Possible oc candidates

Advertisement
Dan is also a terrible recruiter and terrible evaluator. Look at his roster. Look their QB play. Look at his current employment status. He went all in for Carson Beck too. And the only hit he had, Trask, only got run because Franks got hurt. He lucked into a NFL recruit and still almost screwed it up.

Why in gods holy earth do people think Mario would put up with an arrogant, lazy recruiter like Mullen? That is NOT the staff we are going to be building here.

If Zo is evaluating the recruits (which he's done professionally for 2 decades), and Mario is 'buying the groceries' (for which he's been called ELITE), why do you care if our OC is a lazy recruiter?

Truthfully, if Zo signs off on a kid, and Mario gets the kid to sign, that leaves an X&O guy like Mullen all the time to gameplan and get the most out of our current roster (which he's done well at both UF and MSST). Mario isn't a tactician. I'd rather have an OC that is, regardless of his recruiting prowess.

Ealier, I posted that Mullen and Herman would be my first two phone calls. Both are quirky, yes, but both also have led elite offenses for Urban Meyer at UF and OSU, respectfully. TVD may have more natural tools than either coach has ever had before. Mix in Chaney, Knighton, and some help via the portal (again, this would be Mario's department) and we could have one of the top offenses in the nation. Mullen and Herman would be the perfect fits, IMO. All they'd have to do is run our offense, which is a position both have been very successful at before.

And for a guy like Mullen, what does he have to lose? His buyout isn't affected one bit if he takes a coaching position. And why not give your former employer a kick to the nuts but helping their competition?

Leave the emotions at home.

Why not a fan of his?

All good here. I actually been an Auburn fan the last two seasons How are you?

Smart guy but doesn't "get" big time athletics. At least not at schools that want to win. He's a pinchy pincher. Trying to cut costs. Keeping tabs on copy paper. Trying to get teams to ride the bus when they normally fly. A few coaches of various sports got together and complained on him. He's doing everything he can to get out of AU. AU is far from perfect and I can only imagine the environment he's in, but he hasn't done himself any favors either.

Advertisement
If Zo is evaluating the recruits (which he's done professionally for 2 decades), and Mario is 'buying the groceries' (for which he's been called ELITE), why do you care if our OC is a lazy recruiter?

Truthfully, if Zo signs off on a kid, and Mario gets the kid to sign, that leaves an X&O guy like Mullen all the time to gameplan and get the most out of our current roster (which he's done well at both UF and MSST). Mario isn't a tactician. I'd rather have an OC that is, regardless of his recruiting prowess.

Ealier, I posted that Mullen and Herman would be my first two phone calls. Both are quirky, yes, but both also have led elite offenses for Urban Meyer at UF and OSU, respectfully. TVD may have more natural tools than either coach has ever had before. Mix in Chaney, Knighton, and some help via the portal (again, this would be Mario's department) and we could have one of the top offenses in the nation. Mullen and Herman would be the perfect fits, IMO. All they'd have to do is run our offense, which is a position both have been very successful at before.

And for a guy like Mullen, what does he have to lose? His buyout isn't affected one bit if he takes a coaching position. And why not give your former employer a kick to the nuts but helping their competition?

Wow. Lots of reasons I would "care if our OC is a lazy recruiter." And for the record, I can't believe I actually have to justify this.

For one, you don't want a lazy recruiter infecting your staff. I don't think you understand how much energy and importance Mario puts into recruiting. You have 10 guys going balls to the walls and then you have... Mullen making his silly jokes? No.

Secondly, you just cant have a lazy OC/QB coach who won't work hard in recruiting and isn't good at it. The HC shouldn't have to do both their jobs. And Mullen does not share Mario's recruiting philosophies. Bad fit. There are great OC candidates out there who aren't smug, goofy, arrogant pricks and are willing to work their *** off for the program. Dan is not close to being one of them. Herman would be a coup.

Do better next time.

Say if we do get a new coach . Who are some oc names we could go after?

One that has been under the radar the last few seasons and was previously head coach at oregon is mark helfrich. He’s only 48 and had great offenses at oregon.

I like Lebby from ole miss but I think He’s going to be a head coach soon honestly
Not playing this game till ones hired, we still don’t even have a as ad. The oc Kiffin would bring would be much different than Mario’s imo

Advertisement
What can we get for $2 million? Saw in another post Mario is going to have $4 mil for coordinators

I want Art Briles
Funny story, I was studying abroad in Florence, Italy during the fall of 2019 and some of my teammates and I would go to this American bar on the weekends to watch football. We became regulars and one Sunday, the manager comes over and points out a guy in a booth behind us.

It’s Art Briles, and he’d been coaching some football team in Florence that year. I had literally no idea he had gone overseas 🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mullen. He may be weird as ****, but he's a legit playcaller and QB guy. He would figure out a way to maximize TVD. Just keep him away from recruiting. Let him be the tactical guy, have your position coaches do the heavy lifting. I'd also look at Brady as a QB coach, to team with Mullen.

Lmao what

Advertisement
Back