Possible Miami vs Bama matchup??

It would primarily come down to:

1) their DL against our OL. If our RBs continued to really block hard & our TEs helped our OTs, we could hang with them;
2) tackling really well against a physical team;
3) Enos opening up the playbook & not being conservative (which would result in a loss as they would crowd the box & make things really hard for us); and
4) making FGs.

If Duke hung with them for a half, there's no reason we couldn't but the team & the City would have to really bring it.

Your point No. 2 above. Miami faced Wisconsin TWICE and was out muscled in the trenches! Ouch. So this is one lone wacko that says no to a possible meeting with Lord Saban's nasty squad.

Advertisement
Well, you have to think that playing Alabama in your home stadium, especially when you have a month to prepare, would be a **** of a productive motivator. Every practice would become as intense and productive as reasonably possible since the players would absolutely love having the chance to prove themselves against some of the best. So I'm all for it; even if we'll probably lose, I want Bama.
Yeah, it worked so well opening as the only game on to a national audience as TNM vs. our instate rival. I'm sure the players will really be flying around out there!

Advertisement
Your point No. 2 above. Miami faced Wisconsin TWICE and was out muscled in the trenches! Ouch. So this is one lone wacko that says no to a possible meeting with Lord Saban's nasty squad.
Yes there is, we are still terrible and barely could beat the worst team in Michigan. I swear this place swings worse than a fat couple from the suburbs. Now all of a sudden we have a chance against bama. They would skull **** us like 70-0!

Advertisement
Anyone who might be looking forward to this potential matchup is messed up.

Not only would we not score a single point, but our O-line would give up 15 sacks and Jarren would be dead and buried at the stadium.

It would be so detrimental for recruiting and the offseason to end like that.
tenor (3).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate this mentality of not wanting to play certain teams for fear of losing. That's the definition of a loser's mentality.

You guys want to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bama for recruiting, but you're afraid to play them? Why? We truly have no downside because we'd be a pretty decent underdog. The pressure is on Bama to bury us, which if they do was supposed to happen anyway.

I say let's play.

I would love to see what this team does against a top tier team at the end of the season. But I think Bama pushes our **** in, with or without tua.

That would be awesome to play Bama at our home stadium as huge dogs. Enos should sure as **** be able to help Blake. We keep it respectable and it’s a win. We win and it’s potentially program changing with how deep 2021 is in South FL on defense.

Advertisement
Back