Possible Gator game date change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Someone mentioned this already, and hindsight is 20/20, and I’m certainly not being critical of the people that already bought their airline tickets.

But if you fly enough, you know that buying air tickets six months ahead of time offers you zero price advantage to buying it a month or two ahead of time.

I know that is no consolation for people that already bought their airline tickets and are going to have to get raped for additional change fees, but it’s something to keep in mind for future games.

I’m going out of the country for a couple of weeks sometime late summer early fall, and I’m nowhere near buying tickets yet. I do look at the prices from time to time and they really don’t change.

Actually for people that are veterans of squeezing every last penny out of it, there’s supposed to be a prime time for buying tickets, I believe it’s somewhere around 6 to 8 weeks before the actual flight. But that can change.

Some mentioned on here there are apps that help you identify the precise best time for buying a ticket.

Someone mentioned this already, and hindsight is 20/20, and I’m certainly not being critical of the people that already bought their airline tickets.

But if you fly enough, you know that buying air tickets six months ahead of time offers you zero price advantage to buying it a month or two ahead of time.

I know that is no consolation for people that already bought their airline tickets and are going to have to get raped for additional change fees, but it’s something to keep in mind for future games.

I’m going out of the country for a couple of weeks sometime late summer early fall, and I’m nowhere near buying tickets yet. I do look at the prices from time to time and they really don’t change.

Actually for people that are veterans of squeezing every last penny out of it, there’s supposed to be a prime time for buying tickets, I believe it’s somewhere around 6 to 8 weeks before the actual flight. But that can change.

Some mentioned on here there are apps that help you identify the precise best time for buying a ticket.

labor day weekend changes flight prices

Advertisement

This is ridiculous. It won't effect me personally, as I'm driving up and my group hasn't booked out Airbnb yet. But this sucks for the people that are flying in.

I mean, this is sometimes true, but for Southwest, they only offer a limited number of "wanna get away fares." Once those are gone, prices go way up. So for Southwest, you are better off getting as early as possible. The wanna get away fares are not refundable either.

corporate/business attorney here. answer is very likely NO.

Even with their recent statement that they knew about this since December and filed an appeal in January, you don’t think that creates a duty to disclose? I know the tickets have a waiver on them (subject to change in date and time etc) and caveat empor and all that ****. But couldn’t the seller (UM) reasonably assume that this is a material fact the buyer would rely on before purchase?

It’s certainly reasonable for Miami fans to buy airfare, accommodations, etc that are non refundable based on having a ticket to this game that they would not otherwise purchase.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, would love to know your reasoning though.

Advertisement
Before everyone gets their panties in a wad, who is reporting this? Until someone can come up with a verifiable source, this is just another BS rumor. I don't want to hear someone's cousin ran into Diaz in a Burger King.

Before everyone gets their panties in a wad, who is reporting this? Until someone can come up with a verifiable source, this is just another BS rumor. I don't want to hear someone's cousin ran into Diaz in a Burger King.

The schools, network and venue all released a joint statement saying this is going to happen if they get NCAA approval...

Here's ESPN's article about it...

Advertisement
Why are you guys stressing about ticket refunds of all things? You won't be losing money on those no matter what. At "worst" you sell them at face to a Canes fan. At "best" you probably recoup any cancellation fees that you incurred PLUS some $$$ if you absolutely can't make it now.

That said, I can absolutely understand the frustration/rage about this if you're out of state and had to make hotel, airfare, Disney, etc. plans this far in advance because you're dealing with work & kid logistics. That blows and certainly will be a bigger issue with Canes fans than the Gheyturd "Nation" that is carpooling from Pasco County.

Potential bright side if you HAD to make this a family trip (and can swing it)- come a week early by yourself with buddies instead of the wife and kids. You'll get a guys trip that just fell into your lap and the ol' battle axe won't even be able to complain as it was beyond your control!

Here's ESPN's article about it...

Gators and Canes are not the ones pushing this idea. Blame it on ESPN and some organization called CFB150. If NCAA approves this, I wonder how much money will get for their approval?

Advertisement
I mean, this is sometimes true, but for Southwest, they only offer a limited number of "wanna get away fares." Once those are gone, prices go way up. So for Southwest, you are better off getting as early as possible. The wanna get away fares are not refundable either.

SW is kind of an outlier, but still, I don’t think you have to buy six months ahead of time to get that third tier wannagetaway fare, unless it’s a super high demand time frame.

You’re always going to go up against the demand/supply time curve no matter what. I fly a lot, and personally have found the sweet spot around 6-8 weeks (again demand/supply can change things)

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Not playing, or being a smart ***, I literally don’t understand.

This is an entirely new system. I would like for our offense to have that extra week to prepare and continue learning the playbook. I want the play calling to be wide open in week 1

I fly southwest all the time. You can change dates and times up to 24 hours before your flight

I already rebooked my hotel. This off-season has not been a good look for the ticket office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back