Possible JUCO CB recruit for UM(Jhavonte Dean)

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
A little while back me and [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] were asked how many CB's do we both see the team taking and we both said 3 not including a possible JUCO or Grad transfer because there's no point on loading up on a bunch of borderline 4* and 3* guys and then try and sell playing time to the plethora of talent in SFL at CB in 18'(6 of the top 20 nationally next year). The problem was we didn't know of anybody worth the look at JUCO who could possibly be a target for us in the future but I've came across one and wanted to bring him to light sort of speak. Maybe things have changed since then but I still think he might be worth a look

Jhavonte Dean, Blinn College, Cornerback

Jhavonte Dean played for South Dade and commited Cincinnati out of school but for some reason ended up at Blinn College. He is 6'1 175 lbs holding offers from Bama, TCU, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Oregon State, UCF, and Utah already.

Jhavonte Dean running the 40 and doing 1 v. 1 in practice: Spring 2016 Highlights - Jhavonte Dean highlights - Hudl

Jhavonte Dean game highlights: MY HIGHLIGHT - Jhavonte Dean highlights - Hudl

Advertisement
Not bad, nice ball skills, and if his speed numbers are legit....... he's definitely worth a look. Cant hurt to check him out.

A little while back me and [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] were asked how many CB's do we both see the team taking and we both said 3 not including a possible JUCO or Grad transfer because there's no point on loading up on a bunch of borderline 4* and 3* guys and then try and sell playing time to the plethora of talent in SFL at CB in 18'(6 of the top 20 nationally next year). The problem was we didn't know of anybody worth the look at JUCO who could possibly be a target for us in the future but I've came across one and wanted to bring him to light sort of speak. Maybe things have changed since then but I still think he might be worth a look

Jhavonte Dean played for South Dade and commited Cincinnati out of school but for some reason ended up at Blinn College. He is 6'1 175 lbs holding offers from Bama, TCU, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Oregon State, UCF, and Utah already.

Jhavonte Dean running the 40 and doing 1 v. 1 in practice: Spring 2016 Highlights - Jhavonte Dean highlights - Hudl

If the Nicktator want's him, I want him.

A little while back me and @Geo305 were asked how many CB's do we both see the team taking and we both said 3 not including a possible JUCO or Grad transfer because there's no point on loading up on a bunch of borderline 4* and 3* guys and then try and sell playing time to the plethora of talent in SFL at CB in 18'(6 of the top 20 nationally next year). The problem was we didn't know of anybody worth the look at JUCO who could possibly be a target for us in the future but I've came across one and wanted to bring him to light sort of speak. Maybe things have changed since then but I still think he might be worth a look

I also like the idea of taking a juco kid with 2 years to play at a position of need. Normally I wouldn't want us to be looking for corners this way, but it is a huge need. I believe Richt snagged a few DLs from Ga Military College in the past. I wonder if that will continue at the U.

And if the corner isn't exactly what we need, presumably, he would be able to help on special teams while only holding a ship for 2 years.

For those of you who haven't heard of Blinn College, it's where Cam Newton spent a year after getting kicked out of UF (and before he transferred to Auburn).

Advertisement
First I'd like for him to have his first name changed before we consider. Who came up with that spelling? An Indian spelling bee champion couldn't spell that name. It's alright to be ghetto but bad to give your child a name to confirm it.

First I'd like for him to have his first name changed before we consider. Who came up with that spelling? An Indian spelling bee champion couldn't spell that name. It's alright to be ghetto but bad to give your child a name to confirm it.

Sorry John Smith, not everyone is looking to conform. Or maybe it's a soft 'h' like in Arabic or Hebrew. Haters always gotta hate.

Advertisement
I think we need a JUCO kid this class. Otherwise with Elder gone you're left with Redwine and Young as the only CB's with experience. That's asking a lot of all the other freshman.

Advertisement
I would pass on this young man.
Well if you would pass that obviously means he's a take

Especially since Nick Saban, Gary Patterson, and Kyle Whittingham says your wrong

Last edited:
Not bad, nice ball skills, and if his speed numbers are legit....... he's definitely worth a look. Cant hurt to check him out.

Looks fast, I am thinking laser timed 4.5 second range for his 40yd time.
[video=youtube_share;V5_VifRwY9g]http://youtu.be/V5_VifRwY9g[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back