Positive news on 5 stars

I don't see it with Miami and Garcia. He loves USC more than Miami. Doubt there is any amount of recruiting that can change that. I'd imagine he has been competing and compared against Miller Moss since middle school. So nothing new there. Why sign with Miami when you can have an opportunity to be the starting QB of your favorite school? Additionally, Miami has shown its hand as transfer U (King, Martell) so wouldn't Garcia feel/assume he can choose USC then transfer over in a year or two?

I would rather usher in the era of the dual threat QB at Miami (looking at you, Preston Stone). Weird thing is that if Nkosi Perry was in this recruiting class, we'd be salivating at what he could do in Lashlee's offense. Guess that's why you take multiple QBs. You never know when your grand prize QB will turn out to be a knucklehead.

Advertisement
We get a final 2 for Taylor and everyone starts losing their **** minds. We will be lucky and happy to get Taylor. In 20 years, we have gotten 10 5 stars total (247) and only 1 in the last 5 years. We have never had more than two in a class. Taylor will do just fine if we can close

I would rather usher in the era of the dual threat QB at Miami (looking at you, Preston Stone). Weird thing is that if Nkosi Perry was in this recruiting class, we'd be salivating at what he could do in Lashlee's offense. Guess that's why you take multiple QBs. You never know when your grand prize QB will turn out to be a knucklehead.

Same, want another dynamic dual threat. Doubt we'll get that guy this class but hope that's the direction we land in the future. I know others don't feel this way, but I'm very comfortable with a Perry/TVD qb battle if Lashalee/Likens/Justice/Hickson/Fields are still around next spring.

I don't see it with Miami and Garcia. He loves USC more than Miami. Doubt there is any amount of recruiting that can change that. I'd imagine he has been competing and compared against Miller Moss since middle school. So nothing new there. Why sign with Miami when you can have an opportunity to be the starting QB of your favorite school? Additionally, Miami has shown its hand as transfer U (King, Martell) so wouldn't Garcia feel/assume he can choose USC then transfer over in a year or two?
Why would he be scared of Tate? Why would he be scared of a mythical transfer? We don’t even know what the QB transfer market is gonna look like and we’re already banking on it? Biggins posted today that we’re in that recruitment. I posted the snippet today. For a guy who loves USC he sure doesn’t mind that his love fest with Miami is all over the place. If we were them we would be talking about when the flip would be occurring.

Same, want another dynamic dual threat. Doubt we'll get that guy this class but hope that's the direction we land in the future. I know others don't feel this way, but I'm very comfortable with a Perry/TVD qb battle if Lashalee/Likens/Justice/Hickson/Fields are still around next spring.
Just because you want it doesn’t mean Lashlee wants it. Marshall and king are the only evidence that he doesn’t mind them but his long history has athletic QBs but QBs you wouldn’t describe as a DT just like Garcia.

Advertisement
The state of Florida announced players can sign paid endorsements next year u best believe we in the game for em now

Why would he be scared of Tate? Why would he be scared of a mythical transfer? We don’t even know what the QB transfer market is gonna look like and we’re already banking on it? Biggins posted today that we’re in that recruitment. I posted the snippet today. For a guy who loves USC he sure doesn’t mind that his love fest with Miami is all over the place. If we were them we would be talking about when the flip would be occurring.

You should reread my post because your first three questions have nothing to do with what I wrote. As for Biggins, I know we're in the recruitment. We've been in it for over a year now. And we were the presumed landing spot until his favorite school offered him a scholarship and he committed shortly after. Still is committed there. RE: the love fest - Been doing this too long to read too much into a teenager's tweets, especially while under lockdown, one way or the other.

I would not be talking about a potential flip coming if I was a USC fan and a Miami based skill position player, who is committed to Miami, was talking to USC fans on twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you want it doesn’t mean Lashlee wants it. Marshall and king are the only evidence that he doesn’t mind them but his long history has athletic QBs but QBs you wouldn’t describe as a DT just like Garcia.

Obviously. That's why I said that's what I want, not want Lashalee wants. Lashalee is already pursuing a bunch of non-dual threat juniors, in addition to a few dual threat ones. He will tweak his offense to cater whoever the best qb on the roster is (if he is still even around when the qb he recruits reaches his 2nd or 3rd year).

Last edited by a moderator:
best chance - Taylor (if we win 9+ games, I legit think he's a Cane)
medium chance - JWilliams (we HAVE to have a 10-12 win type year with a NY6 bowl win or something along those lines to have a chance)
very little chance - Leigh and Smith.....awesome and feels good to be considered but it isnt happening. No way in **** Smith goes anywhere outside the SEC. They just dont get outbid for ELITE DTs like that.

Advertisement
best chance - Taylor (if we win 9+ games, I legit think he's a Cane)
medium chance - JWilliams (we HAVE to have a 10-12 win type year with a NY6 bowl win or something along those lines to have a chance)
very little chance - Leigh and Smith.....awesome and feels good to be considered but it isnt happening. No way in **** Smith goes anywhere outside the SEC. They just dont get outbid for ELITE DTs like that.

Isnt Ed Reed from Louisiana too? He can take Smith out for crayfish etouffee and beignets and tell Smith about how Miami has been good to kids from the Pelican State.

Realistically, Taylor and maybe Williams. That's it. And speaking on Garcia (I know he's not a 5*) I feel like by the time he deccomits, we will already have someone committed or just showing more interest. So yeah , I don't see him at usc, but I'm starting to feel it won't be us either. I suck at recruiting predictions so... Yeah lol

Exactly how I feel. He's going to stick around and compete against Moss for the backup next year. MAYBE he leaves if he loses. There's also ASU in the picture.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lashlee doesn’t prefer a dual threat contrary to popular belief. D’eriq King happens to be elite running the ball but he was sought after because he’s an assassin passing the ball too it’s just usually not talked about enough. His arm in so underrated and he’ll blow people away at the nfl combine

Advertisement
Back