Possible new WR coach....

So I flip over to the Big10 channel, and they are replaying the 2000 Rose Bowl contest between Wisconsin and STanford, and I'm watching because
Troy Walters is playing.
Walters was on the NCSTate staff that just got fired, and some folks have mentioned as a possibility.
Geez man, I need to get a life. :)

Just a hunch, but I think he may be our guy. What's not to like?

The only concern I would have would be his ability to recruit, and that is only a concern
because he hasn't been coaching for a long-time.
Can he connect with the HS kids?
Is he willing to outwork the competition?
Those sort of questions.
Otherwise, I like the fact that he has played in the NFL, exposed to some very good offensive
systems including the West Coast offense, and that he is the son of a long-time college/NFL coach.

Advertisement
I would love to see us nab Shawn jefferson now that he is available after his time with the NFL lions.

Advertisement
Mike Groh is Al's son. Currently at Bama as WR coach and recruiting CO. Connections are there, not sure about the interest would be. Could be why there has been a delay also.

Just a thought I got reading an article about Al Groh. Again NO inside info.

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/groh_mike00.html

Why would he leave ALabama to take on the same gig (minus recruiting coord) at UM?

just throwing it at the wall to see if anything sticks...lol

Trust me on this... We don't want this guy. Bad attitude. Not a good fit. Know him a bit personally.

If his last name wasn't Groh he'd be coaching Pop Warner..

Do me a favor.. Ask Virginia fans how the feel about him.

JC

Advertisement
My name for a wr coach, up for consumption is shawn jefferson, now that he is available after his time with the NFL lions. He has so fla connections and also solid nfl experience. Having megatron certainly pads the resume however he is a great coach and connects well with the young ppl.

Last edited:
Trust me on this... We don't want this guy. Bad attitude. Not a good fit. Know him a bit personally.

JC

Where the **** in Jersey am I going to find one of those? LOL

Mike Groh is Al's son. Currently at Bama as WR coach and recruiting CO. Connections are there, not sure about the interest would be. Could be why there has been a delay also.

Why would he leave ALabama to take on the same gig (minus recruiting coord) at UM?

I was thinking the same thing.

JC

I don't care what inconsequential UVA fans think of him. What Alabama and their recent success and Nick Saban think is more relevant IMHO.

Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing.

Chizzy-Do you feel our Wide Receiver coach will be a good one?

There was an article linked on ESPN ACC blog about Al Groh voicing his displeasure regarding the unprofessional nature of the Georgia Tech program. In the article he mentions how content his son is at Alabama because he feels it is the best professional experience for him. The long and the short of it is that there is no way Mike would leave 'bama for anything but a big time OC position or HC position, which he will likely get a few years from now.

JC

I don't care what inconsequential UVA fans think of him. What Alabama and their recent success and Nick Saban think is more relevant IMHO.

alabama wr's suck....

theres a reason when he verbaled that i said Amari Cooper would be a starting wr up there from day one.

Advertisement
So I flip over to the Big10 channel, and they are replaying the 2000 Rose Bowl contest between Wisconsin and STanford, and I'm watching because
Troy Walters is playing.
Walters was on the NCSTate staff that just got fired, and some folks have mentioned as a possibility.
Geez man, I need to get a life. :)

Just a hunch, but I think he may be our guy. What's not to like?

Walters will be coaching WRs for the Colorado Buffaloes:

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Colorado: Troy Walters will be the wide receivers coach at Colorado. Walters coached the receivers at NC State this past season and at A&M before that.

Advertisement
Back