that’s why we literally haven’t taken a knee all year. Doesn’t make the decision better it’s stupid vanity, but I’m not sure it’s about Chaney and 100 yards
Have we been in a situation to other than tonight? Most blowouts with the second teamers in don’t kneel.

Advertisement
Have we been in a situation to other than tonight? Most blowouts with the second teamers in don’t kneel.
That’s a good point but I thought most coaches usually took a knee when they’re up by so much on the last possession of the game. I unfortunately mostly watch Miami football though so the times may have changed on that front

My point exactly.

Calling a TO isn't a bad/wrong call ... especially since they were obviously brain dead at the moment.

Take the TO after 2nd down and hopefully somebody on the sideline could have figured out we could have just knelt down.

Epic ****up but guys on here *****ing about Mario saying he should have taken a TO are reaching.
The fact that our HC has no idea going into the last drive that 2 first downs wins the game is the point. The opposing team had 2 timeouts and to this minute he still has no clue what that means. Spare me the timeout talk.

Actually not correct.

If they took knees on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down there would have been 6-8 seconds left on the clock to have to try to execute a 4th down play like Bama did today.
Oh my god. Thank god you aren’t in charge of clock management at Miami. There was 1:23 left on 1 and 10 when they ran the ball for the first time. The actual process of a knee takes about 3-4 seconds off the clock. 40 second play clock. The game was over. Tim hassleback even said it on first down.

Say we take the knee on 1st down. We have 1:20 left. No time outs. We knee again on second down. Clock goes down to about 37 seconds. Knee on third down and it’s over

Attachments

• IMG_8807.jpeg
    IMG_8807.jpeg
    476.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8808.png
    IMG_8808.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 0

I don’t know man. You get under a minute and the opposing team has no TOs, the game is over. Mario has been around CFB for three decades. He doesn’t need to discuss it. Trying to explain how he could’ve prevented it, just sounds dumb.

Advertisement
Back