Post Game Plus/Minus: Miami 70 - FAMU 3

View as article
Advertisement
Very loud at the beginning of the game when the crowd was fired up. Will be very loud for big games.

Absolutely. I was in section 347 and it was loud as ****. I really like the new stadium design and the canopy really helped keep in the noise. Crowd was impressive for a dud opponent to. Unfortunately I have to work during the FSU game :( but I can only imagine how loud it will be.

Easily the loudest 'cupcake' game I've been at.

Also the most complete deconstruction of another non-potato (i.e., fake FCS or lower division) team that I've witnessed, and it all started with the D-line. 'What year is it', indeed.

And Willis & Moten wasn't even in the mix tonight. So yeah, what a year it will be.

++ two perfect blocks setting up a bubble screen TD. James coley is crying bitter tears of impotent fury.

Advertisement
Great stuff,Dan. I agree that the biggest plus is the huge subtraction of Golden and company. Other than that the single biggest fact is simple -- our Dline got over the LOS and pillaged. DT push oline back and DE chasing QBs behind the LOS instead of downfield. To me, even that big gainer FAMU got dropping a pass over our line's penetration was great. That is one of the the types of plays that use to have any success against us in the day. Also one that eventually a DB would lay in wait for for a pick six.

The other big thing was sideline looked like it knew what it was doing for once. Mark looked very willing to run up the score. That is good sign. We need him to want old Cane glory he missed out on and to prove himself a NC caliber coach. He coaches with a chip and the player will play with that chip.

++ two perfect blocks setting up a bubble screen TD. James coley is crying bitter tears of impotent fury.

Agreed, first time in 5 years our WR's blocked on a bubble screen and we only ran it like one time.

No More Check with me BS at the line.

Offensive and Defensive Play calling was legit

No real false starts on 3rd down to kill drives

Ammon Richards is legit!!!

We have a full back!

Shaq is for real

J Johnson is for real

Colbert is a god send at the other corner position

Travis Homer may be our fastest RB..future looks bright

We didnt give up 200 yards rushing to a scrub team

Our TEs are legit

Pumping the breaks since it was FAMU but our team looked coached up for the first time in 10 years.

We never beat a cupcake this well under golden iirc. It was always like 45-20

We beat Savannah St 77-7.

..But I get what you mean. We've never looked so good. We've definitely never looked this good on defense. I swear seeing guys on D on the other side of the line for once brings a tear to my eye.

Savannah State lost to Georgia Southern 77-9 that year. They lost to Troy 66-3. They lost to Okie State 84-0 the year before.

Advertisement
No ******* ****** orange tie on the sidelines with a Fat pop warner coach next to him was the best takeaway I got last night.. Along with an Apple Eyeglass wearing dude calling plays.. ,

JC

Agreed, first time in 5 years our WR's blocked on a bubble screen and we only ran it like one time.

No More Check with me BS at the line.

Offensive and Defensive Play calling was legit

No real false starts on 3rd down to kill drives

Ammon Richards is legit!!!

We have a full back!

Shaq is for real

J Johnson is for real

Colbert is a god send at the other corner position

Travis Homer may be our fastest RB..future looks bright

We didnt give up 200 yards rushing to a scrub team

Our TEs are legit

Pumping the breaks since it was FAMU but our team looked coached up for the first time in 10 years.

All this. The team is still thin in too many spots, but if last night was any indicator, we've got s lot to look forward to.

Miami seemed to get a little lazy late in the second quarter. FAMU's cheap shot on Berrios reset the tone. No reason not to run up the score.

and for anyone wondering why starters were still in the game..

this is why, torch those mother****ers.. can't believe they were actually celebrating that ****

***** you lost by 67

Miami seemed to get a little lazy late in the second quarter. FAMU's cheap shot on Berrios reset the tone. No reason not to run up the score.

That wasn't a cheap shot and shouldn't have been a penalty in my opinion.

He called a fair catch and got smashed. That's a penalty at bare minimum.

There was a roughing penalty - Berrios called for a fair catch. The targeting call was debatable. The FAMU defender lead with his head but I don't know how you tackle otherwise. Error on the side of safety.

The FAMU defender also taunted and strutted afterwards.

F-HIM.

he hit him in the head, lead with the crow of his helmet, and launched himself t do it. He had all three parts of a targeting penalty. Kids have t know that big hits like that get you ejected. Mays' decleater was close. Looked worse on the replay.

Advertisement

We beat the dog **** out of Savannah state couple years ago

FAMU would beat that Savannah State team by 20. Georgia Southern beat them 54-0 today.

In following the Canes since the late '60s, Savannah State is the worst opponent I remember. They aren't a good comparison to anybody. The spread was 60.

It was like a high school game with a running clock in the second half. In fact, the 4th quarter was shortened to 12 minutes by mutual agreement of both teams. The Canes spent lots of time allowing the play clock to run down while staring at the sideline. Granted, we later did that with regularity under James Coley but at that point it was courtesy to Savannah State so we were less likely to score again.

We beat the dog **** out of Savannah state couple years ago

FAMU would beat that Savannah State team by 20. Georgia Southern beat them 54-0 today.

In following the Canes since the late '60s, Savannah State is the worst opponent I remember. They aren't a good comparison to anybody. The spread was 60.

It was like a high school game with a running clock in the second half. In fact, the 4th quarter was shortened to 12 minutes by mutual agreement of both teams. The Canes spent lots of time allowing the play clock to run down while staring at the sideline. Granted, we later did that with regularity under James Coley but at that point it was courtesy to Savannah State so we were less likely to score again.

You left out the part where you told everyone that was seated around you about how smart you think you are

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back