Possible oc candidates

Advertisement
Mean while no news if Manny is reaching out to any OC. He probably went to Frenk's goonies and said listen, Since I was the DC as well as the HC last year and that unit improved from last team in missed tackles to 2nd to last team in missed tackles, I will save the university money and be the OC as well. And the goonies above will be like um....ok.

In no particular order, some that seem to be getting talked about more online.

Tom Manning-Iowa State
Jeff Brohm- Perdue
Warren Ruggierio- Wake
Zak Hill- Az State
Andy Ludwig- Utah
Mike Leach- Miss State
Darrell ****ey- A&M
Not sure if joking.
Leach as an OC?
Brohm as an OC?

Do I need to explain why they won’t be coming here?

If it’s Mario, I just don’t see a world on which he goes full air raid.
He want to be able to run the ball, control clock. I can’t remember offences that were passing inclined.
This may be limited by his ability to recruit a QB, but the constant narrative is that he held back Herbert.
If you want air raid, you probably don’t want Mario as the head guy.

Advertisement
I think he would be a better hire than Napier. It could be that he's a better OC than a HC at the P5 level, or it could be that Texas is a gigantic mess and pretty much anyone would fail there.
Texas expectations were way too high. Would have been better off keeping him for a few more years. Other problem is Texas has some of thr best football players in high school at the high-school level they aren't always the best athletes. Florida has the opposite some of the best athletes who just need some coaching at the college level. Someone goes to Texas and tells the boosters to $uck off and recruit nationally instead of just Texas they could be a power house again.

Herman would be fantastic here recruiting and coaching.

Not sure if joking.
Leach as an OC?
Brohm as an OC?

Do I need to explain why they won’t be coming here?
This wasnt my list, nor did I say necessarily coming here. "In no particular order, some that seem to be getting talked about more online". Thats what some online forums/lists had.

Yep. Trask was Top 10 in the country in every category last year, including attempts per game. His handing of 5 and 15 was baffling this year, but I think a lot of that had to do with AR's health. But when he had a legit passer last year, he threw it 35 times a game. Dan can coach offense, for sure.

Dan is also a terrible recruiter and terrible evaluator. Look at his roster. Look their QB play. Look at his current employment status. He went all in for Carson Beck too. And the only hit he had, Trask, only got run because Franks got hurt. He lucked into a NFL recruit and still almost screwed it up.

Why in gods holy earth do people think Mario would put up with an arrogant, lazy recruiter like Mullen? That is NOT the staff we are going to be building here.

Advertisement
This wasnt my list, nor did I say necessarily coming here. "In no particular order, some that seem to be getting talked about more online". Thats what some online forums/lists had.
Ok.
Brohm got extended. I would love him as an OC, but that is not his trajectory. He could be in that next pool of coaches to make the leap. After the fickell’s and the Campbell’s of the world.

I will be interested to see where Leach’s next stop is. I thought he may struggle at Miss St, but arrow up for the cow bells. He is running the ball too.

Ruggiero is one of, if not the best, in the entire country - I think @Zbrod95 and I have been calling for him on here dating back several years. Don't see him leaving Clawson.
I would prefer to stick to someone who is air raid or has shown a willingness to throw the ball down field - especially with TVD
There's got to be some shakeup coming to UNC - if he's not Head coach in waiting already I would love to see Phil Longo here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ruggiero is one of, if not the best, in the entire country - I think @Zbrod95 and I have been calling for him on here dating back several years. Don't see him leaving Clawson.
I would prefer to stick to someone who is air raid or has shown a willingness to throw the ball down field - especially with TVD
There's got to be some shakeup coming to UNC - if he's not Head coach in waiting already I would love to see Phil Longo here
I have. really good OC but he's not coming to be a 1 year rental.

Brought his Q and top WRs with him for a nice transition. He definitely should get a look from high level G5’s and low level P5s.
Auburn mods brought him up as a new name to keep an eye on for the open OC spot. AU fans immediately brought up the (lack of) rushing numbers. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Back