Post game perspective on Miami fan culture

Advertisement
They aren't perfect either but they have a lot more joy after victories than we do

When we won decisively this board was as delusionally excited as anyone. Check after ND. The problem is we haven’t been winning and are still showing a lot of signs of things that need to be changed.

Here’s how a focused team / player handles press and questions after every win in locker room.

We’re happy with this win we’ll take it we didn’t perform as well as we could, it’s behind us now , studying VT tendencies on the bus to airport with my unit and coaches.

Never talk about the team you just played minutes earlier it’s sump cost history waisted talk and energy always focused moving forward till ring ( ceremony) is put on your finger.

Always strengthening your focus like a blade being forged on an anvil till nothing affects your play .

Only players like Ed Reed , Playmaker and Rohan type players understand.

To go through motion players it’s ???? to them an alien mindset

GOCANES

Advertisement
I've been a Cane fan for 30+ years so I've seen the good and bad and what I see now is a program coming back to life but the expectation that they will be Clemson year one is stupid and demoralizes the players.
? for u;

We’ve both been fans for 30+. What makes u say u see our program coming back to life? I would argue 2017 have looked better than this yr’s team. We’re 6-1 (and I’m grateful), but we’re 6-1 by the skin of our teeth & coupled w/ some great breaks.

Two things can be true at the same time...

You can be happy we won & still be disappointed/upset at how bad the Defense played.

I'm ecstatic that we're 6-1 & I hope we keep winning, but I'm not gonna bury my head in the sand & pretend like there's not something seriously wrong with our Defense because there is.

I celebrate every win no matter how ugly or pretty, but criticism is warranted based on the lack of effort we're seeing Defensively & the failure of the so-called DC to correct it.

You think other Miami fans should be like UCF fans? Yes it’s definitely us and not you that’s the problem lmao

I know there's a lot of threads about the game last night but I bring a bit of a different perspective. I went to UCF and have watched them over the years as kind of a kid brother second team. As everyone knows they have won a ton a games and the biggest difference I see between them and Miami is that they celebrate every victory. almost all of their games end up forty something to forty something usually with them on top but they never moan and complain after winning. A win is a win and they celebrate each one like its the greatest thing ever. When I look at Miami even if they win by 20 you will see more than half the fans say they are garbage and put them down. The team is constantly ridiculed, slammed and degraded for each win and then we wonder why the players give up every year in the end. The fan and media culture in Miami is toxic to say the least and does a huge disservice to our players and coaches. If we want to see the Canes of old we need to start celebrating every victory like it's a bowl game and stop slamming the coaches and players by acting like they are losers after every game.

Just my 2cents, take it how you like
I know there's a lot of threads about the game last night but I bring a bit of a different perspective. I went to UCF and have watched them over the years as kind of a kid brother second team. As everyone knows they have won a ton a games and the biggest difference I see between them and Miami is that they celebrate every victory. almost all of their games end up forty something to forty something usually with them on top but they never moan and complain after winning. A win is a win and they celebrate each one like its the greatest thing ever. When I look at Miami even if they win by 20 you will see more than half the fans say they are garbage and put them down. The team is constantly ridiculed, slammed and degraded for each win and then we wonder why the players give up every year in the end. The fan and media culture in Miami is toxic to say the least and does a huge disservice to our players and coaches. If we want to see the Canes of old we need to start celebrating every victory like it's a bowl game and stop slamming the coaches and players by acting like they are losers after every game.

Just my 2cents, take it how you like
That is because this board is full of miserable ***s who have not been able to grow up since 2001

The reality is that Miami was the FSU of 2019 and we are the UCF of 2020.... but that’s an improvement.

This team has been in rebuild mode ever since golden and until we have the similar player star ratings to Clemson and Alabama we will be scratching to be a true top 5.

Advertisement
There's a guy who lives in my neighborhood who had an incident with drugs in his teen years and it left him mentally damaged. He mows lawns and does okay for himself. He's content and happy with his life and is a joy to be around. It's because he's happy for what he has, which is also the best he can reasonably hope to attain. That's UCF fans. We are capable of more and expect it.
You’re always as capable as your final score…

Reality bro

You’re always as capable as your final score…

Reality bro
Sure, we're 6-1, but we're capable of better performance getting there. Given last season, that's a huge accomplishment, but it's concerning that the side of the ball that wasn't a problem last year is this year. If we can get all aspects consistently working as well as they have when they've peaked, we'll be even better.

Basically, we have room for improvement.

Don't think our kids are demoralized by negativity from the fan base. In fact, generally speaking, over the last decade or so our players seem to think they're a lot better then they actually are. Hence the constant chirping, celebrating individual plays (often in defeat), and delusions of NFL grandeur (EE's).

Advertisement
? for u;

We’ve both been fans for 30+. What makes u say u see our program coming back to life? I would argue 2017 have looked better than this yr’s team. We’re 6-1 (and I’m grateful), but we’re 6-1 by the skin of our teeth & coupled w/ some great breaks.
I'd say we're in the same place we were in in 2017.

Winning close games, but a bit of a paper tiger because of how fragile one unit is.

The HC is in the same place too - he needs to make a decision on that fragile unit. It ultimately cost Richt his job (a guy that looked more and more burned out as the season went on). Let's see what Diaz does.

We could be on the precipice of something great - this programme needs stability and consistent winning seasons.

? for u;

Mainly the energy and recruiting classes give me hope for a return to dominance

Mainly the energy and recruiting classes give me hope for a return to dominance
But did we not have that energy & a sick recruiting class in 2018 after the 2017 season? I mean, that was the intro of the TO Chain, and we were vying for a CFP spot.

Advertisement
But did we not have that energy & a sick recruiting class in 2018 after the 2017 season? I mean, that was the intro of the TO Chain, and we were vying for a CFP spot.
We also had baby Richt as the Qb coach which destroyed us at the most important position

When we won decisively this board was as delusionally excited as anyone. Check after ND. The problem is we haven’t been winning and are still showing a lot of signs of things that need to be changed.
Very sorry take. Polish it up...

Players do not fold at the end of the year because of fan culture.

Advertisement
Back