Possible JUCO CB recruit for UM(Jhavonte Dean)

Not bad, nice ball skills, and if his speed numbers are legit....... he's definitely worth a look. Cant hurt to check him out.

Looks fast, I am thinking laser timed 4.5 second range for his 40yd time.
[video=youtube_share;V5_VifRwY9g]http://youtu.be/V5_VifRwY9g[/video]
**** that kid is fast I will say 4.4 laser . Did you see his separation speed. How Many kids on our team currently has this kind of speed

Advertisement
Per 247:

Cornerback Jhavonte Dean (Brenham, Tex./Blinn College) said Miami offered.

"I think that's pretty big," Dean said. "That's a hometown offer. They are my favorite school."

Dean said he plans to officially visit Utah in September. He said he's working on setting up an official visit to Oregon State as well.

He visited Alabama this past weekend.

His plan is to take five official visits this fall and then make a decision in December before enrolling in January.

He would have three years to play two on the Division 1 level.

Dean also has offers from Cincinnati (who he signed with out of Homestead, Fla./South Dade High School), Oregon State, Alabama (the leader), Utah, TCU, Florida, Kentucky and UCF.

that offer list is nice....wouldnt be a bad pickup at all.....

"favorite school" comment scares me though.

Says miami is moving to the top of his list in this interview.

Blinn College CB Jhavonte Dean landed a Hurricane scholarship offer on Monday.

It's his ninth offer.

Dean originally played for South Dade High School, signed with Cincinnati and then attended Blinn.

"The Miami offer means a lot to me, it's my favorite team," Dean told CaneSport. "It's 25 minutes away from my house."

Dean says of the Canes that "they're moving up there toward the top" of his recruiting list.

"I'm keeping it open, not leaning toward anyone right now," he said.

Dean says Florida, Alabama and TCU are among his other top offers.

"Miami coaches, I talked to them (Monday) - they were saying they watched my film, that they want to offer me, want me to come in and play right away because they have seniors that are leaving and need guys with experience," Dean said. "I just was shocked. It took a while for them to offer, but it's done now."
Dean says if UM had offered him in high school he'd "most likely" have committed.

He plans to make a commitment "sometime between August and September."

What does Miami have going for it with him?

"I'll find out when I visit coming up next month - they have a new staff so I haven't met any of them," Dean said. "I'll be there July 15."

Advertisement
I don't know about the caliber of receivers he's facing at Blinn, but that is the kind of kid you take!!

Good Call OP!

What a difference a good season under a very good defensive staff makes in Miami's on season performance to now get this young man to take an OV to Miami. The only thing that sucks is that he doesn't graduate Blinn JUCO until May 2017.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Good Call OP!

What a difference a good season under a very good defensive staff makes in Miami's on season performance to now get this young man to take an OV to Miami. The only thing that sucks is that he doesn't graduate Blinn JUCO until May 2017.

Go Canes

He's good enough to play here right away regardless. Him not coming until May could give some younger guys more reps in the spring. Really hope we land this kid.

Advertisement
Don't get too excited until he actually visits. Saban is known for shutting visits down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get too excited until he actually visits. Saban is known for shutting visits down.

Than its his choice Bama is deep at cb and have several 5 stars in the saddle . Honestly this decision isn't difficult

Advertisement

Bama has yet to even visit him since the contact period started. He barely hears from them anymore. Looks very much like he won't be in the class unless the miss on everyone they want.

The Humphrey kid might not go in the draft either since he's been hurt late in the season.

Bama has yet to even visit him since the contact period started. He barely hears from them anymore. Looks very much like he won't be in the class unless the miss on everyone they want.

The Humphrey kid might not go in the draft either since he's been hurt late in the season.

Fck Bama

Advertisement
Back