Possible new WR coach....

Advertisement
mcnulty460.jpg

I feel like it would take a lot of money to get him to come back to college, he may only want to come back as an OC.

19.png

Advertisement
Did Lubick turn the job down? If not, I would make him turn it down.

McNulty would be a great choice, and he could certainly transition immediately into the OC gig when Fishbag splits. Unfortunately, he will likely wait around until all the NFL gigs are filled.

Tampa Bay has an open WR coach position with PJ Fleck going to Western Michigan. Expect McNulty to rejoin Schiano's staff - it makes too much sense. Why would he opt for a college position coach job?

Because Monkey Boy has the Yuc's players asking to "send him back to college". That and his pro claim to fame thus far is his cheap shot end of game play.

Advertisement
You gotta believe that we're gonna have our WR coach soon due to the recent NFL firings

That is what some folks have said, and there have been a few NFL staffs fired today.
However, I don't see many potential WR coaches.
Most of them seem to be former long-time NFL lifer types.
The closest I can see is Daryl Drake who was with the Bears and coached many years in college, most recently at Texas under Brown.
You do have Shawn Jefferson who was let go by the Lions. He has ties to state of Florida as he's a UCF grad, and I think coached one year
at Raines HS in Jacksonville, but not much college experience aside from his UCF days.
You do have Kevin Patullo from the Buffalo Bills' staff.
He has some ties to Florida by way of USF and Western HS in Broward County.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/kevin-patullo/72014e4d-43da-4522-adac-854547d6293a

Jeremy Bates QB coach for the Chicago Bears? Not sure if he's gone with Lovie Smith being fired. Fisch worked under Bates with the Seattle Seahawks before joining the Canes. Could be a possibility if he and Fisch had a good relationship (he's about Fisch's age with a somewhat similar resume to this point). Limited college experience though (one year at USC I think).

Jeremy Bates QB coach for the Chicago Bears? Not sure if he's gone with Lovie Smith being fired. Fisch worked under Bates with the Seattle Seahawks before joining the Canes. Could be a possibility if he and Fisch had a good relationship (he's about Fisch's age with a somewhat similar resume to this point). Limited college experience though (one year at USC I think).

Jesus Christ guys.......former NFL Offensive Coordinators aren't going to come to the University of Miami as a position coach.

Jesus Christ guys.......former NFL Offensive Coordinators aren't going to come to the University of Miami as a position coach.

Well, former NFL OC aren't normally completely out of coaching for a year either, but Bates was after getting fired by Seattle (because he was "unable to find a coaching job at the pro level" http://chicago.sbnation.com/2012/11/29/3707984/jeremy-bates-bears-qb-coach-chicago . The point was the connection to Fisch and potential need to be employed for Bates.

Advertisement
Because Monkey Boy has the Yuc's players asking to "send him back to college". That and his pro claim to fame thus far is his cheap shot end of game play.

McNulty was Schiano's best OC at Rutgers and Schiano actually wanted to hire him for the Bucs OC job last year. I'm pretty sure they get along just fine. With the Bucs current OC, Mike Sullivan, getting HC interviews around the league, it's probably just a matter of time before McNulty joins the Tampa staff as either the OC or the WR coach.

Well, former NFL OC aren't normally completely out of coaching for a year either, but Bates was after getting fired by Seattle (because he was "unable to find a coaching job at the pro level" http://chicago.sbnation.com/2012/11/29/3707984/jeremy-bates-bears-qb-coach-chicago . The point was the connection to Fisch and potential need to be employed for Bates.

They are more likely to be completely out of coaching, then they are to return to college as a position coach. It's just retarded to even contemplate.

Advertisement
I still think Shawn Jefferson(Lions) will be the wr coach, he just got canned.

So I flip over to the Big10 channel, and they are replaying the 2000 Rose Bowl contest between Wisconsin and STanford, and I'm watching because
Troy Walters is playing.
Walters was on the NCSTate staff that just got fired, and some folks have mentioned as a possibility.
Geez man, I need to get a life. :)

So I flip over to the Big10 channel, and they are replaying the 2000 Rose Bowl contest between Wisconsin and STanford, and I'm watching because
Troy Walters is playing.
Walters was on the NCSTate staff that just got fired, and some folks have mentioned as a possibility.
Geez man, I need to get a life. :)

Just a hunch, but I think he may be our guy. What's not to like?

a dozen NFL coaches canned, there are likely to be several NFL WR pos. coaches looking for jobs, if Lubedick passes us up then go after one of them

Advertisement
Back