Portal Targets

Advertisement
It's difficult to have a full roster of 13 guys, especially now with the portal. However, if we only roll with 10 or so dudes, that badly hurts depth, especially if injuries arise. We had a very successful scout team this year due to all of the guys at the end of the bench,
I can see us having 11 roster guys and 2 walkons

Advertisement
I still struggle to see where he fits. Him, Pack and Wooga would be a really small 1-3 unless we're planning to play a true big next to Omier.
If we get these guys it will be under the assumption that we want depth and to be able to push pace with a 2nd unit, everybody is basically a starter type scenario. We saw depth at UCONN. Take some unselfishness from current guys and guys coming in but if that happens we cooking. Need guys that care more about winning than NIL.

If we get these guys it will be under the assumption that we want depth and to be able to push pace with a 2nd unit, everybody is basically a starter type scenario. We saw depth at UCONN. Take some unselfishness from current guys and guys coming in but if that happens we cooking. Need guys that care more about winning than NIL.
He's not coming to Miami to sit on the bench and Pack isn't moving into a bench role.

Advertisement
assuming Wong gone and we get El our backcourt is
Pack
Wooga
Ellis
Joseph
Watson
Robinson

Show me a better group of guards.

Advertisement
I still struggle to see where he fits. Him, Pack and Wooga would be a really small 1-3 unless we're planning to play a true big next to Omier.
It’s pure speculation on my part, but I’m starting to believe they’ve either been informed by Wong or are expecting him not to come back.

Because along with El Ellis, they’ve also reached out to Quincy Olivari, the 6’3 Guard from Rice who is also a high volume scorer averaging 18.7ppg.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Larra would be reaching out to Guards who are starters & big time scorers & both of whom are only 1-year rentals if they believed Wong was staying.

Advertisement
It’s pure speculation on my part, but I’m starting to believe they’ve either been informed by Wong or are expecting him not to come back.

Because along with El Ellis, they’ve also reached out to Quincy Olivari, the 6’3 Guard from Rice who is also a high volume scorer averaging 18.7ppg.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Larra would be reaching out to Guards who are starters & big time scorers & both of whom are only 1-year rentals if they believed Wong was staying.
100%. Wong and Ellis aren't that far off size wise but Wong is longer and a better defender. We'd be a smaller team for sure.

If I had my wish we’d pass on Ellis and Olivari and go all in on Mgbako and keeping the rest of our guards home.

Pack/Bens
Wooga/??? Jakai
Mgbako/Watson
Amzil/Casey
Omier/Nwoko

Ohhhhh lawdy let a guy dream lol

Advertisement
Back