Portal

Geddy Lee

Living In The Limelight
We gonna work the portal to address needs before fall camp rolls around? Idk how many men we could take but I’d take a couple OL and a LB for depth purposes.

What you all think?

Advertisement
We gonna work the portal to address needs before fall camp rolls around? Idk how many men we could take but I’d take a couple OL and a LB for depth purposes.

What you all think?
When fall camp comes around we should be goof at LB; we will have Shaq, Pickney, McCloud, Joyner, Jennings, Brooks, Huff, and maybe wilder. Even if Wilder does not come back that would be 7 and considering we will mostly play a 4-2-5 we will be pretty good, no need to panic yet for the LB depth. Now the OL is another story, we have a lot of natural, good guards and not enough good tackles, for example, Reed, Donaldson, Campbell, Hillery, and scaife are all natural guards and for the tackle positions we only have Brown, who is not that good, Herbert, and Nelson who is still developing. Maybe Tom Kennedy can put that work over summer and turn the corner or Adam can come in and surprise people, but I doubt that. So to be safe we really just need one legit LT that Scaife can back up to and play his natural position which is guard. Did Herbert play majority LT or RT?

I would imagine some current players will be Leaving prior to summer. Need to fill those spots. Time to enter the portal.
l
I would imagine some current players will be Leaving prior to summer. Need to fill those spots. Time to enter the portal.
like who, besides maybe having players like Wilder stop playing football, I do not see anyone leaving.

Advertisement
We only have 1 2019 initial counter left, unless proven wrong. Do we want to grab more than a starting OT? We have a good shot at a great 2020 class. By dipping into that well, we forego future reward for instant gratification, hoping of course that we don't find another Kennedy or Brown. I honestly think we would have enough to get by UF if we CAN find an OT. That would be all we need til the ACCCG.

When fall camp comes around we should be goof at LB; we will have Shaq, Pickney, McCloud, Joyner, Jennings, Brooks, Huff, and maybe wilder. Even if Wilder does not come back that would be 7 and considering we will mostly play a 4-2-5 we will be pretty good, no need to panic yet for the LB depth. Now the OL is another story, we have a lot of natural, good guards and not enough good tackles, for example, Reed, Donaldson, Campbell, Hillery, and scaife are all natural guards and for the tackle positions we only have Brown, who is not that good, Herbert, and Nelson who is still developing. Maybe Tom Kennedy can put that work over summer and turn the corner or Adam can come in and surprise people, but I doubt that. So to be safe we really just need one legit LT that Scaife can back up to and play his natural position which is guard. Did Herbert play majority LT or RT?

scaife is a natural tackle.

We definately need an OT in the Portal and a grad transfer lB

Martin is a possibility to be asked to look for greener pastures, Dykstra, players that, just like others across the country, that want to go find playing time elsewhere. A horde of Illinois OL left this year. You never know who wants to leave or stay, or who will be pushed out.
We are well under the 85 limit, so that is not the worry. The worry is finding players that will make the immediate impact we all want.

scaife is a natural tackle.

We definately need an OT in the Portal and a grad transfer lB
I have to disagree, he can play tackle do to his quick feet and and blocking technique, but he is built like a guard and is just as good at guard as he is at tackle. Are depth at OT is trash and he is the our only OL that can handle that position rn.

Advertisement
l

like who, besides maybe having players like Wilder stop playing football, I do not see anyone leaving.
Loser of QB battle not named Tate Martell will most probably be gone. Tyreic Martin and Bob Knowles may also be moving on if they can't break the rotation. I'm sure there may be others. Not entirely familiar with the 85 to 120 man squad.

Martin is a possibility to be asked to look for greener pastures, Dykstra, players that, just like others across the country, that want to go find playing time elsewhere. A horde of Illinois OL left this year. You never know who wants to leave or stay, or who will be pushed out.
We are well under the 85 limit, so that is not the worry. The worry is finding players that will make the immediate impact we all want.
do not thinking Martin is not leaving, he was just praised by the coaches from the last scrimmage and some posters says that he is better than most people think, Dykstra on the other hand will most likely be gone.

Dykstra shouldn’t have been here to begin with so he’s gone this year or next.

Advertisement

manny might push kids out. a OL, 1-2 Lb's, and a safety are on the table for portal. i think we are good at CB. rump is confident that williams and couch can contribute this year.

Advertisement
If you think we are going to find a LT/RT that can play immediately and be a starting quality guy, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska that’s for sale.

We may be able to find a body at LB (maybe that kid from UCLA- Johnson) for depth purposes.

“Ocean front property in Nebraska” lmao 😂

Yea..but we need those guys..**** somebody gotta practice lol

We only have 1 2019 initial counter left, unless proven wrong. Do we want to grab more than a starting OT? We have a good shot at a great 2020 class. By dipping into that well, we forego future reward for instant gratification, hoping of course that we don't find another Kennedy or Brown. I honestly think we would have enough to get by UF if we CAN find an OT. That would be all we need til the ACCCG.

I think we have 3-4, I believe the early enrollees got counted towards last year class which was at 22 counters

Advertisement
Back