Possible new WR coach....

Advertisement
Not an upgrade over McDonald lets be real

GM was a good coach and got paid nothing more

We just need somebody to tach FUNDAMENTALS. The kids on our roster have elite talent but are knuckleheads sometimes

Is this an opinion or is this something that is happening behind the scenes?

GM is a good ell respected coach who has NFL experience

And yes our WR group loses focus sometimes. False starts on WR's should not happen. And dropping wide open TD's back to back is focus. Also, some of our guys like to catch with their chest pads. No bueno

Whoever comes in needs to just teach these kids to catch the ball first.

Advertisement
The name was first mentioned by MedleyCane (basically the Godfather of Coaching candidates, lol) and, as was mentioned then, I'm not entirely sure Lubick would view it as an upgrade. He's on the fast track to be an offensive coordinator. He's already the "passing game coordinator" for Duke. Unless Golden and Fisch sell him on the fact he'd be the next O-Coordinator at Miami and in relatively short time, I think it's a tossup as to whether it'd be viewed as a promotion.

I know, I know..."Miami >>>>> Duke," bro. And all that. But, this is a job. Whatever way to get him to be an O-Coordinator quicker is likely the path he'll take.

The name was first mentioned by MedleyCane (basically the Godfather of Coaching candidates, lol) and, as was mentioned then, I'm not entirely sure Lubick would view it as an upgrade. He's on the fast track to be an offensive coordinator. He's already the "passing game coordinator" for Duke. Unless Golden and Fisch sell him on the fact he'd be the next O-Coordinator at Miami and in relatively short time, I think it's a tossup as to whether it'd be viewed as a promotion.

I know, I know..."Miami >>>>> Duke," bro. And all that. But, this is a job. Whatever way to get him to be an O-Coordinator quicker is likely the path he'll take.

I don't think there's any question that he'd be made the passing game coordinator here just like McDonald was. We could give him a raise. He could be assured to be the next OC. And UM is a monster upgrade in the corching ranks over Duke. Very definitely, this would be a promotion for him.

Advertisement

I don't think there's any question that he'd be made the passing game coordinator here just like McDonald was. We could give him a raise. He could be assured to be the next OC. And UM is a monster upgrade in the corching ranks over Duke. Very definitely, this would be a promotion for him.

Plus puke loses their QB and Vernon. Lubedick needs to strike while his stock is high

Advertisement

Duke's current OC Kurt Roper has been with Cutcliffe a long time. He will continue to be his OC and that position is basically blocked for Lubick right now.

Plus puke loses their QB and Vernon. Lubedick needs to strike while his stock is high

C*ntsniff isn't firing his OC any time soon either. That dude will be with him as long as he wants to be. Seems like a no-brainer to me if Alshermond offers him. Come here and be the WR corch/passing game coordinator for a year or two until Fishface leaves for a HC gig or an NFL OC gig, then take over as OC.

Advertisement

If he's not in line to get an OC gig at another school after the coaching carousel finishes, he'd be dumb not to take the UM gig if offered.

Feel like I read this exact thread about a week ago

18.png

The name was first mentioned by MedleyCane (basically the Godfather of Coaching candidates, lol) and, as was mentioned then, I'm not entirely sure Lubick would view it as an upgrade. He's on the fast track to be an offensive coordinator. He's already the "passing game coordinator" for Duke. Unless Golden and Fisch sell him on the fact he'd be the next O-Coordinator at Miami and in relatively short time, I think it's a tossup as to whether it'd be viewed as a promotion. <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
If he's not in line to get an OC gig at another school after the coaching carousel finishes, he'd be dumb not to take the UM gig if offered.
<br>
<br>
This is more along the lines of what I meant. Obviously, same position at UM > same position at Duke. However, this seems like a guy who's ready to be an OC. So, unless Golden explains Fisch will be gone in a year or two (which may be true), I'm not sure he'd come here to be a WR coach when he can cut his teeth as an OC somewhere else (even if a "lesser" school).<br>
<br>
Whatever the case may be, this guy has been a recruiting coordinator and we need someone who can be an heir apparent to Fischhead.

We just need a coach that teaches very good fundamentals

A coach at Duke is a good idea especially given the fact that Duke's WR's are VERY productive even tho they are not gifted athletes like those at FSU or Miami.

They are taught to run good routes and secure the football before making a move. We need somebody to teach our horses fundamentals

Advertisement
Back