Possible Miami vs Bama matchup??

I can see it now. Vegas comes out with an opening line of Roll Tide, Roll... - 14 1/2. OUCH. Then the smart money Wise Guys jack up the line to... - 16 1/2.:6fps6: And by game time the line is... Roll Tide - 17.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pro:

- if we finish the season with a lot of momentum, there is no doubt in my mind that our guys, especially our seniors, will come ready to play. They will be really motivated to salvage the season and make a statement. On the flip side, I don’t think Bama would be excited to play us and might play deflated. However, them playing deflated is still better than any team we played all year.

Con:

- I still don’t think we’re ready for a team like that. And if we lose, or even get blown out, then it totally destroys the momentum we’ve built to end the season.

A one loss team versus a FOUR loss team in a major bowl?? :unsure:
not gonna happen1.gif

and IF it did......Bama would crush us.....we're just not ready now to compete at that level....maybe sometime down the road...but not now

Last edited:
Advertisement
They would be missing half their team. So it’s no big deal when you win, and even more embarrassing if you lose.

Y’all really think beating their backups means anything? The media would laugh if someone asked how did Bama lose to Miami. They run cover for SEC teams every bowl season.

This is something that would go across ESPN’s bottom line, “Mizzou got hammered by Oregon St bc they didn’t have anything to play for. They had playoff aspirations and it just didn’t work out.”
Yes s*** that ridiculous would be spewed over and over again by those SEC shills

They would be missing half their team. So it’s no big deal when you win, and even more embarrassing if you lose.

Y’all really think beating their backups means anything? The media would laugh if someone asked how did Bama lose to Miami. They run cover for SEC teams every bowl season.

This is something that would go across ESPN’s bottom line, “Mizzou got hammered by Oregon St bc they didn’t have anything to play for. They had playoff aspirations and it just didn’t work out.”
Yet uf was ranked top 10 preseason for beating Michigan team. There’s no way beating bama in a ny6 game isn’t a big boost

Advertisement
Yeah, I think we’d match up really well with a depleted Bama - except on offense, defense, special teams and coaching. WTF, is wrong with you asswipes who think beating a few ****** weak-*** teams suddenly makes us competitive. I hope it happens just to watch this site blow the F up.

Advertisement
It would primarily come down to:

1) their DL against our OL. If our RBs continued to really block hard & our TEs helped our OTs, we could hang with them;
2) tackling really well against a physical team;
3) Enos opening up the playbook & not being conservative (which would result in a loss as they would crowd the box & make things really hard for us); and
4) making FGs.

If Duke hung with them for a half, there's no reason we couldn't but the team & the City would have to really bring it.

So if we win you're all saying you'll be the gaytors of last year saying Look who we beat! that everyone criticized them for all off season .And the rest of the country will be saying, "Yeah, cuz Tua didn't play, the team didn't care, and half the good players sat out so they weren't hurt for the draft." Got it.
Even with all that being true, it would still be an impressive win.

I wouldn't mind that matchup but I have a feeling their d-line would butt fück our o-line on national tv

Advertisement
Back