Possible repercussions of fsu being left out?

I'm absolutely thrilled that FSU got left out. I'm not like some fans that wanted FSU to go undefeated and potentially get screwed out of the playoffs. I want that program in a dismal state. It's wild that people are clamoring for FSU to be included from the Miami side of the fanbase. As has been mentioned multiple times, we got screwed in the BCS back in 2000 from the natty. Outside of our fanbase, no one gave two ***** about Miami being left out.
Hey man if I had done a video it will be just laughing at them and that’s it lol

Advertisement
My argument is that nearly every facet of the scenario that played out, is bad for Miami.

-FSU beating UF: Bad for Miami as opposed to the alternative.
-FSU beating Louisville: Bad for Miami cuz they look better.
-FSU winning the ACC is bad for Miami
-FSU getting left out the Playoffs is good for Miami
-The optics of the undefeated ACC champ being left out, shows the conference is not respected by voters and can be a recruiting angle against us (as opposed to a 2 loss ACC champ simply not winning enough games).
Only thing I'd say is the first point is a push. We go against UF for some recruits as well, they could say they beat FSU where Miami couldn't. But that's always the case with those games if Miami doesn't beat FSU.

My argument is that nearly every facet of the scenario that played out, is bad for Miami.

-FSU beating UF: Bad for Miami as opposed to the alternative.
-FSU beating Louisville: Bad for Miami cuz they look better.
-FSU winning the ACC is bad for Miami
-FSU getting left out the Playoffs is good for Miami
-The optics of the undefeated ACC champ being left out, shows the conference is not respected by voters and can be a recruiting angle against us (as opposed to a 2 loss ACC champ simply not winning enough games).
I agree with all of that, but the fact that FSU is grossly butthurt over the CFP far and away makes up for the optics. Maybe when Manny was recruiting it would've hurt, but Mario's done more with less.

Norvell caught lightning in a bottle this year

They know they won't have the team next year to do this again

The point of starting a playoff system was to take opinions and decision making out of the process and what we have now is the polar opposite of why we started the playoff system.

Advertisement
Will be kinda hard for an undefeated ACC champion to get left out of a 12 team playoff

But it will be easy as sh-t to not put a 1-2 loss non conference champ ACC team over a 2-3 loss non conference champ SEC/B1G team. And that’s what yesterday signaled to everyone. If you aren’t an undefeated team from outside the SEC/B1G, then you aren’t getting in the 12 team playoff.

This f-cks us considerably and by pointing this out, people on this board thinks this is support for FSU. They’re dumb as a box of f-ing rocks and are more concerned about hating on FSU than being concerned about how FSU being left out f-cks us over too.

The Jordan Travis injury was gruesome and obvious so in this situation FSU couldn’t lie about it, but this precedent incentivizes teams to stop disclosing less visible injuries late in the season. I expect fringe playoff teams next year, teams in the 8-16 range to stop sharing injury information late in the season.

FSU can hang their hats on making it into the playoffs, since we go against them for a lot of recruits, I'd rather Norvell not being able to say that they made the CFP playoffs. You do realize that UGA is probably going to work FSU over even worst than Michigan possibly could, right?
They earned it, and fair is fair. Yes, Georgia will probably work them over, as would Michigan. Getting stomped in the playoffs would have exposed them as frauds. Getting stomped by Georgia, then claiming they had no interest in being there, isn't quite the same. I wanted them whooped where it mattered.

Now watch them beat Georgia worse than Alabama. Holy ****, I don't think I'd want to deal with that BS for the next 20 years. **** no, I don't think they will, but what if Georgia decides to show up less than FSU?

They earned it, and fair is fair. Yes, Georgia will probably work them over, as would Michigan. Getting stomped in the playoffs would have exposed them as frauds. Getting stomped by Georgia, then claiming they had no interest in being there, isn't quite the same. I wanted them whooped where it mattered.

Now watch them beat Georgia worse than Alabama. Holy ****, I don't think I'd want to deal with that BS for the next 20 years. **** no, I don't think they will, but what if Georgia decides to show up less than FSU?
You can say they earn it all you want, the committee disagrees, and their opinion matters the most. You don't get to have the abysmal last few years that FSU has, just to go undefeated in the regular season and decide that you want to take the Orange Bowl off against UGA; who actually has more of a reason to be unmotivated than FSU.

Advertisement
You can say they earn it all you want, the committee disagrees, and their opinion matters the most. You don't get to have the abysmal last few years that FSU has, just to go undefeated in the regular season and decide that you want to take the Orange Bowl off against UGA; who actually has more of a reason to be unmotivated than FSU.
Not sure if you know this or not, but committees get it wrong.

teams arent going to clinch anything until championship games are played, aka the last game of the season, so the premise is mostly baseless. plus Im sure schools want to host 1st round games instead of travelling so there's still things worth playing for.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back