Portal Targets

Advertisement
Omier was 5-16 from 3s
Cleveland was 21-60 from 3s
Because of knowing Matthew for so many years I watched a lot of FSU games. More often than not I was screaming at the TV as Matthew turned down open 12-15 foot jump shot after jump shot. Against zone defenses they put him at the free throw line to initiate their offense. And time and time again he absolutely refused to take a shot that every single pro, college and high school 3 man must take, and make; the free throw line jump shot.

I don’t expect you to know this becuase you probably didn’t want 12-15 FSU games last season as I did. But for anyone who knows Matthew Cleveland’s game it was EXTREMELY frustrating to watch him play this season I frankly don’t know what is wrong with him or if Ham has killed his confidence to take that shot. I’m not telling you anything based on stats, I am telling you what reality is based on watching the game, you know the old fashioned way people used to know if a player was good or not. Whether you understand or believe me is completely up to you.

With no news on Wong, I doubt he’d come here. Although it’s odd he’s committing before he was scheduled to go on visits.

If he were to commit to us that means Wong is gone. But I think Xavier.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miller was just a straight grown *** man.

I want to see him succeed in the NBA so badly.
Me too. But I wouldn't count on it. He's a 2G in the NBA and not sure his handle or shot is quite good enough. Those scoring drives inside he got in college will result in his eating leather in the pros.

Advertisement
1. I'd hope so, because of the positions each plays.
2. But I'm not sure about that. Omier shot better from the line than Cleveland did. I think by the time next season starts, Omier may be the better shooter.
We didn't want Omier shooting 3s. That said, despite all the snickers and guffaws when he took the occasional three, his form is actually very good. And he can make them.

Because of knowing Matthew for so many years I watched a lot of FSU games. More often than not I was screaming at the TV as Matthew turned down open 12-15 foot jump shot after jump shot. Against zone defenses they put him at the free throw line to initiate their offense. And time and time again he absolutely refused to take a shot that every single pro, college and high school 3 man must take, and make; the free throw line jump shot.

I don’t expect you to know this becuase you probably didn’t want 12-15 FSU games last season as I did. But for anyone who knows Matthew Cleveland’s game it was EXTREMELY frustrating to watch him play this season I frankly don’t know what is wrong with him or if Ham has killed his confidence to take that shot. I’m not telling you anything based on stats, I am telling you what reality is based on watching the game, you know the old fashioned way people used to know if a player was good or not. Whether you understand or believe me is completely up to you.
Great post. I watched FSU a lot and a big part of their problem was having poor court leadership. Nobody really knew their role well enough. IMO, Cleveland has great upside.

Who's gonna be our on-court "leader" next Fall? When Wong was here, he was THAT guy for us. The guy to take the last shot as the clock ticked down in a tie game.

He could have played the 2. About the same size as Wong.
If the game was played with two basketballs, maybe Pack and Ellis exist together. You can call them what you like -- PGs, 2Gs, Combo Guards. Fact remains, they both need and want to shoot a lot.

They both need to optimally play with a PG setting them up for their catch and shoot games. Ellis is gonna find that out at Arkansas. They've over-recruited that backcourt as it stands today.

Advertisement
Back