Post Dorsey: Miami QBs vs Ranked Opponents

Here’s the stats for any QB to start 5 or more games vs top 25 opponents after Dorsey graduated.

I’ll let you draw your own conclusions

Brock Berlin -11 games (8-3 record)
- 210 YPG, 11TDs, 16INTs
- 22 PPG

Kyle Wright - 12 games (3-9 record)
- 175 YPG, 10TDs, 12INTs
- 15 PPG

Jacory Harris - 10 games (5-5 record)
- 220 YPG, 16 TDs & 13INTs
- 24 PPG

Stephen Morris - 7 games (1-6 record)
185 YPG, 6 TDs, 7ints
- 12 PPG (yikes)

Brad Kaaya - 8 games (1-7 record)
265 YPG, 17TDs & 8INTs
- 21 PPG

Malik Rosier - 6 games (3-3 record)
230 YPG, 10TDs, 11INTs
- 24 PPG

Van Dyke - 5 starts (3-2 record)
340 YPG, 16TDs, 3INTs
- 31 PPG
TVD has been very good for this program.

The last 2 games, he has been abysmal. He still has some issues reading coverages but he has been very good overall. Here are his career game splits:

1697490244805.png

North Carolina has been his bogey team in the ACC.

Advertisement
You put Berlin in our current offense and he EATS, we are undefeated and he is lowkey a Heisman candidate.
You put TVD in Berlin’s time period and Coker is fired sooner. TVD might not even start in that era since he would struggle in pro style offense imo.

TVD is not bad. But 2 of the tds he had Sat were garbage time and inflated his stats. If we are to have a winning record over the remaining games this season, he’s going to have to show some wrinkles to his game to throw off the HEAVY tendencies he‘s developed and will be game planned for.

He got lucky with that late TD to X in triple coverage. If he keeps forciing it to X and he’s just as likely to throw a INT as a TD moving forward.

You put Berlin in our current offense and he EATS, we are undefeated and he is lowkey a Heisman candidate.
You put TVD in Berlin’s time period and Coker is fired sooner. TVD might not even start in that era since he would struggle in pro style offense imo.

TVD is not bad. But 2 of the tds he had Sat were garbage time and inflated his stats. If we are to have a winning record over the remaining games this season, he’s going to have to show some wrinkles to his game to throw off the HEAVY tendencies he‘s developed and will be game planned for.

He got lucky with that late TD to X in triple coverage. If he keeps forciing it to X and he’s just as likely to throw a INT as a TD moving forward.
So he struggles with consistency from time to time… But when he’s on he’s the best QB we’ve had since Dorsey and it’s really not close.

A&Ms last four games? Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas & Auburn - all four teams combined for 5 TDs passing - TVD did that alone.

Lol that was a effin dot lol but i agree overall he has to spread the ball

Advertisement
TVD has been very good for this program.

The last 2 games, he has been abysmal. He still has some issues reading coverages but he has been very good overall. Here are his career game splits:

View attachment 261604

North Carolina has been his bogey team in the ACC.

TVD gets wayyyyyy too much hate on here IMO.

He's a good QB.

One thing that isn't mentioned enough is him having 3 offensive coordinators the last 3 seasons.

Tough to gel and get comfortable with a system when it's constantly changing.

BAMA wanted him for a reason and it's not because he sucks

TVD gets wayyyyyy too much hate on here IMO.

He's a good QB.

One thing that isn't mentioned enough is him having 3 offensive coordinators the last 3 seasons.

Tough to gel and get comfortable with a system when it's constantly changing.

BAMA wanted him for a reason and it's not because he sucks
Jacory had 3 OCs as well....but doesn't seem to get a pass.

No he isn't.....Berlin was wayyy better than TVD.....If Clappy would have kept him in the Shotgun, and not under center he'd of been even better. 5-0 vs FSU & UF....

Dorsey himself is pretty overrated, and I really honestly think his quarterbacking had about as much to do with the 2000-02 success as Larry Coker’s coaching did. He was an okayish quarterback who had a Pro Bowl supporting cast. Why do you think he was selected in the seventh round?

Of course, most of our QBs since Dorsey (the exceptions being Kaaya and arguably Stephen Morris) haven’t even been mediocre. Brock Berlin actually sucked, and I don’t know why people forget that he was put into shotgun in other games and never did well. He only did well against UF because that was his first game in shotgun and the Gators were totally unprepared for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dorsey himself is pretty overrated, and I really honestly think his quarterbacking had about as much to do with the 2000-02 success as Larry Coker’s coaching did. He was an okayish quarterback who had a Pro Bowl supporting cast. Why do you think he was selected in the seventh round?

Of course, most of our QBs since Dorsey (the exceptions being Kaaya and arguably Stephen Morris) haven’t even been mediocre. Brock Berlin actually sucked, and I don’t know why people forget that he was put into shotgun in other games and never did well. He only did well against UF because that was his first game in shotgun and the Gators were totally unprepared for it.
Dorsey was not overrated. His teammates who played with Peyton Manning often said, he had a mind like Peyton Manning. Had he had Peyton's arm, he would have been a number 1 overall pick. Dorsey had physical limitations, but there's a reason he has been successful as a QB coach and an NFL offensive coordinator.

Advertisement
Here’s the stats for any QB to start 5 or more games vs top 25 opponents after Dorsey graduated.

I’ll let you draw your own conclusions

Brock Berlin -11 games (8-3 record)
- 210 YPG, 11TDs, 16INTs
- 22 PPG

Kyle Wright - 12 games (3-9 record)
- 175 YPG, 10TDs, 12INTs
- 15 PPG

Jacory Harris - 10 games (5-5 record)
- 220 YPG, 16 TDs & 13INTs
- 24 PPG

Stephen Morris - 7 games (1-6 record)
185 YPG, 6 TDs, 7ints
- 12 PPG (yikes)

Brad Kaaya - 8 games (1-7 record)
265 YPG, 17TDs & 8INTs
- 21 PPG

Malik Rosier - 6 games (3-3 record)
230 YPG, 10TDs, 11INTs
- 24 PPG

Van Dyke - 5 starts (3-2 record)
340 YPG, 16TDs, 3INTs
- 31 PPG
Kaaya and Morris considered two of the best we’ve had and are 2-13 against ranked teams lol. Brutal.

Dorsey was not overrated. His teammates who played with Peyton Manning often said, he had a mind like Peyton Manning. Had he had Peyton's arm, he would have been a number 1 overall pick. Dorsey had physical limitations, but there's a reason he has been successful as a QB coach and an NFL offensive coordinator.
I wasn't even going to respond to his stupidity....

Troll game D-

Advertisement
Back